First weigh in - only 1lb!

AussieMum

Hello - I am so disappointed as I had my first weigh in last night and had only lost one pound. I have honestly been sticking to the diet properly and have also been out running five times this week. As it's my first weigh in as well, I thought I would lose more in my first week, hence the big disappointment. Has anyone else had the same experience?

Yes, I 'only' lost one pound in my first week but lost 4 in my second week. Sometimes the body takes a while to catch up. Still, a loss is a loss. I'm pretty pleased with 1 lb now - slow and steady wins the race!

What do you mean "only 1lb" ???
I loose on average 1lb a week and I've lost 9 stone...or should that be "only 9 stone???"
You should be congratulated that you have lost this week Hun. Dont feel disappointed as your body is getting used to the change in diet.
It will come off.

xxxx

Hello both. Thanks for your replies - I probably shouldn't have put 'only' a pound! I think I had set myself up to believe that I will lose more in the first week and was hoping for between 4-6lbs, hence the disappointment. You know what it's like when you're all excited and think 'whoo hoooooo! this diet is brill!' and then not see the results you'd hoped for on the scales??

You will see those results!! It may take it a little longer for you, as you dont have that much weight to loose really. Perhaps our body is happy holding on to the weight for a little while before it is kick started into touch.

Hi all

I sts on my first weigh in - was very disappointed as I had been sticking to plan 100% - but then on second week lost 3.5lbs! Third weigh in tonight so staying hopeful! I would be happy to lose anything - just think, the slower it comes off, the more likely you are to keep it off!

It's still a pound! And i mean this in the nicest possible way, but your BMI is in the healthy range, so i wouldn't expect to drop weight as rapidly as someone who is classed as obese. So stick at it and the weight will come off :)

Hi Aussie Mum,

This little poem most people have heard of before, but I think you might like it :)

Hello, do you know me? If you don't you should. I'm a pound of fat, and I'm the happiest pound of fat that you would ever want to meet. Want to know why? It's because no one ever wants to lose me; I'm Only One Pound, just a pound. Everyone wants to lose three pounds, five pounds or fifteen pounds, but never only one, so I just stick around and happily keep you fat. Then I add to myself ever so slyly so that you never seem to notice it, that is until I've grown to ten, twenty or even more pounds in weight. Yes, it's fun being Only One Pound of fat, left to do as I please. So, when you weigh in, keep right on saying "Oh, I only lost one pound." ( as if that were such a terrible thing!) For you see, if you do this you'll encourage others to keep me around because they will think I'm not worth losing. And I love being around you - your arms, your legs, your chin, your hips and every part of you. Happy Days!! After all, I'm Only One Pound of fat!!!

I think people getting told when they're joining by consultants or by word of mouth that their first week they'll have a larger loss. Even though for some people it's very true, but for some who are switching between diets or people who are already eating pretty healthy with the treat too many who need that little bit of help, the losses are less.

Congratulations on your loss! 1lb off is 1lb gone forever and in the right direction! :D

Thank you so much for your messages - love the poem, and you are right Say - I am one of those people who eat healthily prior to Slimming World but just indulge in a dorito or two too many whilst having a glass or two of wine too many on a night or two too many!

So glad to have found this board, and I shall celebrate my pound - slow and steady!

1lb is still a loss! Bee proud and keep positive!! Would you rather put on? Then u will love the single lb ! lol x

Back