First weigh in

Halo

Morning

This has been my first full week on 5:2, I have been really good and stuck to just under 500 cals on Monday and yesterday, got up this morning excited about jumping on the scales and only lost 1 pound.....
I know I shouldn't complain as a loss is a loss, but after seeing everyone else's massive losses in the first week I felt a little disheartened.
I'm not gonna give up, I will soldier on with it, just wondering if if coz I've only got half and stone to lose.
I must admit from coming over from weight watchers, it a relief not having to constantly work count points (although I do keep track of cals on my fitness pal) as it was soooooo frustrating when looking at food in shops, and been able to eat more interesting things :)

Hi Halo,

Don't give up - it does work! One lb is still lb less. Go and get a weight from the kitchen too feel what you've lost.

There's no idea of your weight in your profile.... Those of us with a little more to lose seem to shed it more quickly - it takes a lot of effort to haul a big frame around, creating a bigger deficit on the down days.

Morning

This has been my first full week on 5:2, I have been really good and stuck to just under 500 cals on Monday and yesterday, got up this morning excited about jumping on the scales and only lost 1 pound.....
I know I shouldn't complain as a loss is a loss, but after seeing everyone else's massive losses in the first week I felt a little disheartened.
I'm not gonna give up, I will soldier on with it, just wondering if if coz I've only got half and stone to lose.
I must admit from coming over from weight watchers, it a relief not having to constantly work count points (although I do keep track of cals on my fitness pal) as it was soooooo frustrating when looking at food in shops, and been able to eat more interesting things :)

If you don't have much to lose that may be why - I'm down to last 1/2 stone and a pound for me is a big loss! Well done and keep going!

1lb a week is about average and sometimes I don't get that even with 3 fast days per week, it's not a quick loss diet tbh, slow and steady and all that

Back