FIRST WEIGH IN

12stone_wannabe

and i weighed 15st 7.5lbs! was so disgusted with myself. Hubby doesnt understand and isnt helping and after 9 years of ww I am completely stuck with what meals to do as what i usually would eat on ww really doesnt fit in with SW! Have spent the last 2 days in tears trying to work it all out!

take a step back, dont panic. this is a fresh start. WW doesnt work for everyone and hopefully you will find success in SW. first of all dismiss everything you think about whats good, whats bad, portion sizes ect and open your SW book witha fresh head and read it. follow it to the word. eat as much as you want when you want within the boundaries of the plan. enjoy your syns, use your healthy extras and dont feel guilty about eating. most people on SW eat more than they have EVER eaten, me included.

dont be upset about your first weigh in, feel empowered that now your in control and that you can and will do something about it. and if you need any help were here and so is your SWC to tlk thrings through :)

good luck in starting SW, believe in it because it really does work

I agree hunny.
I weighed in at 15.13 and a half and am only 5"3 so your better than me!
You;ll be fine. Have a look through some of the diarys to get some ideas and i am on msn sa always if you need a hand? Were int his together, we'll do it hun.
xx

Hey I weighed EXACTLY the same when I joined SW 6 weeks ago. I'm now 14.5lbs lighter.
I had also previously done WW so was quite confused to start with on SW but I kept reading the books, bought a couple of cookbooks and stuck to green for the first two weeks until I had the confidence to try original and I feel like I know what I am doing now :)
It will sink in and away you'll go! The journey is easier than the WW journey was for me x

I was 15 stone 3 when I started and I'm now under 13 stone. I also found it really confusing to start with and lived on fruit and yogurt the first day til I got to grips with it. Read your food optimising book again, and give your consultant a ring if you're stuck. The webpage is helpful, and this is the best site for SW. You'll soon get the hang of it and wonder why you didn't ditch ww years ago.

Green days are vegetarian, so you can fill up on potatoes/pasta/rice/beans/quorn etc. I lived on green days for the first 2 weeks. Bread and milk/cheese etc are healthy extras on red and green days.
Red days are for meat (low fat) so you can fill up on low fat sausages (most are very low in syns) chicken breast, bacon with no fat, fillet steak etc.

Eggs are free on both days, as is fruit, most veg and diet yogurt. Peas and sweetcorn are for green days unless you have them as a hexB on a red day.

Good luck!

now you know what the scales say - they will never read that again, you are in control and will get to where you want to be by sticking to the plan. This is a fabulous forum for support and ask any questions you like, we are all in the same boat. have fun with what you can eat and surprise the hell out of your other half by eating loads and still lose weight - it will blow his mind!!!!

thanks guys! felt really silly for posting the 1st message! Anyway i e-mailed the consultant and she replied back with loads of hints and tips so am feeling much happier now!

Good luck on SW, I started last night and slowly getting the hang of it. I've tried a few other diets this one seems strange that you can eat so much food and still lose weight.
I can't weight to see how much I've lost next week.:)

Back