first weight in tonight and gained 0.5lb - devastated

mandy796

Hi, i have around two stone to lose on sw and tonight was my first week weight in and was mortified to see i'd gained half a pound :( :cry:im so disappointed and i felt like crying and walking out. I made myself stay for group and i intend to carry on. The thing is ive stuck to it religiously, weighing out healthy extras etc, i even went to the gym twice this week. ive held back on eating as i was cautious and ive felt really hungry most days which has been hard, its also TOM, could this be a factor? this has never affected me when ive done sw in the past several years ago though. Also how important is superfree food as i eat lots of fruit and veg just not much superfree, do i have to have superfree every meal?
Thanks

Yes, it being that time of the month could certainly make a difference - it does for a great many women.

Also, holding back on eating and feeling hungry probably means that you simply haven't been eating enough. On the SW plan you should be eating plenty, just plenty of the right foods. Feeling hungry is a sign that you probably aren't doing it right!

Also, I think that perhaps you are not quite understanding the plan properly, as you say that you "eat lots of fruit and veg just not much superfree" - but superfree IS fruit and vegetables (with a few exceptions). And you should be having one third of your plate as superfree.

Perhaps you should sit down with your books and read them again - no-one takes it all in at a first reading.

And have you given a food diary to the consultant? She or he can analyse what you are eating and see if you are making any mistakes.

Hi I agree with the above post^^

TOTM will certainly make a difference. I could guarantee if it were my week I would put on so next week is going to be a good week! Just make sure as Anna says you are following the plan 100%. The other thing to note is you say you've been to the gym twice this week and when you start exercising, for some reason you can hold the weight for a few weeks before it starts to shift, but it will.

What I would say is you will need to 'learn' to deal with disappointing weeks as they happen to the best of us. For some reason even when you've been 100% you can occasionally STS or gain a little and it's about how you cope with this. As you said you felt like crying but you stuck it out and you do need to keep this positive attitude even when you feel like 'what's the point'? If you can chalk the bad weeks up to experience, plough on regardless and follow the plan it will work.

I hope that's helped to reassure you and good luck for next week :D

Good advice from Anna and Jeanne. There is no need to feel hungry on SW - eat to feel full and trust the plan. Try and think of your weight loss on a monthly basis - there will be weeks when you have been 100% and don't lose, but over a month you will see a downward trend. Keep going and good luck!

Well done for staying to class and deciding to stick with SW.

I agree with everyone who has commented above.

You don't need to be hungry on SW it certainly doesn't make the plan work.

SW is magic, you must believe and follow the plan properly otherwise the magic SW fairy can't grant you your wishes :) :) :)

When I first did SW I was expecting a fantastic loss on my first week - I came away with a measly half a pound loss and felt like a complete failure. The following week a massive 6lbs disappeared.

Some people have "delayed" losses - I'm one of them..so I can have a great week on plan and lose half a pound, then a bit of a dodgy one the following week and get a 2lb loss.

Try not to get too bogged down with the scales - they can be flighty wee beggers - take some measurements now and check these on a monthly basis in addition to your weight on the scales.

aww bless ya :bighug:

i def echo what the lovely ladies above have all been saying, and well done for staying at class, i would have gone home and eaten the children.

dont be afraid to eat. feeling hungry will only make your body grab hold of whatever you do eat and keep it nice and safe as it feels it wont be fed again anytime soon!

stuff your face with superfree and enjoy it!! also dont forget to have your hebs everyday and your syns, as then you wont feel deprived and therefore more likely to succeed.

didnt help, Tom turning up though Ill bet. chin up and be positive for next weigh in as it will show xx

I will agree that some people do have delayed losses, I am one and you may be too! It was my first weigh in on Monday and I hadnt lost any weight at all, I stuck to plan all week> weighed and measured healthy extras and syns, ate plenty of superfree and free foods, made lots of different meals, had a really good 'diet' week! But the week before I started I went out a few times, had lots of naughty foods so wasnt expecting much of a loss as I always lose a week in arrears! Have weighed this morning and lost 2lb since Monday night already so hopefully I will get my week 1 loss next Monday!

Weigh yourself in the morning and see if it looks better for you too :)

Oh, I should say that because I know that I tend to lose a week in arrears I wore jeans and heavy boots to starting weigh in and wore lights trousers and no shoes for 1st week weigh in so I lost nothing but scales said I lost 3lb lol!! cheating but made me feel better :)

Oh, I should say that because I know that I tend to lose a week in arrears I wore jeans and heavy boots to starting weigh in and wore lights trousers and no shoes for 1st week weigh in so I lost nothing but scales said I lost 3lb lol!! cheating but made me feel better :)

Haha! I love the idea of our weight losses being in arrears - it's my bloody rear I want it off! ;)

Well done you for staying to group and for your determination to stick at this, it will get you far!!

As the others have said already, totm - definitely has an effect, no matter how good I've been I struggle to get a loss if weigh in falls on the day before or first day of my period. Sometimes I get mid month bloat too. Also the exercise, if you've not been going to the gym for a while and have thrown yourself into it with all good intentions then you'll retain water from that too.

If you have a good week, really get your head around the plan, sounds like you've misunderstood the superfree part, then you will surely see a big loss next week.

Keep going!! Good luck xx

If you don't usually go to the gym it can be the exercise but some people don't lose much on their first week and loads on their second week. Keep with it and I'm sure you will be brilliant :) We are all here if you need some advice or support :)

Back