First WI, completey underwhelming....

shazzy_shaz

Silver Member
Just had my first weigh in and lost 7lbs... I'm totally gutted and I could tell from my CDC face she was expecting a bigger loss to! I weighed myself on my scales this morning and they said I'd lost 10lbs so I went in feeling great and then it was like a pinch in the face! All the work I'd put in this week and not to have a big loss and in the first week I feel like what's the point now!

My CDC said perhaps I'll have a big loss next week but I'm definitely only having 3 shakes a day and will pit in some exercise I was so mortified getting on the scales I can't bear it again for a 2nd week! Hopefully will have a better loss next week!

7lbs is still really good!! My cdc has a 2lb weight of fat at her house and its suprisingly really heavy!! Dont beat urself up half a stone is great! Good job x

hey hun i only lost 9lbs first week i was abit dissapointed aswell and could also tell my cdc was abit to and expected more but 2nd weigh in i lost another 8lbs which she was suprised at so thats 1stone 3lbs in 2 weeks which im over the moon about i think this week will be a small number thought id be really happy for 4lbs though chin up and carry on hun x

Thanks so much ladies!! I think it was from reading everyone's great weight losses that I expected a few pounds more! My CDC I'm a mystery as she can normally predict how things go but she did say that while most people have a low 2nd week I might I have another similar one! This place really is a god send I was almost about to reach for jacket potato before I read your lovely posts! It's just made me more determined for next week!

Plus my mum says I'm been a wally considering how long it would take to lose weight on a 'normal' diet like SW or WW! And she's right I think I'm just impatient! Probably like many of us to get the weight off quickly!!

yes my cdc said exactly the same and i lost another 8lbs the 2nd week when most people loose about 3-4lbs x

That's fantastic about your success Sarah!! You must be over the moon you've done so well! I'm definitely going to see this week as a challenge! Week two bring it on :)

I guess it also goes to show that everyone truly is different and will lose/ change at different rates!

Hey! I lost less than you in my first week - 6.75lbs but I was happy with that. Weightloss just varies for everyone and your starting weight will make a difference as well. It will even itself out, it might be that you have a few losses of that size in a row whereas others might not. Keep going - it's so worth it!

I feel so silly now for making such a fuss, I know it's great to lose half a stone in a week especially when I exercised for hours at a time for weeks and hardly lost anything! I'll just see what week two brings! In any case you can't put a weight loss on feeling this great and in control! I resisted fish and chips... I can resist everything and anything now!! It's so worth it ;)

Exactly! You can do it! Don't feel silly, there's been times where I have felt really disappointed but give it some time and then look at how much you've lost overall - like you said there is no other diet where you could reach these numbers! Good luck for next week - you'll be not far off the first stone by then :)

Well done on your success!!

My CDC also mentioned that sometimes you might find that you dont lose anything one week and might wonder whats going on... esp if you havent been cheating... but instead of seeing the difference on the scales... you may find you losing inches, eg round your waist etc...

Don't forget that a lot of your first week is water weight anyway, so whether you lost 7lbs or 10lbs it a great loss and then next week will be the real tell tale sign. Good luck!

Well had my second WI last night and after moaning about a 7lbs loss I found myself wishing for the same as this week I only managed a dismal 3lbs!! I burst into tears right there as I couldn't believe that having stuck to SS on 3 shakes I could so little! I'm massive so it should be falling off me!!

My CDC says everyone has a pants week 2 WI for some reason (her week 2 was 1lb after losing 11lbs in her first WI!) and that I should just STOL obsessing as she's not had a client yet who has failed to lose a stone in a month... I don't wanna be the exception and fail :(

Has anyone else experiences the do called week 2 WI curse or is it just me??

:( sorry that you are disappointed! But just think of what 3lbs is in weight if you carry a packet of sugar or butter!! At least you lost and not gained or stayed the same!

I read some where that when we lose ketones it also slows down our metabolism... Something to note for later on... As once your body has adjusted to SS etc maybe you could introduce some light exercise to up the metabolism and bump up your weight loss ( just a thought)

Chin up!! You did well!!! Xx

I had my first weigh in today at day 6 and I lost 3lb..... Must have kicked into ketosis quite late according to my consultant. Let's see how next week will be

Hey zimmum thanks for your lovely words!! At least you're in ketosis now! How have you found your first week on CD? You'll probably have a big loss next WI.. I did although saying that i weighed out 3lbs and was shocked at just how heavy it was as I didn't think it'd weigh do much! I'm gonna try BLT and pilates as my CDC says doing cardio will stall me :/ not quite sure but she's the expert lol.

high

Hey Shaz, im new to the site, but have been on this site and looked over alot of the posts, just wanted to say i think ur loses are good, and u should be very proud of urself, this eating plan is every hard, and you've lost a good amount.
Just keep going, we can all do this. x

shazzy_shaz said:
Hey zimmum thanks for your lovely words!! At least you're in ketosis now! How have you found your first week on CD? You'll probably have a big loss next WI.. I did although saying that i weighed out 3lbs and was shocked at just how heavy it was as I didn't think it'd weigh do much! I'm gonna try BLT and pilates as my CDC says doing cardio will stall me :/ not quite sure but she's the expert lol.

high

First week has been tough! Apart from the obvious withdrawal symptoms from
Carbs and sugar which lasted 3days, I developed a stinking cold and sore throat and couldn't take much for it apart from paracetamol (apparently you shouldn't have any lemon as it knocks u out of ketosis).. And the lemsip drinks have quite a lot if sugar in them so i didnt take them either...Day 5 i knew I was in ketosis as I wasn't hungry but still felt rubbish becos of my cold... Today I have a lot of gas pains in my tummy and had to force myself to have my 3 SS meals...

On the plus side my hubby says he already notices a difference in me, and I have this site for all the support I need to get me thru the rest of this weight loss journey xx

Thankyou so much for all your help everyone! I had my third WI and managed to lose 6lbs this week! So happy as I'm finally starting to see some losses!! A stone in 3 weeks I can't believe it! Anyone who's had a rubbish weigh in please just stick with it as I now believe that if you wait it will happen!! Yay!!

Last edited:
Wow!! Well done Hun so happy for you! A stone is a massive amount to lose in 3 weeks!! Good on you xx

Thanks zimmum! I think it's definitely helped upping my water... I thought my CDC was having a laugh when she told me to up it to 4 rather than 3! I normally don't have a problem drinking water as I drank loads before CD but I'm forcing myself to drink the last litre!

How are things with you zimmum?

Back