fish and chips advice please

mhairib

Hi all,

I have a nice piece of haddock which i'm going to have after weigh in tonight with some oven chips, what would be the best way for me to batter/breadcrumb it, i have about 10 syns and a hexb at my disposal!

Whizz up your HEB of bread in a blender. Beat an egg. Dip the fish in the egg then roll in the breadcrumbs and repeat until the fish is well covered. Delish!

I think the homemade fish and chips in our house is now preferred over the chip shop version! Great news for me anyway!

this isnt tried and tested but you could make a coating with bread crumbs from bread allowance from your HEXB and an egg white, so coat your fish in egg white and then the crumbs and pop it in the oven!! dont forget to add some seasoning - salt pepper may be italian herbs!!

i'd be interested to see how you get on so let me know! xx :)

that's what i was thinking, although was maybe going to use some flour to make a batter with some of my syns?

I sometimes add fresh herbs to my homemade breadcrumbs - maybe some tarragon / parsley / basil and I also like some finely grated lemon zest.

Back