Dismiss Notice
Welcome to MiniMins! Be sure to check out our complete listing of diets on the front page including Slimming World, Exante, Weight Watchers, Cambridge Weight Plan, Herbalife, and hundreds more.

Fish and chips?

Discussion in 'Slimming World - Eating Out' started by Amazon84, 6 August 2011 Social URL.

1. Amazon84

Amazon84 Full Member

Start Weight:
    15st6lb
    Current Weight:
    13st11lb
    Goal Weight:
    8st11lb
    Lost(%):
    1st9lb(10.65%)
    Diet:
    Slimming World
    I Feel so disappointed with myself, we had fish and chips round our friends last night and I ordered a small cod and mushy peas with the intention of removing the batter from the fish so that it was free, but then when it arrived not only did I eat nearly half if the batter but I had chips too!! The chips I had was no more that a quarter if a portion and u didn't eat them all but still wish I hadn't had them and to make things worse it's my god sons christening tomorrow and there's gonna be a Buffett for lunch and then we're going round theirs in the evening and having Chinese, ( which I think I will just end up having plain noodles and take some plain chicken with me) I really didnt want to go silly on my syns this week as I lost 0.5lb last week and wanted an bit more of a loss this week, gosh ive rambled on!! Sorry, just needed to get it off my chest!! Lol

2. Avatar

MiniMins.com Matched Content

3. Bunnylush

Bunnylush Gold Member

Start Weight:
    1st2.9lb
    Current Weight:
    0st10.9lb
    Goal Weight:
    0st10.9lb
    Lost(%):
    0st6lb(35.5%)
    Diet:
    Slimming world
    Draw a line under the fish chips saga and learn a lesson. I don't have that strength of taking batter off will power so I would not order it.
    We were Godparents last weekend
    I took roast chicken salad and a home made skimming world scotch egg. I resisted all the buffet.
    Except my BIL whose party it was insisted I ate a big piece of carrot cake. I drunk diet coke too Which I decided to do as I had avoided buffet. I cut down my syns from Sun to we'd weigh in and lost 2 LB ;)

So you can do it ;)

4. Ashanti

Ashanti Member

Diet:
    Slimming World
    I know exactly how you feel, but although I shouldn't really say this it DOES do you good to have a treat now and again. I have lost almost 9 stone so far and I feel that this is partly due to the fact that I don't deprive myself of things that I really want. For me, it would be torture to sit watching other people eat my favourite food and not have any of it myself. Allow yourself a flexible weekend now and again if you know you have special occasions coming up, allow yourself a treat and then get straight back on the plan the following day. Granted, you may not lose weight that week but I guarantee you, you will stay in control and feel better by the fact you can still live a normal life and lose weight. In my experience, the slimmers that are too strict on themselves fall off the waggon, feel guilty then give up and think they are a failiure. So long as you don't make a habit of it, there is no reason you can't have the odd 'naughty' thing! Good luck ;)

Popular Forums
  1. MiniMins.com is a weight loss support community helping each other on their weight loss journey. We have a multitude of forums, from Slimming World and Exante, to Success Stories. Click the logo at the top right to return to the forum home page at any time.