Fish daily

Lil_Mrs_Sunshine

Spring Challenge!
I have read that you are only recommended to eat 2 portions of fish per week. I have been eating it almost every other day. Is this going to cause me harm?

It doesn't seem to harm the japanese.

No the only thing that some have found is that too much smoked fish (Mackerel and salmon) can make them stall. I have salmon most days.

- and with diet some things can affect people in different ways - I find I lose better if I don't have too many eggs whereas some other people lose better on eggy weeks. All you can do is try and stick to the rules and record what you eat so you can see if there is a pattern or something you can cut out if you start to stall.

Smoked fish can also be very salty to a bit of caution advised there. Apart from that I have it more than twice a week. I think this is a 'minimum' guidance for healthy eating - they're trying to encourage more Fish Oils into the average diet so you ought to eat at least 2 portions of fish.

Funny that - I've been advised to eat more oily fish (bit of a cholesterol thing going on...)

Back