Fish Oil Capsules

Samprand

WILL do it!
I'm on Exante TS but have arthritis in my knee, and am thinking of taking Tesco "Omega 3 Pure Fish Oil" capsules as they're meant to help keep joints supple etc.

Anyhoooo I just wondered if anyone knew if they were safe to take being on TS?

If it helps, ingredients are:

Fish Oil
Beef Gelatin, Glycerol (for the capsule shell)
Triglycerides
Sunflower Lecithin

Any advice much appreciated :) x

Also interested to hear... anyone have any idea?

I'm also interested in this one, I took fish oils and evening primrose oil before starting Exante but stopped as I was unsure.

I've had a look around on that thar t'internet, and have found out the follwing:

Beef gelatin - From cattle skin, so very little carbs. Although the idea of it containing cattle skin is a bit rank lol

Glycerol - Contains alcohol which is broken down into carbs, but is a very low amount

Triglycerides - Contain more cals than carbs - 9cals per gram, 4.5g carbs. Bearing that in mind, that would mean that each capsule would contain roughly the same (9cals and 4.5g carbs) but just to make things a bit more confusing, the pack says it contains no sugars :confused: Maybe the amount of triglycerides is so low there's maybe 'trace' amount of sugar though? The label doesn't give percentages of ingredients so I'm not sure what the levels of cals/carbs would be, but even if the capsules were 9 cals and 4.5 g carbs each (worst case scenario), I wouldn't worry as 9 cals is basically nothing and we have carbs on Exante anyway so surely wouldn't do any damage. The 9cals/4.5g carbs would only apply to a gram of pure triglyceride, whereas the capsules aren't as they contain other lovely stuff, so the amounts are lower

Lecithin - Fatty substance from plants, so very little cals/carbs. Again no percentages given so can't be 100% sure.

So...I think they're ok to take lol I couldn't work out the exact amount of cals and carbs, but I think they should be fine. The amount of cals and carbs each capsule contains would be so low that I doubt it would have any effect on our diets at all.

Hope all this makes sense! Took me a while to get my head round it lol x

I take well woman capsules, they haven't affected my losses so far. I've taken them for about a year or so now. After reading your breakdown of ingredients, the fish oil caps sound ok to take. Why not try them and see if they make any difference to your losses? :)

Back