Fit and Fab, not Fat and Failure- My diary as I JUDDD my way to Fit and Fab :)

empy22

Helllllllo fellow JUDDDer's :)

So I've finally got around to starting my diary! I have now been JUDDing for 3 days(started on the 18th) My initial intention was to do alternate days, but well life got in the way(DH waved an opportunity of a takeaway in front of me, Tikka Masala, I mean I'd have to be comatose to turn that down:eek:) So I've switched to the theme of weekends = UD, M & W & F DD and T & T as intermediate days.

So far this is working and today has been relatively easy :) I was much helped by a meeting of my DS's GF's parents and him feeling somewhat embarrassed about having fat parents(he has a 28" waist) I too felt absolutely like crap and embarrassed :cry: but the positive side of that experience was that I'm more determined than ever to conquer this weight problem :D

I've got 2 weeks until I start a new job back in the school where I started my career and would really like to have got into some routine with UD's and DD's etc, would also be great to be good few pounds lighter.

I'm really looking forward to sharing this journey with you all and have thoroughly enjoyed reading your diary's and have found them very motivating and inspirational- I do hope my ramblings may help someone too eventually as my story unfolds.

Right well enough rambling from me, I'm off to have my yummy broccoli soup(this is amazingly yummy and so easy to make, will post a recipe in the correct place)

Catch up with y'all later

Emma x

LOL nice work Pauline.
Glad to see you started a diary Em, good luck xx

Thank you ladies :)

Paulinegin- Yummy enjoyed my broccoli soup muchly ;) How do you make yours?

empy22 said:
Thank you ladies :)

Paulinegin- Yummy enjoyed my broccoli soup muchly ;) How do you make yours?

It's a legacy of the WW Zero Point soup (which is different to no point! ;))!

Basically I boil up an onion and some veg (prefer single varieties myself, but you can mix them), just with water and then blend it all. Add seasoning and voila! Chilli and garlic help to ring the changes too.

Cauliflower, broccoli, lettuce and carrot are my favourites - cheap, tasty and good for you! :D

P x

Hi and welcome, just trying to catch up with everyone ! Hope you are enjoying Juddd and wish you much success with it, have a good day x

Good morning losers (said in an encouraging voice)

So here I am day 5 and on my 2nd DD. Yesterday I attempted an ID- I hit about 1500 Cals so not sure if it was truly an ID, was it? I'm absolutely loving JUDDD and plan what I'm going to eat on my UD's but when it actually comes to it I don't- I choose healthier things- what's that all about! I wanted to eat chocolate cake and Indian takeaway......

I had a very sneaky WI this morning and my scales tell me I've lost 4.5lbs so far :D although I will weigh officially Saturday morning, following a DD. I've got more of my yummy Broccoli soup for dinner today, here is the recipe:

Bag of frozen broccoli florets
2 veg stock cubes
can of light evaporated milk
salt & pepper

4 servings = about 160 cals per serving, depends on brand of evap milk!!

So easy to cook- chuck broccoli in a pan and add stock, cook until softened, blitz with a wizzer and add can of evap milk and season to taste :D The portion sizes are huuuuuuuuge, perfect for a DD and it is amazingly yummy- almost like broccoli and Stilton soup ;)

Anyhoo I'm off now to get my breakfast for today- a 2nd mug of coffee.

Have a great day all

Emma

Hi Emma :)

Another new JUDDDer here! Funnily enough I'm on an up day today and not craving the sorts of food I thought I would be, like you say.

You sound like you're really enjoying it which is great and wow to the loss so far, that's amazing. Fingers crossed for Saturday for you! And perhaps I can throw some brocolli your way too?! (I bought far too much and I'm not their biggest fan lol)

Have a lovely day. xx

Good evening to any fellow JUDDDer's out there(or even those who are exploring and considering this amazing diet, welcome :) )

How has your day been today? So today was an UD for me :D, really struggled to get out of the diet zone and accept that I can eat whatever I fancy! Plus I also was not terribly hungry..... But I forced myself out for lunch with my sisters and checked out the Wetherspoons nutrition sheet, despite being given free reign I just wanted to choose healthier options:angel09: so I had an amazing roast pork with all the trimmings, OMG it was delish:drool: (sorry about the smileys- I love them :D ) and only 825 cals!

I've had 1883 cals for today- Do you have to have 2000 and over? What does everyone else do? I just realised it's a BH and Monday I'm due to go the seaside on a DD :eek: not quite sure what to do there? How are you all dealing with the BH?

Sending :vibes:

Emma x

P.s Sorry for all the smileys, I do really love them- they make me smile :)

Morning Emma, fellow smiley-a-holic! ;)

Your UP day sounds great. We love Wetherspoons - low cost, good quality food! Oh, and beer :D

A lot of the JUDDD ladies aim for 2000 on an UP day but my problem is stopping at 2000 but I'm working on it, honest Guv'nor! ;)

Enjoy your magic Down Day! :D

P x

Heeellllllllllllllllo

Wow, the sun is shining on a BH weekend, amazing :) So today is my weigh day:scale: < - this is what I looked like this morning, lol. But I'm really excited to say that I've lost 7lbs this week.:happy036:

I'm on an UD today and started my day with coffee and a frozen milkyway , bit addicted to them at the moment.... not sure what to do for the rest of the day- might have an Indian take away for dinner- mmmmm tikka masala, pilau rice and naan :drool: anyone have a vague idea of the calorie content of this, although have to say I only eat about a 1/4 of the rice and a couple of pieces of the chicken and most of the yummmmmmy sauce!

What are you all planning to eat today? do you strictly follow the 2000cal rule? this week I have but I can see myself going over it sometimes- does exercise negate any over consumption of cals?

Anyhoo I'm going to go and raid the fridge for some ahem healthy foodstuffs.

Have a wonderful Saturday and enjoy your UD or DD.

Emma x

Well done on the loss! That is really good for a first weeks loss :) I've sometimes stuck to 2000, mainly less but one time I went over by 200 and I still lost weight so I wouldn't worry too much if its a one off, its the down days that hold the magic ;) I know if you do exercise then the calculator gives you more calories to eat but soon I'm going to be walking 4 miles a day & either go to the gym or do the shred and I'm not going to "eat back" the exercise unless my weight stalls. xxx

Thank you P :)

What are your plans for this BH weekend?

Whatever they are have a great one with lots (hopefully) sunshine :)

Emma x

empy22 said:
Thank you P :)

What are your plans for this BH weekend?

Whatever they are have a great one with lots (hopefully) sunshine :)

Emma x

Just chilling and UP eating, I think Emma! ;)

Have a great weekend too

P x

Hi :)

Just a quickie from me today, doing DIY and I've got sooooo much to do while I've got the hubster off work ;) So I've had my two UD's in a row and I thought I was gonna go mad, however strangely I did not(my choice of foods as changed so much) On Saturday I enjoyed an Indian takeaway from my favourite restaurant but was soooooo disappointed with it so I shall not be wasting my UD calories on that again :(

Yesterday my DH and DS's and my eldest's GF took a trip to the beach(Great Yarmouth) was a different place to where we normally go with lot's more tempting snack bars and hundreds of places selling hot donuts :( although I was on an UD I really didn't want to start on them, I could eat several in one go........ On the plus side we walked miles and I made okish food choices and as such the scales only showed a 1/2 gain this morning but thankfully my fat % stayed the same so it was not a real gain :D

Does anyone reading this use the funkydunky fat measuring scales? I bought some on Saturday(from Argos, WW's ones in the sale for £19.99 in case you're interested ;) ) I think they are going to be a God send when I do gain a large amount following a binge as hopefully they'll show that it's not fat gain IFYSWIM.

Anyhoo I better go and get another coffee(DD today :)) and get on with the DIY!

Have a fantastic BH

Emma x

Well done Emma for resisting the donuts here's hoping for a good result. xx

Back