Fitbit help ladies

Lexie2005

5:2 lover
It's payday tomorrow & I want a fitbit!!! Currys still have the zip on offer but what I want to know is will it just count my steps like a pedometer or will it know when I've done a different activity like gym or Zumba?

Hmmm just been googling & looks like it will only count steps, doesn't seem worth £40...

Last edited:
It's payday tomorrow & I want a fitbit!!! Currys still have the zip on offer but what I want to know is will it just count my steps like a pedometer or will it know when I've done a different activity like gym or Zumba?

Hmmm just been googling & looks like it will only count steps, doesn't seem worth £40...

I think it depends if you add your exercise into myfitnesspal and your fitbit is linked to myfitnesspal then it will take your exercise and add it to the total cals burnt etc

I wear my HRM and my fitbit during kettlercise class and my fitbit only counts the steps - which is not a lot - maybe 1000 ish which doesn't really add up to many kcals - my HRM comes out with a different total (I have a Bluetooth one) which is linked with digifit app - which is in turn linked to fitbit website .. And then fitbit works out your kcals and adds them to myfitnesspal - and they are normally less than what my HRM said etc as fitbit I think figures out that perhaps you were wearing your fitbit and takes that into account etc ?? I have a fitbit one

following primal blueprint and experimenting with the 5:2 fasting diet

I like mine, it is accurate at counting steps - you can tell when you've been lazy and I think it does get you up off your bum!!

I also use mine to track my sleep - helps me understand why I feel so "blah" and I am getting to bed a bit earlier etc

Tara just how many bits of technology do you have strapped to your body? I have visions of you looking like a suicide bomber :) ;)

Sent from my iPhone using MiniMins

Tara just how many bits of technology do you have strapped to your body? I have visions of you looking like a suicide bomber :) ;)

Oh that has me giggling lol

Fitbit on my bra
Bluetooth HRM strapped on only when at an exercise class under my clothes - iPhone tucked in side of my sports bra

No visible signs of technology evident lol

In wouldn't be without my fitbit, I have pretty much the same get up except I haven't got the blue tooth set up for my HRM yet, :)

Lex it is a glorified pedometer really.

It counts your steps gives you cal goals counts cals adjusts your cal goals according to movement. Tracks water etc

And ofc produces a step competition between you and fitbit friends!

I love mine! And it's very accurate to what I can tell - plus I like the fact it does the maths to mfp also.

It also works with exercise like you put in time exercise duration etc and again alters your goals etc accordingly.

It also has software for what I can only presume is the same as mfp.

Xx

Ps as Lisa says I wouldn't be without mine either. It gets me off my arse lol! And I like the cal counter too! Xx

Back