Fitness trainer piles on seven stone to understand fat clients

but will it spur his clients on knowing that he can do it so so can they? not that i think what he's doing is sensible... or that it will even work. but if your personal trainer is there losing weight wouldn't that be an incentive to do it too?

abz xx

Nah....I'd leave the gym and take up flower arranging :D

It seems totally idiotic to me. However maybe I can use it as an excuse. ''Yeah I know I'm 7 stone over weight I'm doing it to relate to other fat people!'' I could add it to the entire book of excuses I have now!

Bit silly If you ask me going up to 20st so fast has to be a massive strain on the body It's massivly unhealthy because if it was that good for us we wouldn't all be working our bums off to lose weight. he is really putting his health at risk and not just that he is drinking beer every evening evening!!! That sends out completly the wrong message and will also wreak havoc on his body and imo is not needed to gain weight I have never been a big drinker and actual only drank once in a blue moon when I went to a club with friends and even then I drink so slow I'd have maby 4 drinks all night so I didn't need drink to make me obease it was overeating that did it. He could have just worn a body suit for a week to feel what it would be like to have to live with that kind of weight without damaging his health I think he's an idiot xxx

That really would be funny, but like others have said, I don't think he will learn anything from this, sounds more like a gimmick to get media attention to me, not that that's a bad thing I guess :)

I guess he will learn what it is like to be overweight but he will not learn what it is like to have an issue with food/overeating.

Ah, but then you'd have the stress and pain of having to lose it again. :(

The Diet Doctors Health Series on television demonstrated week in, week out with professional trainers and athletes how easy it was to not only gain weight. but endanger your health with bad diet practices. The show demonstrated not exercising properly and eating specific unhealthy food and beverages results in elevated cholesterol levels, heightened blood pressure, poor kidney function and the threat of type II diabetes.
I am sure this trainer has a plan of action on how to lose the weight once he reaches his 'Target' and good luck to him....but nobody I know Planned on their weight gain. Emotional circumstances can trigger many eating disorders and bad eating practices.
This trainers endeavour only highlights how easy it is to gain weight and endanger your health, but he won't even scratch the surface of the why. If I was one of his clients I would feel insulted.

The Diet Doctors Health Series on television demonstrated week in, week out with professional trainers and athletes how easy it was to not only gain weight. but endanger your health with bad diet practices. The show demonstrated not exercising properly and eating specific unhealthy food and beverages results in elevated cholesterol levels, heightened blood pressure, poor kidney function and the threat of type II diabetes.
I am sure this trainer has a plan of action on how to lose the weight once he reaches his 'Target' and good luck to him....but nobody I know Planned on their weight gain. Emotional circumstances can trigger many eating disorders and bad eating practices.
This trainers endeavour only highlights how easy it is to gain weight and endanger your health, but he won't even scratch the surface of the why. If I was one of his clients I would feel insulted.

It's a great article, Jim. Thanks for highlighting it:).

This chap has not really understood the nature of why people become overweight, and struggle to lose and keep off the excess weight. It is too simplistic to suggest that it is because they eat too much, because that is obvious. The problems start when people start to use certain foods to make themselves feel better, to numb feelings etc.

These habits will develop over time, and will refine and establish themselves as we continue to diet, overeat, diet, overeat over the over again. Each failure making way for the next attempt.

If this chap approaches this 'weight-gain weight-loss' challenge in a professional capacity rather than drifting into it like most people and getting hooked, he is unlikely to learn a lot. I hope he has a real struggle to lose the weight though, because he will hopefully get some insight into the struggles of his clients.

On the other hand, I would not wish that struggle on anyone.

AJ

.but nobody I know Planned on their weight gain
Spot on there SkinnyMiss, none of us wanted to be fat did we?

Agreed AJ.

Back