Fizzy drinks

xxtashaxx

Losing the mummy fat
Does anyone still have the occasional fizzy drink?
Im addicted to diet coke & would drink 2 500ml bottles a day but since starting the diet I haven't had one.
Today though I really fancy one, do you think having just the one wil do any damage?

Cheers

Well as long as it's diet coke really I don't see the problem, it's hardly any calories!

I say go for it.

Ive probably had half a pint of pepsi max. I was suprised at how little calories it had in it, and no sugar, doesnt taste nice tho, so i will stick to my juice and water. :)

well have gone for it but got the cherry coke - only 2.5 cals, I think I burned more that that this morning walking to work!

I still drink fizzy drinks, but go through phases of liking different ones. At the moment I've totally gone off diet cola and we have a couple of bottles coca cola in (left over from christmas). I still drink it if i fancy a glass, but in small amounts (like one glass rather than several in the day), once it runs out i'll be switching to the diet versions and I don't see anything wrong with having them (well other than on your teeth but fruit juice is just as bad so you can't win really if you don't want water).

I try to only have fizzy drinks if im out somewhere like a pub, or im at the cinema.

I always forget how many calories are actually in diet coke and such, its handy when its on the bottle, but in places like the cinema it's not. I had some last night as my boyfriend wanted juice and we usually share. He had a good moan about having to drink diet as he hates it, but he gave in eventually!

I had a wee google about it and answers range from no calories at all (but loads of artificial sweeteners) to 15 calories. I think i'll go with the 15 just to be on the safe side.

Rachael x

i drink a lot of diet fizzy juice as i have a very sweet tooth and it really helps me to deal with that. i know a lot of people on here have given it up as part of their diet but in all honesty i think i would fail without it!

I always have diet fizzy drinks, and it never stopped me losing weight..... i get fed up drinking water or flavoured water... can only drink so much of it and the fizzy drinks are nice for a change if you want something sweet without many calories

I love fizzy drinks and can't get by without them, I always drink the diet ones though.

I was a bit put out watching the 'big fat diet show' on channel 4 this week when they said that the sweetness in a fizzy drink makes your body expect calories. I've been a bit wary since then everytime I have one but if I didn't have them I eat something else sweet and that would have a lot of calories in it so I'll continue with my fizzy drinks.

Tracey

I saw that too, and I'd never really thought about it before, but I had noticed after drinking normal cola I would crave sweets (sugar rush I think) so thought diet would be better - clearly not! Or would it work if you ate say fruit or yogurt or something after having the diet drink to give your body what it's expecting?

I saw that too, and I'd never really thought about it before, but I had noticed after drinking normal cola I would crave sweets (sugar rush I think) so thought diet would be better - clearly not! Or would it work if you ate say fruit or yogurt or something after having the diet drink to give your body what it's expecting?

That sounds a good idea about eating the fruit after

just started my diet but i am not a big fizzy lover. however i will have the odd bottle of sparkling water but thats not bad is it?

I'm not sure about the eating fruit, we'll all have to try it and see what we think. Trouble with programmes like that is they give you a bit of info but not the whole facts. If we were doing what they're doing ie. the 2 week thing, I could do without fizzy drinks. Trouble is I want to get to target weight and stay there, not drop a dress-size in 2 weeks.

Sam1309, I have fizzy water too but if that's bad for you then I don't care. You are supposed to drink lots of water but I can't possibly drink litres of plain water everyday - it's boring.

Tracey

i put squash in it, have done since i moved from ireland. as dorsets water is very hard and i hate the taste of it. i normally make weak squash, down half a glass then top it up. i find it helps to have a lass sitting beside you to remind you to drink

I do that too, I have fizzy water, water with squash in it, diet drinks and plain water.

We can't drink the water from the tap here so we have a purifier and the water from that is very pure and very nice, it's just that it gets boring so you have to something to jazz it up sometimes. I reckon drinking it like that is better than not drinking enough.

I drink far too much coffee too but that's another story.

Tracey

ohhhh coffee, my downfall but i am on decaff

Back