Flab to Fab : Diary of a Serial Dieter

bugsbunny2000

Proud to be a LOSER :)
Hey!

I am back. Making a habit of this. I will tell you a bit about me.
I'm 23... A primary teacher... And a serial dieter. I've tried most things (Atkins, SW and WW).
I successfully lost nearly 2 stone with the latter last year (Jan-July). It was difficult but a great feeling. Then in the past year I've gained up to stone!

Last month I did Forever Living's 9 Day Detox before my holiday to Miami and managed to drop from 10.6 to 9.12 but have managed to put most of it back on since returning a week ago.

I know WW worked for me. I was just ill-equipped with knowing how to maintain.

I have 4 more weeks of summer holiday so hoping it will actually be easier to diet as i have more time to cook proper meals and less stress!!

Going to post weigh-ins; food diaries; general thoughts and questions here over the next few weeks/months!

Speak soon!!
Xx

Hi bugs :) my story sounds very similar to u and I'm about the same weight. Wud love to c how u get on n share ideas. I'm only jus getting back into weight watchers now. I'm supposed to b on 26pp and my 49 weeklies but I'm gonna try do 29 pp..using the extra three per day from my weeklies.... I hav a very busy weekend and still managed to lose a pound in my first week. I no it's a slow start but il get there. I was 9stone 12 pounds starting and would love to reach nine stone for my wedding in four months. Here's hoping... Best of luck to u x

Hi bugsbunny2000, good luck with your journey, hopefully you will fine it much easier this time to maintain the weight your loose. Its so hard most of the time i definately find ww the best diet for me

Me too sweet as pie... Don't get me wrong I hate counting points but it limits me and I need limits!!!!

Hey I definitely forgot to follow a plan yet again... It's like I wake up Thursday morning, weigh myself, take my measurements etc..... do well for a few hours, maybe even the day... and then it's down hill. I have to say yes I'M the one putting the food in my mouth or not exercising enough but my fiance really doesnt help! He doesn't really eat fruit and veg and it feels like an effort after a busy day to cook a meal from scratch ensuring it has lots of veg in it just for me! Excuses, I know. And as i looked in the mirror this afternoon (in a stripey top, not helpful!) i looked a few months pregnant!!!! Definitely need to do this for real! I start back at work again in 2 weeks and I don't want to have to squeeze into my clothes or worse - buy new bigger sizes!! Even if I can just lose a few pounds by then I know it'll make a difference!

Are you going back to a group or going solo?? I'm in two minds about a group this time. Did it before to get back from 10st 6lbs to 10st 2lbs (the highest weight i can be within my goal weight....) and then stopped again as I went on holiday when I should've kept going!! I just hate paying (money isn't great at the moment!) but maybe i do need to do it so I have an extra oomf to make me want to stick to my points and exercise! Plus I want to do a 14 mile walk in March!!
Ah what to do... xx

Maybe try and plan your meals for the week and when you get a chance you can make a couple of big batches of different meals like curry or bologese etc and freeze them with the pp written on them so in an evening when you cant face cooking you can just take one of those out and heat it. I have a feezer full of different foods for me as my hubby doesnt like a lot of foods likes to stick to meat potato and veg.

i know it doesnt really help for now but i found it much easier to do when i was back at work after maternity leave as i wasnt around the house picking all day.

I go to a meeting each week, i was doing it myself at home the last couple of years saying i couldnt justify the money but in truth i wasnt putting any pressure on myself and didnt loose anything over the last few years even putting it on. Since i joined the meetings at the end of june i have lost weight every week except once. I dont want to have to pay them for them to tell me i put on weight so that is another incentive for me.

Gonna definitely make some batches of things just for ease!

Feeling motivated at the moment!

Here's some pics of my recent meals: scrambled eggs on toast (5pp) and sausage casserole with butternut squash fries (6pp)

Yum!!

Sent from my iPhone using MiniMins

Attachments

• image-2943533174.jpg
    image-2943533174.jpg
    407 KB · Views: 93
  • image-1901759400.jpg
    image-1901759400.jpg
    515.1 KB · Views: 93
food looks yum.
Maybe have a chat with your other half and tell him how you feel. He will totally understand and hopefully be a better support.
I go to the meetings aswell and find it great as you get loads of tips and great support system. Also you will build a relationship with your leader and he/she will help you every step of the way

Tried that one... had a huge row! I lack...tact haha! Tbh I think I'm right as I do struggle to be motivated to cook certain meals when I know OH won't eat them or I have to add veg to it after meaning I eat after (not together) or he eats like a king when out and I'm stuck eating rabbit food.... BUT it's ME who needs to lose the weight and I need to not push my views and my problems onto him. Well that and I'm just gonna add veg ''accidentally'' every so often when I can disguise it mwahaha!!

Part of me wishes I'd stayed with my original WW leader who I lost the majority of my weight with as I attended every meeting... but moved groups to one closer and reach my goal weight with her so. I refuse to pay again, and I'm using THAT as my motivation at the moment lol I'm hoping if i continue then I'll be below 10st albs by next Thurs and so will go back to meetings on a weekly basis in order to lose my final 7lbs-14lbs that I want to lose in total and hope that she can help me more with maintaining as I didn't go back at ALL during that time which is why I gained a lot of the weight back! :) xx

Argh Bank Holiday hell!! Went to mums for a family curry yday and I tried, I mean I really tried, to point everything... but it was just impossible. So estimated the pp for everything i ate and didn't take the mick, had a low pp dessert and just a few low pp nibbles when I got home! One day isn't going to kill me and today is a new day :) going to try and make a big batch of BNS 0PP soup today for dinner so that I can make up for it! Definitely feeling better already in myself, my jeans are fitting a bit better and with a week until I go back to school, I'm sure I will feel even better by then!! Just need to take it one day at a time.

This is not a race after all. I'm forever dieting to an end point (birthday, xmas, holidays, graduation...) and then once I've reached the date (whether I've lost the weight or not) I give up. Whereas when I lost the 24lbs before, I was going until GOAL. So.. I have a goal of 5lbs to lose in order to get down to my GOAL weight and then a further 9lbs to lose as I want to lose a stone altogether. Tbh, breaking it up like that really helps!! And, even if i do just lose 1lb a week... then I would have lost a stone a month before xmas :) keep aiming for the end result!!

Mmm mm mmmmm made my own Spicy Butternut Squash and Red Pepper soup! (Thanks to my mama who brought over her new liquidiser when my blender conked out!) Zero propoints of heaven!! And 2 WW mini naans on the side (6pp)!

Then for dessert 90ml of ambrosia devon dream (2pp) and a mini WW sponge cake (3pp).

Bliss!! And even enough soup for lunch tomorrow!!

Happy dieter here!! Xx

Attachments

• image-3546514984.jpg
    image-3546514984.jpg
    475 KB · Views: 97
Hmm what to make today? Gonna have BNS for lunch I think and cereal for breakfast. Now, do I make my vegetable lasagne for dinner tonight...? Or something else?

mmmmm soup looks fab I make my own soup aswell and I have it everyday for my lunch its a likesaver

Yeah it's so filling and I'm sure knowing its 0pp makes it even sweeter!!

Made Pepsi Max Chicken Stir Fry tonight! The chicken was delicious!! The whole meal 8pp! Amazing and soooo filling!!

and reasonably quick to make too -would've been a bit better if I had remembered to add less liquid as I only had about 100g of chicken! Yum!

Attachments

• image-2220642991.jpg
    image-2220642991.jpg
    438.3 KB · Views: 92
  • image-1600923989.jpg
    image-1600923989.jpg
    493 KB · Views: 82
Mmmm made pepsi max chicken again tonight, had it with BNS fries! nom! Had a cheeky look on the scales this morning... 10st 2lbs. 0.5lb loss which tbh I'm not surprised with. Don't get me wrong, i've tracked really well this week but I came on today.... cue the cramps, nausea, aches and bloating! yay :-/ but definitely explains the lack of weight loss. But, as I told my fiance, this is a marathon NOT a sprint. If I don't lose this week, then I lose next week... and the week after... and the week after that :) just need to stick to plan! :)

Back into school tomorrow for a last attempt at finishing my classroom before next week. Feels so weird to be going back to school.... 7 weeks until half term haha lol xx

Went out last night! I drank but didn't blow my points too much:

Brothers cider 8pp (mixed with lemonade 1pp)
Bulmers 8pp
Vodka & diet coke x2 (4pp)

So a total of 21pp for drinks!

Spent 11pp on food today so a total of 32pp for the day! With a night out, I thought that was pretty good going!!

Still enduring my monthly bloat - joy! Just hoping the hard work will catch up with me by next week :) xx

Oh dear oh dear... Costco you ***** lol why must your pizza slices be soooo delicious! 19pp of deliciousness so will be on the 0pp BNS soup tonight and fruit for dessert! Thankfully I did think ahead and only had a banana/rice krispies cereal bar for breakfast so currently not even in my weeklies yet today. Still waiting for my weight loss.... I've STS since last Thursday xx

Resisted the huge buffet at work today - cakes, Bread, pasta, pizza, crisps, sausage rolls, quiche - you name it, it was there!! Instead had 2 mini sausage rolls (3pp max!) a mini falafel (1pp) and a choc from a Milk Tray (1pp). Couldve been worse! And to avoid the temptation of all the left over food for the week, I'm making a batch of 0pp BNS soup to take! Ha, screw you staff room and your teacher-fattening treats!! :)

Weighed in at home this afternoon at 10st 1.5lbs so a loss of 1lb this week :D

Found out my group will be moving from 17th Sept to the local Virgin Active (which is much closer to my house!!) AND its any time 8am-8pm tues, weds, thurs. however there's also meeting times 4-5 times a day which means if I'm early home from school I can go any of those days or if I'm late then I can too! Woo! Fab news all round I think xx

Grrrrr had been doing fab - even got myself below 10st!! But the last few days I've feel off the wagon!! Well, back on it tomorrow! I blame school - have such a difficult class this year that by the time I get home I'm exhausted! Need to make some better food that I can cook that's pre-cooked and pre-pointed!! Only myself to blame!! Xx

Back