Flabby Arms!

slinkybride2be

Silver Member
So I'm losing inches very nicely everywhere- apart from my bloody arms! Iv lost literally 2cms off them since being 14stone! Yet iv lost 8+cm's everywhere else! Soooo what can I do to get rid of these bingo wings?!! Is that what they are called?!?! Why are they called that?!?! Lol! I don't do the gym or exercising in public for that matter so any ideas would be gratefully received! :D

I hate my fat arms! I think lipo is the only way to see them go! Have the fat sucked out!
If you find a way let me know!!

I'm the same my arms are always the first to gain weight and the last to lose. I hate them so i'm the same as Becksie if you find a way let me know!!!

Im also another one that would like any tips on this, I did know someone once that used to exercise with tins of beans in each hand and do alot of reps, she ended up with nice arms, but then Im not sure if it depends on how big they are

hi all i suffer from the dreaded bingo wings as well and being in my 50's am going to find it hard to tone them up i have been using some light weights and doing loads of reps with them, push ups against a wall (standing about a foot away from wall) and i bought some pilate rings (like a small hoola hoop) u put them on each arm and try and swing them round but they end up flying off lol if i tone them up i will let u know x:character00116:

I'm 27 and never have my bare arms out in public, which is pretty hard when it's soooo hot out! I tend to look for tops that have nice flattering sleeves or wear a little cardigan, as I just can't bear to look at my bingo wings! I'm goin the gym now, which I must admit I have to bear my arms but at least I'm on machines trying to get rid of them but I always wonder when the fat has gone, am I just going to be left with horrible saggy skin then??? Don't think I'm ever going to win :S

I have big arms - and whilst they are going down, it's nowhere near as much as my legs in comparison. I never used to have big arms as a teenager but when I first put on a large amount of weight they got bigger and have never really recovered. I'm sort of trying to embrace them...

my biggest worry is that i don't lose the flabby arms. i'm 23 so i guess my age is an advantage- skin has more elasticity. but im worried that i'll have flabby arms forever :(

i don't want to go the surgery route, i dont want the pain, and i cant afford it. so imma follow this thread :)

atm im starting doing just dance 2, thats a good work out for my arms, and i might get some dumbells or something

Yep you can tone up your arms quite easily using household objects. You can start with tins which are about 300g each and work your way up...if you do lunges and squats (Six Week Workout | Health | Mail Online), then you can use the weights with them and work your legs, bum and arms at the same time. You can then go onto 500ml bottles of water, then two 750ml water bottles, then two water 1litre bottles. You can of course buy women's weights but I'd recommend just using the tins of beans first so you get used to it.

Do the bicep curls pictured here Six Week Workout | Health | Mail Online

tumblr_llvs6eSyu11qkdv8yo1_500.jpg

This above was on my tumblr a/c so thought I'd just copy and paste it here for you.. The Davina McCall dvds do great toning sections in them too!

I usually do 20 standing diamonds, 20 bicep curls, 20 weighted lunges (lunges using the weights), 20 weighted squats each day and it does work! I just posted the diagrams because it's so much easier seeing the diagrams than trying to explain verbally! x

Last edited:
dietgirl24 said:
Yep you can tone up your arms quite easily using household objects. You can start with tins which are about 300g each and work your way up...if you do lunges and squats (Six Week Workout | Health | Mail Online), then you can use the weights with them and work your legs, bum and arms at the same time. You can then go onto 500ml bottles of water, then two 750ml water bottles, then two water 1litre bottles. You can of course buy women's weights but I'd recommend just using the tins of beans first so you get used to it.

Do the bicep curls pictured here Six Week Workout | Health | Mail Online

This above was on my tumblr a/c so thought I'd just copy and paste it here for you.. The Davina McCall dvds do great toning sections in them too!

I usually do 20 standing diamonds, 20 bicep curls, 20 weighted lunges (lunges using the weights), 20 weighted squats each day and it does work! I just posted the diagrams because it's so much easier seeing the diagrams than trying to explain verbally! x

Wow thankyou so much- Going to start with the tins this afternoon! :D

The gym instructor that gave me my gym regime has included a few arm toning things, a pully wieght thingy machine and I have to do bicep curls with some weights too! Hopefully it works! I want to be able to bear my arms in the summer one year! lol

I'm the same I'm not losing on my arms at all, but I'm starting an aqua aerobics class next week and hoping that will help :)

You're welcome!:)

Oh forgot to add that push ups are good too for your arms, also good for tummy too. You can start by doing a "girl push-up" (it's like a half push-up but you'll still feel it in your arms Chest Strength Training Exercises) and then work up to a full push up.

Oh I meant to say there's another exercise where you have the tins/bottles at shoulder width and then push up and then back down-I've no idea of the name of this exercise lol but you could do 3 sets of 10-15 reps of that.

Yep Amethyst Witch the pully weighty thing sounds like a rowing machine-I used to use it in the gym pre weight gain lol! It will work on your arms! I don't really have a problem with my arms though tbh, they tone up pretty quick..it's more my tummy that's my problem area!

Oh to get your skin's elasticity back, use vitamin E cream on your arms. You can eat nuts and seeds to get vitamin E in your diet. Vitamin C and A help the appearance of skin too-vitamin c is in citrus fruits and vegetables, vitamin A is in dairy and carrots. Also water will help hydrate your skin too.

Last edited:
Thank you so much dietgirl24.I'm am going to start with the arm exercises tonight.

I think the thing with arms, like tummies, is that (a) some people do hold weight there, and it goes from there last *sigh* and (b) all the exercises with tins of beans/bottles of water/weights won't help get rid of the squidge on top of the muscle (like doing lots of sit ups won't give you a flat tummy if there is some squidgey fat still on top of the muscles). That's not to say that having some nice muscles in your arms won't look great once the fat has gone!

I did read ages ago that eating a lot of sugary food makes you gain fat in your arms, but I kind of think that's ridiculous. I know I will have to lose a lot of weight for my arms to be skinny again, yet it drops off my waist/tummy *big sigh*.

Back