Flabby to Fitty

CherryCola

Twas day before weigh in when all through the house my stomach was stirring
and stress was definaltly about!

All right, it doesnt exactly rhyme :D

I'm am however still quite stressed out. Not by the prospect of starting the diet (I can't actually wait to start on Friday), but by having to weigh myself and messure the fat.
I'm starting this diet in order to loose the weight gained in response to a bad period in my life. I'm a classic comfort eater and boy, do i LOVE my food! Before piling on the pounds i'd always managed to controll my size with regular exercise and sensible portions but that all flew out of the window and now i wear the consequences of my indulgence.
I've gone up about 3/4 dress sizes in about two years and im dreading finding out how much i currently weigh. But, I'm also determined to stick to this diet and reap the rewards ive been reading on you lovely peoples blogs. It's so inspiring reading how well your all doing and the drive which you all seem to have.
I'm starting this thread as i know i'm going to need support, even though im totally committed (or should be lol), i havent got a great deal of support from my friends and family, they all think its a fad and ill just make myself sick. Even if no one reads this i think it'll be what i need to clear my head off all my rubbish.

So, this is the begining and i'll update all my 'stats' after i see my CDC

Hi cherrycola, love the name...cherry coke is one of my biggest downfalls!

I am on day 15 and have lost 1st 0.5lb so far! I still have a very long way to go as i want to lose another 6st but for the 1st time in my life I feel like I can do it!

Good luck with starting your weight loss journey! The first week is the hardest but it does get easier! :D x

Good luck, hon :) Your story sounds very similar to mine....Im on week 2 now and its just started to get easier!

Thank doll, I know the first week will be hell but like you said, it'll just get easier!!

Hi cherrycola, love the name...cherry coke is one of my biggest downfalls!

I am on day 15 and have lost 1st 0.5lb so far! I still have a very long way to go as i want to lose another 6st but for the 1st time in my life I feel like I can do it!

Good luck with starting your weight loss journey! The first week is the hardest but it does get easier! :D x

Wow! thats amazing! Over a stone in 15 days! Well done you!!!
Yeah, i love cherry coke too. Sigh, guess not anymore lol. Thank you for the support it's really lovely of you both

So, today is the day! And i feel sick to my bones. I didnt sleep a wink last night stressing over todays weigh in. I think finding out my 'stats' is going to be the hardest thing in the comming week. Boo! :(

I'll definitely be keeping an eye on your story! i'm starting on monday, i'm terrified of failing, but i'm so determined not to!xx

I'll definitely be keeping an eye on your story! i'm starting on monday, i'm terrified of failing, but i'm so determined not to!xx

Me too!! But im so determined to loose this weight and get through the grueling first week. Keep in touch and let me know how your doing xxx

Day 1
So had my weigh in on Thursday and its fair to say im very disappointed with myself. I cant belive ive balloned up so quickly. Guess that old saying 'a moment on the lips is a life time on the hips' realy does have some credence.
My first day wasnt as brutal as expected. Yes, i did have some serious hunger pains, especially on my walk home through the city from a friends with all the fast food aromas wafting past me.
The hardest part of the day was about mid afternoon at work when my manager decided to go buy us all several massive bags of sweets and chocolates, this wouldn't be so bad but he'd also brought a huge box of continental thorntons chocies, which just so happens to be my favorites. The will power i displayed not only made me sweat but surprised me too.
Apple and cinammon for breakfast was really nice and makes me look forward to tomorrow when i get to have it again. Although it didn't really fill me up and by lunch time it was hard to pay attention to my work as all i was thinking about was tucking into some summer delicacie.
Vanilla milkshake for luch which was a bit too sweet but i'm gonna dilute it some more to see if that helps tomorrow.
Oriental Chill soup was delicious, definatly be picking that up again!
Even though day one was hard, i've a nasty feeling its only get worse before it gets better :(

Last edited:
What you did is amazing! clearly you have the will power to do this! they say you only feel like this for 3-5 days, and you got past day 1 with huge temptation! dont beat yourself up about how much you've put on, just remember that its the last time you have to see that number on the scales! I start day 1 tomorrow, will be keeping a diary too xxx

Well done for starting and being determined as d:ream says things will only get better xxx I have been doing this 81 days now without cheating once has been hard and I sniff my kids and partners food a lot but I need to do this for me and them.
Good luck and I will keep on checking in on u once u had that first WI u then kno it is all worth it xxx

What you did is amazing! clearly you have the will power to do this! they say you only feel like this for 3-5 days, and you got past day 1 with huge temptation! dont beat yourself up about how much you've put on, just remember that its the last time you have to see that number on the scales! I start day 1 tomorrow, will be keeping a diary too xxx

Thank you Chrissy x It sure was difficult this weekend, but as you say it's slowly starting to get a bit better. I'm wishing you soo much good luck for today sweets. let me know how you get on and when you start your diray xxx

Thank you so much for your support x I feel much better on day 4. Im happy to sit in a room with everyone eating already. It's not hunger i feel now, just a longing for some things, especially salads and antipasti! Well done you for day 81!! must be hard having to cook for your family as well, that would probably break me!! Your doing so well, its ladies like you who gave me the courage to take this step xxx

CherryCola said:
Thank you so much for your support x I feel much better on day 4. Im happy to sit in a room with everyone eating already. It's not hunger i feel now, just a longing for some things, especially salads and antipasti! Well done you for day 81!! must be hard having to cook for your family as well, that would probably break me!! Your doing so well, its ladies like you who gave me the courage to take this step xxx

Your doing fab and once you see the drop on the scales each week it is more than enough to keep you on track x x x

Day 2
Day two was haaaaard! Not only did i have to give up my precious weekend to do overtime, i also wanted to stuff my face with everything i saw. It certainly didnt help having to eyeball those chocolates sitting near my desk (i had to lock them away in a cupboard in the end). But i powered though, was grumpy and sullen towards my boyfriend and then totally ignored him as i shoved my earphones in and either read or played on the computer. I found keeping my mind occupied was the best course of action.
I eventually gave up and went to bed early as i wasn't heping anyone. But its another day under my belt!!

Day 3
I felt a little better, was much more chirpy with my fella, which i think he really appreciated. lol. I didnt do much Sunday, spent the most of it either in bed or doing house work. However, i did do something silly. Because i'd slept in late, i didn't bother having my morning shake and only had two 'meals'. Well suffice to say i feel very weak and light headed today. The walk to work was horiffic but i made it and am now drinking as much water as humanly possible (i'd also neglected to drink enough water). I shant be doing that again to myself!!.

Your doing fab and once you see the drop on the scales each week it is more than enough to keep you on track x x x

Thank you for your support Angel, I'm realy looking forward to my weigh in on Friday! xx Your doing AMAZINGLY well too. So many brave women on here <3

your doing sooo well hun!! were all in this together :eek:) chrissy il have a nose know hope you dontmind lol.

Day 4
Still feel really hungry, was hoping today would be my day but obviously not :(
Work was a chore, watching everyone tuck into those chocolates is a bit tortuous, but what doesnt kill you, yadda, yadda, yadda. Im just really pleased with myself for emptying out my food cupboards before this diet so no way for me to cheat.
On a positive note, i've started to notice some changes in my size. I can tell i've lost some from my face and wrists and ankles too. This was definitely more of a boost to my determination and willpower than anything else. I've also taken to sitting infront of the mirror looking at my body to remind myself why im doing this.
Had the mushroom soup last night and it was totally rank. Taking my other two packets back for a swap, Yuck!

Day 5
Woke up feeling really happy today. I was up and out of bed so early that i managed to get my hair and makeup done before leaving the house (i usually have to do this in the toilets at work or just pin my wet hair back, slack i know!) And the porridge really filled me up, had to force the last bit down! I cant however say im not hungry but its knowhere near the clawing cramping emptyness from the previous days. Im now starting to think i can actually do this.
For The Win!

Last edited:
YAY! Was starting to get worried for you, temptation of chocolate must've been tough!
Be very proud of yourself for managing to forego temptation! :) xx

Back