flapjacks

well i tried a flapjack and only managed one bite i will defineately not be having that again it was like cardboard and sooooooooo dry it took me ages to finish the one bite yuck lol

I know Melissa dry as Ghandi's flip flop aren't they! The bits stick to the side of your mouth for ages and ages, I'll be keeping them only for when I am desperate for a change from the shakes...hopefully I won't
get desperate x

Oh dear girls! I'm not getting a good feeling about this ;-) I've ordered some to try because I really am feeling the need to CHEW something!
I also thought they'd be easier to take out with me, should I need to. Sounds like I'd do better with some old carpet!

The thing with them is you have to eat them in small bits. Just break small bits off and make sure you have a glass of water to go with them. I think they are fine :)
Don't take a bite or you will find it dry and hard to swallow.
Also, they have calmed down my tummy a bit as with just shakes i was constipated one minute and then diarrhoea the next but these have made everything better. happy days x
Oh, and it's so nice to chew something!

Thanks for the tip Lesley, that sounds like good advice! BTW I hear you about the erratic bowel movements, I'm going from one extreme to the other too so I hope I'll find the flapjacks settle me down too!

Let us know how you get on with them x

Well Lesley, I've just finished my first peanut flap jack and, errr........well I have to say the last morsel went down easier than the first but it has taken me over an hour to eat it! I also had a small black coffee, a mug of tea, two glasses of mineral water and a glass of tap water to help!
I'm a bit disappointed because I'd hoped they'd be a viable alternative to milkshakes but I don't think I'll be buying any more. I've yet to try the coconut one though so watch this space!

Keep trying Denise! They do start to taste okay after a few! :)

I'll take your word for it Lesley ;-)

I'm one of the few people who actually enjoy the flapjacks. I prefer the peanut one, but coconut is ok as well. I only have 1 flapjack each week, as they contain around 50 calories more than the shakes or soup. The thing is, don't expect them to taste anything like a real flapjack! They are quite dry and bland, not much flavour. They need plenty of chewing, which i find makes a nice change from the liquid meals. I think they should have just called them "nutrition bar" or something along those lines. I quite like the soup too, but only with some curry powder added. We're allowed to do that, and it does make it tastier, well that's if you like curry flavour! i wouldn't normally eat chicken soup as i'm a strict vegetarian, but this "chicken" soup is completely veggie so i'm ok. I find it comforting to have a bowl of hot soup of an evening, especially now the autumn is here. Good luck, and my advice would be to try all the choices once, so you know what you like or don't like. :)

Its funny what everyone thinks about the shakes, soup, flapjacks, different strokes for different folks i suppose.

Personally i used to like the vanilla and now can't even smell it without it making me feel ill, i don't really like the strawberry anymore but have it once in a while just for a change, i still like the chocolate and thats now what i have about 90% of the time, i don't mind the chicken soup and have it when i fancy something hot, the flapjacks well i cant stomach the coconut one (i don't know why i like coconut in the real world) the peanut one on the other hand i think is alright and as people before me have pointed out sometimes its nice to chew or sometimes you just can't make a shake on the go so they have their uses....

My advice is to give everything a go once, you never know, as you can see from this thread "one mans meat is another mans poison."

Hi Melissa,
Just thought I'd let you know that I've just recently tried a coconut flapjack and was pleasantly surprised.
People's opinion of the flapjacks varies hugely as you've probably realised by now but in my opinion the coconut one is MUCH nicer than the peanut. I found the peanut one revolting and would have to be really desperate to eat another but, whilst I still prefer the shakes and soup, I could eat another coconut one. They're not very 'coconutey' and they do, as you say, contain peanuts and you can taste that but they don't seem to have the same after-taste. Can't really comment on their effect on weightloss as I only tried one!

My advice would be to get one to try, if you haven't already and don't rely too much on what you read as everyone's different. Good luck xx

I tried putting the flapjack in the toaster as someone suggested and I actually found the flapjack really enjoyable that way..

Yay, people who don't mind flapjacks! I'm not alone after all! lol!!!

I tried putting the flapjack in the toaster as someone suggested and I actually found the flapjack really enjoyable that way..

:rolleyes: Yip that the best way I found....warm and crunchy!! Yum!!

Yup I'm a bit sceptical too! :8855:

But I will give it a go.......I've got a peanut one I could test it with (it's not going to get eaten otherwise!). If toasting makes THAT palatable it will work for ANYTHING :)

Back