flapjacks

melissa85

Silver Member
was just wondering what peoples thoughts were on the flapjacks? i want to try the coconut flavoured one as i dont like peanuts i understand that it also has peanuts in it but i can persevere with that just to get something to chew.

also does it slow weight loss?

and does it taste really coconuttey?

thanks

nasty nasty things that really don't taste like real food in any way, some people on here do like them but i would advise only getting 1 to try.

HI,
I prefer the peanut one, neither one tastes like peanuts or coconut.....they're a little more palatable if you put them in a toaster for a few seconds and take them with a cup of tea. Just make sure there aren't any white bread crumbs in the toaster.

ok thanks ill get 1 to try.

Hi Melissa

I've asked my pharmacy to get one of each for me to try. They do seem to have a bad press so I'd be interested to hear how you get on. I'm a bit worried about starting one and then finding it too nasty to eat! Good tip about the toaster Losit, thanks

Well i think they are okay, but have a glass of liquid with them as they are dry.
Had my first peanut one today and there isn't a lot of difference between that and the coconut one to be honest.

I think they are the worst things ever I also cannot stand the chicken soup so just shakes for me !!

Don't mention the word 'chicken soup' ! Feel sick just thinking about it, ha ha!!!

Oh dear! That bad?

TBH everyone is different but I tried the soup last sat at lunch time only had 2 spoons and my stomach was churning all day really bad cant even think about it lol

Hmmm! I've asked for a sachet to try but maybe I ought to give it a miss. I don't like chicken soup really anyway but I thought that maybe in the absence of any other savoury food, I might tolerate it. I'm not getting a good feeling about it now!

Everything is worth a try at the end of the day you never know you could love it !!

Yes, You're right, I'll give it a go

I had the chicken soup untill this week, i find it too sickening now but I'd have it if I had to i suppose. On my first round of tfr I thought the strawberry shake was gross but i tried it on week 3 this time and loved it, especially with crushed ice and less water which was suggested to me here.
Your tastebuds change as the weeks go by so having a taste of a shake or flapjack you normally wouldn't go for is a good idea. Also when you start eating again you must be prepared to try out new foods so it's like a bit of training for food eating again.

well all i can drink is the chocolate and strawberry, i tried the chicken and the 1st couple of mouthfuls was ok but then it started to get harder n harder to swallow really powdery tasting so a aint having that again. i dont get how cambridge has so much choice concerning shakes, soups and the bars and yet lipotrim only has 3 shakes 1 soup and a flapjack. i would love it if they had the cranberry bars like cambridge they were so tasty and filling. i would do cambridge again however my cdc quit doing it so was left with this diet :-(

I didn't realise they're could be so much more choice on another one, we only have lipotrim locally but they told me it was exactly the same as the cambridge,,but of course,, they want my business ;-}

if only it was the same! cambridge has
Shake flavours include: Banana, Butterscotch, Chocolate, Chocolate Mint, Fruits of the Forest, Strawberry, Toffee and Walnut, Vanilla, Chocolate Orange, Cappuccino.
Soup flavours include: Chicken and Mushroom, Oriental Chilli, Spicy Tomato, Vegetable, Mushroom, Leek and Potato.
Our bars are available in two textures chewy and crunchy. For a chewy option choose from Toffee, Chocolate and Chocolate Orange. If you prefer crunchy choose from Cranberry, Chocolate Mint or Peanut.
Our tasty porridge can be enjoyed at anytime of the day. Choose from Original, Apple & Cinnamon or Maple & Pecan.
For convenience we also have three ready-made shakes in handy cartons complete with straw.
Choose from: Banana Bliss, Chocolate Velvet and Strawberry Silk.

so as you can see cambridge has loads more choice have you checked to see if there is any cambridge counsellors in youre area mind they work from home.

That sounds amazing... drool. although! i read in the liptrim book they make the shakes and flapjacks eatable, but not so delicious they are more-ish on purpose. it makes sense really! they say they don't obviously want people overdosing on the shakes or cookies! i suppose it's good, it makes you see food more as sustinence, instead of something to live for almost! i know for me liking food so much is what got me into this mess, so if lipotrim is teaching me there's more to life than wanting delicious food all the time then that's great! also, about the flapjacks, i get one or two every week or two, just for something to chew. they are also handy if you arent at home (NOT a chance of me making a shake in public!) i tried both. thought the coconut was ok.. then i couldnt finish it. the peanut is my favourite of the two, even though im not mad about peanuts and love coconut. i think they are a nice change? they're SO dry though. and a flapjack has 50calories more than a shake does. i doubt it makes too much of a difference to your loss, but i suppose every little helps

The only thing with the Cambridge diet though is the price... :(

Back