Flapjacks

squishymcfatterson

Likes to post frequently
Hi all! Got myself 1 peanut flapjack at the pharmacy today to try. I detested them 5 years ago but they are a different shape and packaging now, so I'm hoping I might change my mind. After all, I hated the soup last time and am now quite partial to it! Anyway, was there a trick with the flapjack that I saw here? Toast it lightly or something like that? Thanks!

Sent from my iPhone using MiniMins

Oh dear lord, forget it. I toasted it, nibbled on one tiny piece and dry-wretched into the kitchen sink. If my stomach wasn't so empty I would have vomited too. Seriously foul. Surely they could make them slightly palatable? I'm by no means a fussy water and I love peanuts but seriously?! And it cost me EUR3.33!! Grrr.

I was thinking of getting flapjack to try next time I go but after reading this....maybe not! :)

They are disgusting! However heard peanut one was better than coconut so got a peanut one to try! Disgusting!! My pharmacist gave me a free coconut one to try and suprusingly i found it edible... Disgusting but didnt feel the need to heave! Im out and about this week and cant be doing carrying my shaker and water bottle and making up shakes so just want something easier. I treat it like medicine so try not to be bothered that its foul :)

Oh man, I would rather have nothing than to have to even sniff another flapjack! Luckily I had a spare soup to tide me over!

I had a peanut one tonight and it took me 45 mins to eat it and have felt sick ever since!!! totally not my taste but I guess u have to try these things lol x

I'm coming to the defence of the peanut flapjack! I discovered them last weekend and I really enjoy them. I now have 1 a day and I actually look forward to it! My favourite meal.

BM

Busy Mum said:
I'm coming to the defence of the peanut flapjack! I discovered them last weekend and I really enjoy them. I now have 1 a day and I actually look forward to it! My favourite meal.

BM

Wow, it just goes to show different tastes doesn't it? I was thinking that somebody must eat them otherwise they wouldn't keep selling them. I'm like that with my soup, really look forward to it in the evenings.

Just a quick question.... do either taste like peanuts or cocount? And....does the soup taste chickenie (made up word...sorry!) xx

Soup definitely smells and tastes chickeny, even though its suitable for vegetarians! I make it with more water than they suggest (400ml or so) so it doesn't taste powdery.

Only had the peanut flapjack cos I love peanuts and while it tasted of peanuts, I was too distracted by all the other hideous tastes and textures!!

I might have to get one of each to try...its got to be trial and error right? I managed to fight my way through a strawberry shake! lol x

Definitely worth a try, some people love them! Cannot stand strawberry, only choc or vanilla for me!

just had the coconut flapjack and its actually not all that bad 2nd time round!!!

goose said:
just had the coconut flapjack and its actually not all that bad 2nd time round!!!

Can't believe you were brave enough to try twice! Well done. I'm still having nightmares...!

I tried the peanut one today..I did quite enjoy actually chewing something!!..I only ate half and saved half for later..couldnt go whole hog!!..haha..x

Just a quick question.... do either taste like peanuts or cocount? And....does the soup taste chickenie (made up word...sorry!) xx

I don't know what I would do without the soup (with plenty of pepper) It is yummy!
Only other I have is a chocolate with 150ml water which is nice too.
Tried all others and did not like at all.
I am avoiding trying the flapjack as from all the posts I have seen everyone has really slated them........apart from the 1 post above :D

I won't say I 'like' the flapjacks as that's too strong a word for any Lipotrim product :) ...but I do look forward to my three evenings a week when I have them. Purely because it's something to eat rather than drink. I think that everyone should try every flavour at least once. Everyone has different tastes and I've read posts with every flavour being both loved and hated, so you'll only know if you try. In my opinion, the two flapjacks both taste the same. I ask for three, don't mind which flavour (more peanuts in the peanut one though). I toast them too, makes them nicer for me. ...and I have them with a black coffee (I would never have a black coffee outside of Lipotrim, by the way)! :)

I actually like the flapjacks, they taste like peanut butter. I cant stand the soup though and cant even manage to eat it so I stick to Chocolate, Vanilla which I sometimes put coffee in and the flapjacks.

Back