Flavour Ideas for CD Meal Bars **WARNING - FOOD REFERENCES **

Thanks for all the replies folks!!! Great flavour ideas there, more than enough to keep the CD people busy if they wanted to have a go at a savoury bar for us non-sweet-tooth CDers.

I've got to say, the one that got ME drooling on the keyboard (nice mental image that, cheers littlemissspendthrift!!) was the suggestion of a Cornish Pastie from missmf. Oh yes! I am going to Cornwall for the bank holiday weekend, courtesy of my wife who has booked us into a hotel for 3 nights. Can't wait for a break but am facing my biggest challenge so far on CD - the readily available "full English" and various shops selling pasties etc. A "full English" meal bar would be cool (or not...imagine all those flavours together).

The plan is...

1) Take tetra-briks
2) Take meal bars
3) Take some shake mixes
4) Take my new cordless hand blender (+ charger unit)

I'll let you know how I get on!

By the way, Lesly I think we should persevere with CD HQ and the savoury bar idea. Maybe I'll try and knock up a prototype in my kitchen at home and post them it in a padded envelope. I could patent it and everything...maybe make my first million quid!

As the official CD names for the tetras and some of the bars have adjectives in front of the flavour (like Malt Toffee, 'Orrible Orange and so on), I think I will need to pick a title for my first prototype bar carefully. Its going to involve eggs, cheese and bacon I reckon, so who would want to eat it if I called it "Quirky Quiche"?

Judders74

Savoury CD Meal Bars **FOOD REFS**

Hold on...

Lets be honest, maybe it would be more "Quasi-Quiche". :rolleyes:

Judders74

Back