LighterLife - a diet designed for women.

Ah Thanks so much Sharon for the great comments. I am having a hard week - It all started so well - and by Sunday I had lost 3 pounds - The problem is that it was back on on Monday and even this morning is still half a pound up on where I was on Sunday!

The way the body reacts to the diet is very odd - I know we are mainly water and that is undoubtedly what has happened, but it is very disheartening.

In my mind I had planned to be on RTM in 2 months, but if my losses slow more it could be another 4 months and that would really be soul destroying.

I have been feeling cold today and that is normally a good sign, and I am well in Ketosis - so hopefully things will get better. Your comments pointing out my success so far have helped lift me up.

Cheers
Mike

I know you shouldn't wish your life away, but am planning on first week of August being off RtM - already have a lunch date with a friend at work to pop next door (yep next door) to the all you can eat Chinese for £4.95.

Here's an idea for a bar - crispy duck and hoy sin sauce.

I love the sound of that!

Crispy Duck is my favourite food of all time ranked alongside chinese spare ribs and a fraction above Meat Tikka masala madras with Garlic Keema Naan, Bhindi Bahji, Bamboo shoot Bahjee, sag paneer and Tarka Dhal (Extra thick).

To drink, add a couple of bottles of real ale, some Amarone red wine and follow it up with Irish Coffee and a decent single malt and I am in heaven!

On re-reading back, I noticed the absolute absence of any sweet things - I am so definitely not a sweet-toothed chap!

Salmon and cucumber bar would be nice
or perhaps lobster bisque as a soup which would work well chilled too !

Come on LL - give us savoury types what we need!

mmmmm savoury ;) I'd go for something sesame seeded or olive tasting .... or pistachio nut bar ..... or anything really :)

So Mikey - it seems your desire for chinese flavoured bars and now changing to seafood???

In that case - give me a kipper flavoured bar!

Yes, I did think that after posting. It is really rather odd and perhaps driven by your kipper frenzy!
All I can think of at the moment is tandoori chicken (as per my post in another thread) and all the several kgs of lobster meat I have in my freezer that will be great when I am on RTM.

Beef and horseradish bar would be nice (Thanks to Corey for giving me this idea), and I really really want a lobster bisque or clam chowder soup!

Hi Guys - been reading your thread - great banter!

I'm on W8 - and don't have anything as exciting as bars!!! Mind you -I'm worried if I had bars I'd want to binge on them!!!

However thought you guys might be interested to know W8 have just launched a "Spaghetti Bolognese" mealpack which is gorgeous - like a small portion of pot noodle!! Nice to be able to eat something with a fork!!! With real beef flavouring in it too!

Savoury-wise we also have: Chicken, Mushroom, Asparagus, Carrot & Orange, Thai, Vegetable

I'm much more a savoury girl, so quite well catered for - not keen on any of the sweet shakes - (Cafe Latte, Strawberry, Wild Berry, Vanilla, Choc, Tropical, Banana, Goji Berry, Toffee)

Anyway following your last post I'm drooling thinking about roast beef, horseradish and yorkies!!!!!!!

Off to drink another litre of water to take my mind off it!!!!

Carol x

new bars on the wayR.T.M

3 wks ago our L.L.C had some bit size samples of 3 different types of bars 2 savoury and one choc flavoured.
They were chilli and ? choc and ? and another type and she wanted feed back. A little boy popped in with his mum for her monthly weigh in and was starving and scoofffed the lot.
So cant say but people who got there before me said the cranberry and choc and the chilli one was fab. Apparently they are to be used in Management if feed back is positive.
Any body else know about this or have i missed an earlier post .Maria

Carolanski, the food sounds lovely!!!

Fitter - the bars sound really great - I want them now.

I have even toyed with the idea of adding chilli to a chocolate shake to make it taste better !

Now both the W8 bolognese and the LL bars sound gorgeous ---- oh to have something different -- really fancy a savoury bar.

Kellie=];528565 said:
Got to agree to be honest- just cos im a woman that means I like the tast of sweet things!?
thats a very bold statement to make considering its based on absolutly no evidence at all.

Actually there is quite a bit of scientific evidence, but it's inconclusive. Basically, everyone craves sweet foods sometimes whether male or female. Apart from that, some studies found men wanted more sweetness and others found women did. Interestingly, women from America tended to say that they must have chocolate around their period where as non-Western women hardly crave sugar at all, apparently.

So it seems that the assumption that the thread-starter made is indeed unfounded. But that's not to say that LL perhaps didn't have stereotypical Western women in mind when designing the foodpack flavours ;)

When the women in my group talk about foods they miss, it's all crisps and fish & chips, nothing sweet at all! Having said that I do miss cadbury's caramel bars.

So bring on the savouries then!

Oh yeah! I do feel sorry for you if you're a meat-lover because that chicken soup tastes absolutely nothing like chicken. I can't see LL adding a beef jerky bar to their range any time soon!

Well once you get on to RTM, meat is one of the first things you could look forward to that I guess.

I'm on LT and I kind of like the fact they only do three shakes, one soup and two flapjack flavours.....I think all these CD/LL flavours would tempt me to eat and lose all control!:D

i want a mango flavoured bar
cookies and cream milkshake :)
chicken madras soup
steak bar ;) lol
kebab bar ;)

Back