flavours...

Discussion in 'Cambridge Weight Plan' started by mfinnis, 24 January 2008 Social URL.

1. mfinnis

mfinnis Full Member

Start Weight:
    13st1lb
    Current Weight:
    12st10lb
    Goal Weight:
    12st1lb
    Lost(%):
    0st5lb(2.73%)
    Diet:
    Slimming World
    ok - be honest all you guys on the cambridge diet - what are the flavours really like...I am on w8 matters (week 2) and have to say think all the shakes are foul (personal opinion!) wonder if I would have been better on cd - what's your opinion??????
    Marie
    x

2. Avatar

MiniMins.com Matched Content

3. corinne_j

corinne_j Full Member

Start Weight:
    16st4lb
    Current Weight:
    10st12lb
    Goal Weight:
    10st0lb
    Lost(%):
    5st6lb(33.33%)
    Diet:
    Cambridge Diet
    Hi Marie, I started off by trying every flavour of shake/soup - I personally hated the soups, but enjoyed most of the shakes. I now live on 4 different flavours - chocolate, choc mint and vanilla (made hot with a spoonful of coffee - yum!) and the ready made banana tetra packs which are great when I'm out and about. Enjoying the shakes makes it so much easier to stick to!

Corinne x

4. sim94

sim94 Cambridge Diet Counsellor

Hi,

I started off with Lipotrim so if W8 taste anything like that I understand. I use to almost vomit and couldn't drink a whole one till day 4. CD has so many more choices than some of the other VLCD plans. I'm sure your'll find some your'll like.

http://www.minimins.com/cambridge-d...s-products-1st-july-07-updated-5-12-07-a.html

CDC

5. SoonToBeGorgeous

SoonToBeGorgeous Loving the Cambridge Diet

Diet:
    Cambridge Plan
    I love all the CD products barring one soup!

6. Time4ME

Time4ME MUST get a grip

Diet:
    Cambridge
    I enjoy the shakes, choc, vanilla, toffee etc they are all nice hot or cold. The soups are luvly, much more palettable than most others... & the bars are wickedly nice xxxxxxxxxx:)

7. mandye

mandye Silver Member

Start Weight:
    21st7lb
    Current Weight:
    10st8lb
    Goal Weight:
    12st0lb
    Lost(%):
    10st13lb(50.83%)
    Diet:
    CAMBRIDDGE DIET SS
    Hi can defo recomend CD,but would sugest you try making up your shakes in a different way before you decide I only like mine made with 4/5 ice cubes and approx 150ml of cold water in blender for 30 secs or so it really makes a difference to the taste.Or try psyllium husks to make a porridge I have this once a daylook for vcld pack recipes on here xxxx

8. Frejja

Frejja Silver Member

I like most of the shakes, don't like the soups unless they're made into poppadoms and adore all the bars especially peanut and cranberry. Everyone is so different tho...I love the choc tetra but I think the banana one has a weird fishy aftertaste lol!

9. MaryA

MaryA Member

I bought some W8 shakes while waiting for my first appointment with my CDC. I found them absolutely disgusting. I was overjoyed with the difference in the quality of the CD shakes. Most of the CD shakes are gorgeous. I could and would never have done this diet on W8 shakes and would never recommend them.

10. Deb G

Deb G Silver Member

Start Weight:
    13st10lb
    Current Weight:
    13st7lb
    Goal Weight:
    9st0lb
    Lost(%):
    0st3lb(1.56%)
    Diet:
    Cambridge
    I've been very impressed with the LL food. I am fussy at the best of times, and I thought I'd have a long, hard slog with this diet - but I've REALLY enjoyed it! So much so, that when I have finished the diet altogether, I'm still going to buy the cranberry bars and choc (to make muffins) as a treat!

I'm also intending to go low-carb (veggie) long term as my maintenance plan - that's not to say I won't have the occasional pizza....but it'll be just that......OCCASIONAL!

11. Peridot

Peridot Peridot

I find I have to think of the packs almost as medicine - not as something to be enjoyed necessarily. Having said that, there's enough choice on CD to find something you can bear. I have toffe and walnut and vanilla packs in coffee, spicy tomato, chicken and mushroom and chilli soups and chocolate orange, chocolate mint and chocolate tetra as hot chocolate in the evenings. I also sometimes make banana into mousse (usually not very successfully). I hate all the bars and don't like the shakes made up as shakes - they're very thin (I did LL where the shakes are very thick and creamy) and can't bear the banana tetra because, as Frejja said, it tastes of fish. Metallic fish, sprayed with hairspray. Of course you may enjoy that........!

12. mfinnis

mfinnis Full Member

Start Weight:
    13st1lb
    Current Weight:
    12st10lb
    Goal Weight:
    12st1lb
    Lost(%):
    0st5lb(2.73%)
    Diet:
    Slimming World
    thank you for all of your comments and opinions - it is much appreciated....

13. prettyfromtheback

prettyfromtheback Full Member

Diet:
    CD
    I'm glad someone has said the banana tetras aren't nice as I hate banana flavoured stuff so have avoided them!!!!

14. NooNoo1970

NooNoo1970 Member

Start Weight:
    16st4.5lb
    Current Weight:
    15st12lb
    Goal Weight:
    15st4.5lb
    Lost(%):
    0st6.5lb(2.84%)
    Diet:
    Slimming world
    well thats a funny thing! I hate bananas! find them replusive.......but I like the banana tetras and have one nearly every day for brekkie...easy to grab as I rush out the door to do school run and start the day (as a childminder) I also like the banana shakes. I didnt have them first time I did CD as I didnt think I would like them but I do and they are now part of my staple diet!!
    Try everything once..at least that way you have given yourself the chance to have a large variety of packs.
    Good luck Lou X

Popular Forums
  1. MiniMins.com is a weight loss support community helping each other on their weight loss journey. We have a multitude of forums, from Slimming World and Exante, to Success Stories. Click the logo at the top right to return to the forum home page at any time.