Flipside...

212degrees

112lbs lost - 28 to go!
I'm so so pleased, I only have 1st and 1lb until I hit my goal and have officially started the 810 plan this week as my first step towards maintainance :) I never thought I would make it this far and am so proud of myself for actually doing it this time.

On the other hand, I still feel bigger than I am, I think my legs in particular are still huge and I'm not convinced that one more stone is going to make enough difference for me to be happy to wear a skirt without feeling like a frump! Now I don't know if that's just my mental perception or whether I'm blessed with chunky legs or what!

I think I shall start back at the gym to tone up and get my fitness levels better but it seems that every time I think about how far I've come i seem to end up thinking I still have so far to go! Does anyone else feel like this? :wave_cry: xx

Well done, you deserve to be pleased with yourself.

Have you taken any photos during your transformation? I think that would be a better visual indication for you to see how much you've changed. I'm planning on having my DH take photos of me in my underwear after every stone lost.

212degrees you have lost an amzing amount of weight. Well done you!

that said - if you are unhappy with your goal you could always change it. .....whats another few weeks after the whle length of time you have been on cambridge? HUGS

Thanks peeps. I am pleased with how well i've done it's just bizarre how long it takes for the mind to catch up!

Nellyphant - Unfortunately i used to be an expert at avoiding cameras so there are only a very few pics of me at my biggest. In hindsight i wish i had taken pics as i went along but i never actually thought i would do this right the way through so didn't! I think it's an excellent idea to keep a visual track of how your doing!

Beinggood - I have considered changing my goal but i think i shall wait until i get there before making that decision. I'm slightly worried that i'm going to take it too far because i've always had a poor body image and want to see if it is just that that's making me doubt myself, don't want to go too far the other way! lol! I like having an hourglass figure just wish that you could designate where the weigh comes off!!! :)

Definitely have a look at some photos and remember that because you lose weight so rapidly (and sometimes with ketosis it can feel so easy) it can be difficult for your brain to catch up. You probably had years to get used to your 'fat' self and your self-image will be very ingrained. Getting to know your 'slim' self can take time too.
I realise now (lost 4st, regained 2st (LL), now trying again(CD)) that I didn't ever get really comfortable with my new body and because I still felt fat I think I slipped into fat ways - still wore stretchy clothes, didn't believe I'd keep it off, still worried about my tummy etc. I'd love to have that 'tummy' again now, and I bet if you suddenly regained weight (you won't!) you'd realise how fab your 'chunky' legs are now and you'd want them back!!
Sorry if its a bit wordy, but I think you probably just need to get accustomed to your new shape.

You could re-evaluate your goal, or maybe it's a bit soon yet. Get there first then maybe take it another 2 or 3 lbs at a time.

But don't lose sight of how amazingly well you have done and let your perception of your legs put a dampener on your achievement. I bet no-one else is judging your legs the same way!

Isie

Hey 212 well done you've done amazingly well!!! It does take ages for your brain to catch up with your body!! My massive bit of advice about moving your goal weight is DON'T do it!! At least not until you've reached it and lived with it for a couple of weeks. The first time I did CD I kept moving my goal, and it just meant that I never really got there and got fed up with CD. I ended up quitting before I worked up the plans and as a result put some of the weight back on.

I made it to my original goal, but because I kept moving it I never really felt a sense of achievement. This time I've made my goal, and I'm sticking to it, once I've reached it only then will I decide if it needs moving.

Obviously everyone is different, but that's my advice anyway. I think moving the goal posts takes away the amazing feeling that you've done it. Allow yourself that feeling because you really deserve to feel the elation of achieving it. Then if you want to you can move it. Hope you don't mind me sharing that experience with you, but I can't wait to feel that way. xx

Thanks Isie - fantastic advice. I definately think your right. I did have a mild panic attack the other day when i dreamt i was back to my biggest (i was 20st when i left uni! :0 ) i will see how it goes. For now i will sit here and daydream about my first 810 meal tonight........ mmmmmm omelette...... lol! Joking aside, although my body perception is still a little skewiff, my food attitudes have changed which is far more important i think. The body image should come in time i'm just grateful that i think i've changed the way i look at food so i can keep my new found slimness until my mind catches up.

Oh and 1st makes a huge difference. I'll attach a couple of photo's I took of myself when I was feeling a bit dispondent about my weight losses. There's a stone loss between the two. And the closer you get to goal the bigger the difference a stone makes xx

Attachments

• P1010187.jpg
    P1010187.jpg
    403.4 KB · Views: 39
  • P5030504.jpg
    P5030504.jpg
    388 KB · Views: 43
Thanks Surfhunny! It's always great to hear advice from someone whose been in a similar situation! Good to know i'm not alone, or completely mental! lol!

And you have done so well! Thanks for sharing the pics! Think i might take a pic tonight and then again when i'm at goal! think that will help my actually see what the difference is! :)

Back