Flora Heart Age

Discussion in 'Slimming World' started by not_lar_croft, 12 September 2009 Social URL.

1. not_lar_croft

not_lar_croft Silver Member

Start Weight:
    18st7.5lb
    Current Weight:
    18st0lb
    Goal Weight:
    14st9lb
    Lost(%):
    0st7.5lb(2.89%)
    Diet:
    SW
    Has anyone done the Flora Heart Age test on their website. My real age is 46 and my heart age is 51. My cholesterol is 5.00 but it says that that is quite high but my doctor said that that was fine when I had a test done.

Anyone else done the test or had a cholesterol test? What is the norm?

2. Avatar

MiniMins.com Matched Content

3. Frontier-Phil

Frontier-Phil Silver Member

Diet:
    SW-Red
    The test is rubbish, it does not take into account your BMI including muscle density.

As many test like these they are to sell you a product and simply that.

The BMI test is being phased out due to the advice that some GP's and alike have been giving people who have muscle density.

If the BMI guidlines were to be followed correctly many many athelets fall into the clinically /morbid obese level.

Phil x

4. Morgawr

Morgawr Silver Member

Goal Weight:
    10st7lb
    Diet:
    SW Group
    I did the heartage test and it came out at 54 (I am 41) but having said that the advert on telly then goes on immediately to sell products so I personally am inclined to use it as an interesting diversion but mainly a selling gimmick for Flora.

I think so long as you are eating healthily and following the plan your cholesterol should come down to normal levels (whatever they may be - I have no clue on that) anyway

sorry that turned into a bit of a ramble!

Liz

5. Frontier-Phil

Frontier-Phil Silver Member

Diet:
    SW-Red
    well said ramble...hehehehehe

Philx

6. Morgawr

Morgawr Silver Member

Goal Weight:
    10st7lb
    Diet:
    SW Group
    why thank you I do try:p

Liz

Popular Forums
  1. MiniMins.com is a weight loss support community helping each other on their weight loss journey. We have a multitude of forums, from Slimming World and Exante, to Success Stories. Click the logo at the top right to return to the forum home page at any time.