Florida 2014-15??

ticktock

Hi all,

We would love to take the kids (6 &7) to Florida next year, we have had a rough few yrs but we are going 2wks all inc. Ibiza this July, it will be lovely but are already saving for Florida! Wanted to go in 6wks but apparently due to weather, April or Oct school hols best so we would go October...more time to save!

Does anyone have rough idea of how much its likely to cost? 2wks for 4 of us, want to do disneyworld, not sure where else, dont mind where stay...need to keep everything as cheap as possible, also when would be the best time to book?

Had assumed it would be 2015 as when I look on travel republic it costs apx £5k without park tickets but saw on here someone had bought everything seperate, got deals, discounts etc and cost them I think 2.5k?! If thats the case for us maybe 2014 is a possibility!

Any advice/tips at all welcome!

Hiya.
Im off to florida in November, Theres only 2 of us but I will tell you our prices so you can get an idea, We paid £1000 for flights booked direct with virgin, £450 for hotel (ONSITE) 2 weeks with asda holidays (£1) deposit, and our park tickets are around £600 so we will get them nearer the time.

Do you have to go in the school holidays ?? As going in term time would save you a few grand?

Also do you want to stay in a hotel or a villa, Do you want to drive over there??

We prefer hotels with shuttle bus to the parks so we dont have to worry about anything :)

X

Hi,
Sounds like you have found some bargain flights and accomodation! We do have to go in school hols, would probably go in October so 1wk school hols 1 wk termtime.
I've found a book on amazon that lists all the bargains and tips and tricks for doing Florida on a budget, might be worth spending £10 on that as think it would point in right direction of where to book things etc. Got lots of time to save and plan as really donet mind if we go next yr or 2015. We would probably go for apartment and shuttle bus rather than villa and car just because its cheaper? although have looked at a few package holiday sites and they seem to include car hire in prices with no option to take it off!
I'll keep an eye on here and hopefully you will let us know how you liked it there and share a few insider tips of your own! :eek:) x

Back