Florida Fit

I went away for the weekend. Two meals out, my friend doing the cooking and a box of doughnuts and I've put 5lb on ..... eek, so I'm 22st 0 and I really didn't want to be back here again.
Luckily before I went I got all slimming world stuff in so that I could get straight back on it.
But last night we got in late and the kids are a bit short of clean clothes so I put a wash on and went to bed. Got up this morning and the machine had leaked water all over my kitchen floor and it took about 5 mop buckets to get it all up off the floor and windows open to dry out. So I didn't get any breakfast, I just managed a coffee at about 11am lol.
Now my son has an appointment 20mins away at 12.15pm and I have to sit outside and wait for him, so its hit or miss if I'm going to get lunch either, but don't have time now to do any sort of pack up to eat there, and I'm starving 😑

Made it back I time for lunch. So I got my SW mag out and I'm following the weekly menu thing. Today on our Monday lunchtime we are having Mediterranean Omelete (red onion, courgette and peppers) and salad. I did use oil to cook it (as it was already in the pan from sons breakfast and I couldn't be bothered cleaning it) and I put full fat dressing on the salad, so will have to work out the syns for that.

Ok vegetable oil is 2syns a teaspoon, so I'll call it 6syns to be safe. One website says the syns in the dressing is 23, but I don't think that can be right lol, maybe 2 or 3

Attachments

• 20210712_124930.jpg
    20210712_124930.jpg
    1.7 MB · Views: 9
Well done on getting all the SW stuff in before you went away for the weekend!

Best of luck for this week, I really hope you get back down under 22st again (I find quick on is generally quick off too - hope it’s the same for you 🤞).

Thanks Halley, I'm hoping I'll get at least a 1lb off quick so I get under the 22st.

I had sausage carbonnara for dinner, but I was supposed to use SW sausages, but didn't have any, so it was prob a fair few syns. I bought low fat sausages, but didn't have enough so needed to use some of the full fat ones I had in too and I don't know which ones I ate.

For dessert I had x2 caramel snack a jacks for 5syns. Im pretty sure I went over on my syns today, but I'll do better tomorrow. I've already made up my overnight oats.

Ok, just weighed myself this morning and I've bounced down from 22st to 21st 11
Really thought I'd stopped bouncing with these new scales, but I'm not going to complain too much, at least it was in the right direction and I'm back in the 21s woohoo

Breakfast: overnight oats with pineapple
Lunch: Potato Salad (quite literally, was a bit weird, but tasty lol) made with mayonnaise (3syns) and a snack a jack (2.5syns)
20210713_120328.jpg

Dinner: chicken and chips with salsa and mixed veg.
20210713_170837.jpg

Last edited:
I just ate 3 doughnuts..... that is all

Edit: and a big bucket of popcorn.....
And half a bag of malteasers

But Black Widow is a good movie lol

Last edited:
Been good today, haven't followed my menu at all, but I've still been good.

I was supposed to have overnight oats for breakfast, but I forgot to make them, so I skipped ahead a day and had mushrooms on toast (heb) with some creme fraiche (3syns)

Lunch I had about 2pm because I got stuck in traffic, didn't have time to start cooking chicken, so I had a salad with some ranch sauce (3syns) and cheese (hea)

Dinner should have been fish pie, but I forgot to defrost the fish, so I had x2 pork loins and fried courgette
Then had a snack a jack (2.5syns)

Put 1lb on.... damn doughnuts.
I also sneaked some flapjacks my daughter made last night too *sad defeated face*
Hopefully I'll do better today

Breakfast: egg on toast (heb) with brown sauce and marj (3syns)

My sister has been down for the week staying in a caravan nearby and I've been very naughty. Very very naughty, 4lb naughty. Abandoned the diet completely and I didn't even enjoy it. Out at 8am everyday and home about 7pm. Some days I had time to pack a lunch and sometimes I didn't so we ate out. One meal out for my mums late bday and 5 takeaways because I was too pooped to cook when I got home. So sick of fatty greasy food that I declared a whole week of salads. Starting today we have a different type of salad every night for tea.....because why not.
I've bought various toppings and dressings to keep it exciting.
I asked my kids what they wanted on their salad tonight and one wanted fruit and the other wanted egg.... so we did both.
This is my fruit (grape and apple) and bacon & egg salad (bacon bits)
20210730_164503.jpg clean plates all round, my kids love salad lol

Was doing really well yesterday, then I had a snack before bed, two cheese sandwiches, damn the devil that invented bread and cheese 😥

Not done too bad today so far. My second salad of the week. Feta cheese salad wrap with ceasar dressing

Attachments

• 20210731_165406.jpg
    20210731_165406.jpg
    3.2 MB · Views: 9
Having a bad day. My son pulled my washing machine out last night, to lift the floor underneath for a new floor going down today and he brought my brand new kitchen cupboard with it, not an easily replaceable one, the one with the sink in it. Then he pulled the pipe too hard and it split and water went everywhere, so now my water is off while I wait for someone to come and fix it. Also the flooring guy turned up to lay my floor, then got a phone call that his dad is in hospital and left, and I don't know if he's coming back. So now I have furniture all over the place, a sofa in the boot of my car, no water and no floor.
But I did remember to take a photo of day 3s salad. It's prawns and smoked salmon.with ranch dressing.
20210801_165835.jpg

Forgot to take a photo of my crispy chicken salad wrap, but it was my favourite so far. I used southern spiced breadcrumbs on chicken breast and baked then put on a wrap with salad and some creme fraiche. Yummy 😋

Ok, so week of salads ended, it went really well but still I gained weight. 😔 ive put on 13lb in the summer holidays, so I put my foot down. Started keto on Thurs, it's now Sun and I'm 7lb down, I'm chuffed to bits. Still need to loose 15lb to get to my next goal though. And this diet is weird. I mean I can have a bowl of cream but I can't have a slice of pineapple lol, but I can't argue with those results and I'm loving the comfort food I can eat. Last time I tried this diet I felt a wee bit fragile after about 2 weeks, a bit blurgh, but it could be coincidence, so giving it a second chance. Determined to loose that weight and get my disney holiday. Also joined a fb group for plus size disney ladies that helps to tell you if you'll fit on a ride and it's motivational to try to make sure I fit

Breakfast today I had an egg and cream kinda pancake with a piece of cheese melted in the middle. Then a sausage patty and avocado in the middle.
Lunch I've got chicken wings and a salad and for dinner I've got some sort of African inspired Spinach and egg dish. Everything I've had so far has not tasted like diet food (I find SW recipes always pale in comparison with their more fattening originals)

Week 1 of Keto is over and I'm really pleased. I've lost 8lb. I was steadily loosing 2lb a day until the end of he week, but them star week started and it kind of maintained the last 2 days but I can't argue with that, 8lb is awesome and only 5lb left to shift to get rid of my 'summer holidays' weight lol. I've just booked my Disney holiday for May so I'm extra motivated to slim down to fit in those rides. 8 months and counting. I. Still 2lb over my last visit because of the weight I've put on. I'd like to loose 3.13st, but that's probably not going to happen. But at 6lb a month, that's a big ask for me lol. I might make it to a 2st loss, so let's do this.
I struggled a bit with motivation to cook last week. The keto recipes were egg heavy and some times I just wanted to throw things in a pan or in the oven and sit down, so towards the end of the week thats exactly what I was doing, which may have contributed to the maintain. I was also getting sick of eggs lol. This week I'm keeping it keto, but I've swapped to a bit more of a meat and 2 veg kind of diet so its easier for me, rather than trying to cook a gourmet meal every night just for me.

Week 2 is over and I've already given up keto, I'm so fed up of egg and avocado and spending all day cooking lunch when I just want something super quick.
I took the kids out mid week for mcDonald's and bought myself an iced coffee but no food, I put 5lbs on (think I'm bouncing again). I've a feeling I'd put the whole 8lb back on within a day if I went back to normal eating habits. Anyway, I switched back over to slimfast. Never have to worry about quick meals with them lol. Yesterday was day one and today I'm down 2lb (still 3lb more to go to get to what I was a few days ago though) stupid bouncy scales. So much for me loosing 2lb a week *sigh* got some meat and veg and salads coming in the shopping this week looking forward to easy dinners, the summer holidays just isn't isn't right time for keto lol

Hi Mrs E. Would you like to join us on the Team 50 thread? Just decide where you want to be by Xmas or use 17lbs (the number of weeks to Xmas) and make that yr goal.

I've started training for my Disney trip. I've read that you do 18k-25k steps at the Disney parks every day. I can usually manage 6k without pain. So my plan is that once a week I do 10k steps. Then I'm going to build that up to 20k steps over the next 8 months. Last week we went to Alton towers with the pushchair, my fitbit registered 13k steps, but when I'm pushing the buggy I don't think it registers properly, so I'm sure I did more than that. The trip almost killed me. I was in serious pain by the end. The next day I was aching all over and no way in hell could I have done another park.
Today I walked the dog and did nearly 13k without the pushchair and that was much better. Feel fine at the moment.

I've put so much weight on and I'm getting so fed up. I've put 8lb on this week, I don't know how it's happening, it's ridiculous. So I made a decision to avoid food and have some structure. So I ordered x7 low calorie microwave meals and I'm doing slimfast breakfast with a porridge snack, slimfast lunch with a slim-a-soup and a low cal micro meal and a fibre one snack. Fingers crossed this will work for me as I have a stone to loose before I even get back to where I was before *cry* them I want 2 stone more off. I've got 34wks and 42lbs so I need to lose 1.2lb a week. That would make me 19.8 which is 2st heavier than I wanted to be by then, but its better than what I am now.

Back