Florida Fit

I didn't even make it through day 1 *cry*
I started well, slimfast shake, porridge for breakfast, a bowl of soup for lunch and then I had a salad for dinner as I had avocado that needed using up. Job done, but no. My daughter gave me one of her Tuc biscuits and I still had about 300 calories left for the day so though there was no harm in it. Then scoffed the whole packet *cry* and this morning I've put on 0.4lb so I'm not happy. Every biscuit was 79 calories. Who makes little biscuits that fattening?? Crazy people, that's who, could have had another bowl of soup for that. I think the packet was 948 calories, so I went 600 calories over on day 1, not a good start.

Oh, MrsE. l got the just one effect this week. A friend brought over biscuits - and l didn't stop at one. That;s why l think l've found low carb works for me. l usually just don't eat wheat/potatoes/white stuff. lt's much harder to binge on meat!

They've done some research that suggests we eat because our body is craving the protein.

Oh, MrsE. l got the just one effect this week. A friend brought over biscuits - and l didn't stop at one. That;s why l think l've found low carb works for me. l usually just don't eat wheat/potatoes/white stuff. lt's much harder to binge on meat!

They've done some research that suggests we eat because our body is craving the protein.
I'm not normally one to be THAT bad at cheating, normally in the first week at least I'm super motivated, but my first week had been terrible. I had the whole packet of tuc, but I also ate a whole cherry madiera cake and a large popcorn tub, don't know how on earth I still managed to lose 2lb this week but woohoo for me

So results anyhow. Well done. More good days than compelled days. So definitely woohoo for you.

l cannot have access to things that compel me. Mr AG has his goodies hidden somewhere. I so nearly opened a pack of biscuits l bought for him yesterday - but l managed to give them to him. l'd never go through his drawers so they are safe. When l was shopping at B&M yesterday, l realised l used to buy biscuits and chocolate for myself. I had to remember not to - such an engrained habit.

It's still one day at a time. Clearng out the kiitchen of Crars Cheese melts and other baked goodes was essential for me. l think that maintenance will be one day at a time too. I've shed and reagined so many times. Because l now eat low carb, as opposed to counting points, syns, calories etc, l am hoping i will have developed habits that will be more sustainable for me.

I don't know what happened, but I weighed 22.4 on Thursday, then I had a cheeky weigh in on Sat and I weighed 22.9, and I'd actually been good, was good for the rest of the week too and now I'm 22.7, I hate dieting. It is star week, but this is ridiculous. I've been having slimfast shakes for breakfast with a banana or the slimfast porridge, slimfast shake for lunch with a cup-a-soup or a salad and an asda low cal microwave meal for dinner (except last night I had turkey steaks and brocolli). Stupid star week, stupid diet, I'm going back to bed. 1lb on this week

Last edited:
Dear Mrs Excuses, What a beastly week. Hormones grab the water - so just stick with your programme and next week will show you back on track. Make sure you have lots of protein - it wll help you keep on track.

So star week ended, but my weight just kept going up and up all week and I was starting to panic by the time I reached 23st, so I decided to just stop eating, something is going terribly wrong here. So on Wed I had shake, shake microwave meal and Thursday I had shake, shake, microwave meal and today I had shake, meal replacement bar, microwave meal and I've managed to get down to 22.9, so I gained 5lb in a week eating healthily, and lost 5lb in 3 days, it's just not normal, something weird going on. And it's not my scales, because my son (bless his heart) is trying to gain weight and his is fluctuating maybe 1lb here and there, but definitely not 7lb. I'm going to stick to strict for a while and see where it gets me, I need to loose 2st and quick.

Last edited:
I wonder if you are eating more protein and your body appreciates it. So if your diet eating healthily had a lot more carbs, then it can add weight (not fat) fast. Each gram of glycogen stores with 3-4 grams of water. So each gram of carbohydrate that you store as glycogen could add 4-5 g of weight. Good luck with the next week.

I wonder if you are eating more protein and your body appreciates it. So if your diet eating healthily had a lot more carbs, then it can add weight (not fat) fast. Each gram of glycogen stores with 3-4 grams of water. So each gram of carbohydrate that you store as glycogen could add 4-5 g of weight. Good luck with the next week.
I'm not eating a lot of carbs, I try to avoid bread and pasta anyway. I tried to go back to low calorie eating by having scrambled egg for breakfast, but I put 2 more lbs on now, 22.11, my mother thinks I must be pregnant, but it would be an immaculate conception. Back to slimfast tommorow and just hope this doesn't last long and I can go back to normal foods. I actually feel a bit sick today, no other symptoms except the feeling of wanting to vomit (but not actually), I wonder if it's stomach acid or something

My weight fluctuates by 3-4 lbs in a week, and I'm post menopausal. I daily weigh and have learnt how much it can go up and down, wthout me understanding why!

We got fat by eating so need new ways of eating to stay at goal when we get there. Low carb is normal food for me now. The thing I like about keto is eating well while losing weight. I hope you find a way to eat that suits you.

My weight fluctuates by 3-4 lbs in a week, and I'm post menopausal. I daily weigh and have learnt how much it can go up and down, wthout me understanding why!

We got fat by eating so need new ways of eating to stay at goal when we get there. Low carb is normal food for me now. The thing I like about keto is eating well while losing weight. I hope you find a way to eat that suits you.
Normally I'd I stick to anything 100% the weight comes off, I just get really bored with it and de motivated when the weight loss starts slowing down. I've never had this problem of being unable to loose initial weight though. I'm just going to hope I'm ill and it's going to pass and I'll be able to lose again

It's weigh day and although I've gone up and down by 7lb this week, today on weigh day I've only gained 1lb. Maybe I really should just weigh once a week, but then again, if I weighed on the day I was 7lb up I may give up the diet completely and sulk.
Still gutted I am still going up. 21lb to lose now before Xmas, never gonna happen

It seems (fingers crossed, touch wood) that whatever weird weight gaining disease I had has passed. I managed to lose 1lb Fri and despite having a bratwurst and pretzel and 2 and a half pints of cider at oktoberfest last night, I've still lost another 1lb today as well. Fingers crossed it doesn't show up tomorrow instead. I definitely feel more motivated to stay on track now I know I'm loosing again...yay

Well I decided to swap over to slimming world as I'm having a lot of trouble with slimfast and calorie counting and I'm always starving with no results on the scales to show for it. 23.3lb today which is just ridiculous, 7lb on this week, I mean I did have a kebab that was naughty, but not 7lb naughty *sigh*
So from tommorow I should be back on here counting my syns. Even considering joining a group if I can't get this off by myself

It's the glycogen and water that puts the "weight" on. If you eat more than your body needs, the excess is stored as glycogen by our clever bodies getting ready for the next famine. Each gram of glycogen brings 4g of water with it. If you eat less carby choices within SW, you'll soon have that off.

Good luck!

Starting to run out of food in the house because its Thursday and I get my asda delivery today. So I've had
Bacon on 1 piece of toast for breakfast (heb) with brown sauce (2syns)
Lunch I had a bowl of left over scouse, not sure of the syns, but I think gravy is the only thing in I synful
Dinner will be homemade burgers from the latest SW mag, but as I don't like beef mince I make mine with pork usually, 6syns for bread and 5 for mayo (I don't have any light mayo in) and some cheese (hea)
And I had a packet of discos 7.5syns

Total 20syns (really need to get that light mayo lol)

Last edited:
I've just had a flick through your diary, always looking for inspiration myself, Sorry you've had such a rough time of it over the past year. I think all these lockdowns etc have had a big toll on everyone, one way or another.

I think you need to remind yourself more often how far you've come, it might be a struggle at the moment, but you've lost over 8stone!

I'd suggest ignoring the crazy fluctuations and just pick one plan and stick to it until Xmas. Don't jump plan because of a gain just stick with it and see. Enjoy your burgers :)

I'd suggest ignoring the crazy fluctuations and just pick one plan and stick to it until Xmas. Don't jump plan because of a gain just stick with it and see. Enjoy your burgers :)
I swapped because I know I can't stick to low calorie right now as I'm becoming unmotivated and that makes me hungry and that leads to binge eating. I need a plan that allows unlimited something.....anything lol

22.13 today, sigh of relief to be back under 23, that was scary for a day.
Breakfast:- I had left over pork patties with some cheese (hea) on a bun (heb) with some mayo (5syns)
Lunch:- Salad with hard boiled egg and some mayo (5syns), really really need that light mayo lol, I hate dry salad though, so can't go without.
Dinner: - Chicken Chickpea Curry from the SW mag. My kids aren't a big fan of meat dishes though, so instead of 4 chicken breasts I replace it with 2 chicken breasts and some cubed potatos instead, so it's a chicken and potato curry.

Last edited:
Yesterday I had some bacon and egg for breakfast and went to work. I totally forgot to take my lunch with me, left it on the side, so rather than go to the cafe that sells only cakes and biscuits, I just had two coffees, but I was starving by the time I got home and the kids were complaining they were hungry too. All the dinners I had planned for the next few days take about an hour or more and everything else is still frozen, so I caved and made corned beef hash, sausages and beans and I ate about my weight in potatos. A can of corned beef is 11 syns and it went between 5 people, but three are kids so I'm gonna call it 4syns for me. Sausages are 3 syns each, so 12syns for me. I also had some rhubarb and yoghurt with a bit of sugar for my pudding. So I may or may not be within my syns for yesterday. Probably not, but not far off. Glad I only work once a month haha.

Back