fly.like.a.bird's weight loss diary

Hi guys!

I'm trying to lose weight for my summer holiday next year, mainly because I want to be able to wear a bikini without sucking my stomach in and feeling self-conscious! I have been on weight watchers for nearly 3 weeks and have lost 3lb. It's not as bad as I originally thought but I do have trouble resisting snacks:cry:

I currently weigh 11st 5lb (starting weight was 11st 8lb) and hope to weigh somewhere near 9.5st by next summer. This may be difficult because I am naturally big-boned and tall but as long as I feel happy and comfortable, I'll settle with anything :)

At the moment I swim for an hour, 3 times a week, cycle for about 1.5 hours a week and aim to walk for 20 mins most days. Since I feel I could lose more weight, I intend to start running. I have tried before and failed lol but this time I hope to gain support from people on here! I'm also going to keep a training log to motivate myself.

I'll keep you updated, thanks for reading :) xxx

I've just been on my first run. I alternated between walking and running (simply coz I couldn't run for more than 2 mins!) and in total did 6 mins. I know that's naff but I couldn't do any more than that. I felt like my head and chest were going to explode!

Hopefully I can manage 7 minutes tomorrow :sigh:

xxx

Last night I was craving something sweet, preferably chocolate raisins (i even dreamt about them!) Luckily I was at my boyfriend's and he wouldn't let me go out and get some :-( So i settled for 3 of his chips instead. It's so hard sometimes watching him eat what he wants grrrrr! Ahh well I'll just have to keep going lol

I had my usual 2 weetabix with a tsp of sugar each for breakfast and a banana to help fill me up. I can't manage without my vimto so I compromised and had sugar-free :)

My step target is 10,000 steps a day (I used the new nintendo DS game; Active health with carole vorderman, where she sets calorie and step targets) which is going to be hard to reach. Swimming is the best way to reach my target as 45mins of swimming equals 12,800 steps according to the game. If I don't swim, I have to do an afford lot of walking, more than I'm used to anyway lol They say you should do 10,000 steps everyday to keep healthy, I don't know how you're supposed to find the time. I go back to uni in late september and will also be getting a job so god knows how I will meet my step targets! I would swim everyday but being a student I can't afford it!

My new aim is to drink eight glasses of water a day which is approx. 2 litres I think? I'll go and brainstorm some ideas on how to meet my step target :(

speak soon xxx

Back