Folic Acid while on the CD diet

Discussion in 'Pregnancy Without The Pounds' started by ang_newc, 20 September 2010 Social URL.

1. ang_newc

ang_newc New Member

Hi, can anyone tell me if you can take folic acid while on the cambridge diet?

2. Avatar

MiniMins.com Matched Content

3. Cookie_monster

Cookie_monster Mum to two!

Start Weight:
    14st6lb
    Current Weight:
    13st9lb
    Goal Weight:
    12st4lb
    Lost(%):
    0st11lb(5.45%)
    Diet:
    Slimming World.
    Ummmmm. I would say you HAVE to take folic acid regardless of if youre trying to lose a few pounds. I'd be more concerned of the affects of not taking it than worrying about my weight. I'd take a pregnancy multivitamin if you're attempting a low calorie diet or youll be lacking major nutrients in no time.xx

4. bajoleth

bajoleth Gold Member

Start Weight:
    14st4lb
    Current Weight:
    11st9lb
    Goal Weight:
    10st0lb
    Lost(%):
    2st9lb(18.5%)
    Diet:
    JUDDD
    Yep I have to agree Folic Acid is not an 'optional extra' when you are trying to conceive and in the first 12 weeks of pregnancy.

5. ilovelife

ilovelife Wishing and hoping!

folic acid is very important to take regardless of any diet you are on during your pregnancy

6. emmaleonie1984

emmaleonie1984 Full Member

Diet:
    Slimminworld
    hiya sorry for butting in I agree with the other posters if you are actively ttc then take folic acid but my baby was a suprise and I didnt take it till i found out i was pregnant at 6 weeks and my baby is fine. Just take it as soon as you find out you were pregnant x

7. Summerskye

Summerskye Gold Member

Start Weight:
    18st11lb
    Current Weight:
    12st4lb
    Goal Weight:
    11st7lb
    Lost(%):
    6st7lb(34.6%)
    Badges:
    Maintainer
    Diet:
    Cambridge Weight Plan
    As far as I'm aware taking folic acid when you're trying to conceive is fine when you're doing Cambridge Weight Plan.

Of course when you are pregnant, it's not advisable to do Cambridge at all.

Good luck with both :)

Popular Forums
  1. MiniMins.com is a weight loss support community helping each other on their weight loss journey. We have a multitude of forums, from Slimming World and Exante, to Success Stories. Click the logo at the top right to return to the forum home page at any time.