Food and Feelings of an Undereater

MrsF16

Ok, so I thought I would add my food diary and feelings from the very start of my journey so I, and others, can see where I'm doing well and where I'm doing bad! I'm always on green days as a veggie!

I'm an under eater normally, so food intake on a normal day would quite often be a bowl of cornflakes, a bag of crisps and then a chip butty or noodles from the chinese!

Day 1

Free Foods
baked beans in tomato sauce
Mullerlight Smooth Yogurt, Toffee
potatoes
apples x 2
orange

Healthy Extras
a 250ml semi-skimmed milk

b 2 Weetabix/Weetabix Gold
b Charming chocolate & orange hi fi bar

Syns
Express Golden Vegetable Rice, ambient 2
Flora Buttery 5
Total Syns7

"exercise" - Walked to polling station (20 mins total)

Right now I feel ridiculously stuffed full and I still need to eat the Orange and one of the apples listed above!!!!

I have literally had to force food into myself today because obviously I normally wouldnt eat this much over the course of 2 days, let alone 1!!! But looking at it written down it doesn't seem like very much for a grown up person!! heehehe

Last edited:
I went to bed, and woke up with, a very full and crampy stomach :( Im hoping today I won't feel so uncomfortable by bedtime.

Day 2!

I feel a lot less uncomfortable than I did this time yesterday, and I have been feeling hungry, which is unusual and I think a sign that my body is sorting itself out!

Free Foods
Mullerlight Vanilla Yogurt Sprinkled with Dark Chocolate
Cucumber
tomatoes
lettuce
spring onions
potatoes
eggs
apples

Healthy Extras

b Tuna

Syns
Dressing, Salad cream 2½
Real Mayonnaise 5½
Real Mayonnaise 5½
Total Syns13½

"exercise" - weekly shop around Tesco ( I would normally do online!)

My Mayo sins were just down to poor planning, I could have used Light mayo if I had it in, but I didnt and I was really hungry so used it for my Tuna Pasta.
Other than that Im pretty pleased with my food today :D

Last edited:
Day 3!

Free Foods
dried pasta, all types including low carb
Mullerlight Orange Yogurt Sprinkled with Dark Chocolate
eggs
mango
melon, all varieties
Quorn mince
mushrooms
onions
tomatoes

Healthy Extras
b 57g of any wholemeal bread

Syns
Flora Margarine, Light 2½
Sugar, white 1
Dressing, Tomato puree 2
Cheese, basic, Cheddar 6
Total Syns11½

Definitely feeling less bloated than I have done for months and months, so now only look 3 months pregnant rather than 6! Not as hungry today as I have been the past couple of days, so I have had to be careful not to slip back to old ways and made sure I had all 3 meals. Will prob have some fruit later tonight, maybe a crunchy apple!

Last edited:
Day 4!

Free Foods
Quorn Fillets
potatoes
garden peas
carrots
lettuce
tomatoes
cucumber
spring onions
eggs
Pepsi Max

Healthy Extras

b Charming chocolate & orange

Syns
Light Reduced Calorie Mayonnaise 2
Dressing, Salad cream 2½
Gravy granules, made as directed, no fat added 5
Irresistible Yorkshires, 12 pack, frozen 3
Sugar, white, 1 level tsp 1
Total Syns13½

Stayed under my syns, just, but to be honest the roast dinner wasn't worth the 10 syns it added up to :( I'm not sure about the gravy really as I use it to cook Quorn fillets in, and it mostly evaporates in the oven, but I have counted the full syns for the amount I put into the dish to cook them. Feel a bit peeved off that I "wasted" so many syns, so I will need to find another way to cook the Quorn to make sure it isnt dry and inedible. Maybe stock?

Last edited:
Day 5!

Free Foods
potatoes
apples
bananas

Healthy Extras

B 2 Mini Babybel Cheeses

Syns
Express Golden Vegetable Rice, ambient 2
Total Syns4½

Ahhh, Im under syns...... I need to eat something bad.. I hate being in this situation because I hate having to eat something naughty when I dont really want it. I might go for a hifi bar later....

Day 6!

Free Foods
apples
satsumas
potatoes
Quorn pieces

Healthy Extras

Syns
Soup, Canned, standard, vegetable 6
Flora Margarine, Light 1
Count on Us, Vanilla Yogurt ½
Sugar, white 2
Total Syns 9½

I've had rubbish day today, and was really tempted not to cook and order a takeaway, but someone reminded me not to let person who upset me ruin my aims. So, I made jacket potato, quorn sausages and beans. I dont think I have eaten enough free foods today either. Weigh-In tomorrow, so I will be super good all day so I can have a treat afterwards (something within my syns though!)

A terrible day yesterday, I had my first WI and only lost 1lb in my first week :( havent posted food diary form yesterday because I was being a stroppy little madam!! lol So here's todays food diary

Day 8!

Free Foods
cucumber
eggs
bananas
lettuce
tomatoes
Mullerlight

Healthy Extras
b 113g tuna, canned in brine

Syns
fudge tart 20
Light Reduced Calorie Mayonnaise 4

Total Syns 24

I had lunch at my sons school today, hence the Fudge Tart. I dont know how many syns it was and there's no way I could find out what was in it, so I've just said 20 to take me over my syns for the day. I planned to have the fudge tart (it was that or a sugared doughnut) and I haven't written off the rest of the day because of it. I've stuck to plan the rest of the time so I dont count it as a slip up, more of a planned choice!

Day 9

Free Foods
dried pasta, all types including low carb
Noodles, dried, plain, all types
grapes
mushrooms
onions
apples
tomatoes

Healthy Extras a 250ml semi-skimmed milk
b 2 Alpen Light Cereal Bars, 21g bar, all varieties

Syns
Cheese, basic, Cheddar 6
Total Syns6
An odd day today because went to the pub with work at lunch time, which meant I didnt have chance to eat lunch per se. Had a diet coke (which I despise!) and had 2 alpen bars and fruit before we left.

I dont feel any thinner, so Im not sure if it's working... I might have to hop on the scales on Sunday to see!!!

Wow, Day 10 already!

Free Foods
cucumber
lettuce
potatoes
eggs
tomatoes
apples

Healthy Extras
a
250ml semi-skimmed milk

Syns
Sugar, white 1
French Fries, all varieties 4½
Total Syns 8

Still not feeling any different, I'm gonna hop on the scales tomorrow morning and see if they tell a different story. Am now dreading Monday and Tuesday when I will be in London and will have no control over my food :/

Last edited:
Back