Food cravings?

YumyMumy

Crawling to the finish!
Hey guys, I restarted LT today and was wondering how you long termers overcome your food cravings. The longest I have managed is 2 1/2 weeks and I really want to go beyond that this time. So far Im coping great but I know how the next few days can be so.... any tips please skinnymins x

Hey guys, I restarted LT today and was wondering how you long termers overcome your food cravings. The longest I have managed is 2 1/2 weeks and I really want to go beyond that this time. So far Im coping great but I know how the next few days can be so.... any tips please skinnymins x

To be honest I still have cravings..But it's all about the will power at the end of the day, The hunger has gone but I still fancy all the bad things, But all I think is if I give in how bad will I feel? So knowing that I am dropping pounds at every weigh in up to date is keeping me from giving in to the temptation! Good luck With you're weight loss :):)

Im not a long termer as such, just started week 6, and I definitely have food cravings, but wuithout feeling hungry! Odd. Suppose thats the way it will stay, but that isnt a problem as I know I wont actually eat anything. The weight loss is far more important to me than a meal!!

Okay thanks guys, fingers crossed for myself hehe xx

Okay thanks guys, fingers crossed for myself hehe xx

You will be fine..It is hard having craving's you will have to give yourself a stern NO!!!! when tempted :D And drink loads of water that seems to be helping me when I feel like I am craving things..Good luck babes! :):)

Oh I get cravings, and for things that normally I might not eat! I dont like salad cream and had a craving for it the other day!

Before I started LT, the things I loved most was gravy, cabbage, carrotts and parsnips and most veg to be honest and I am missing them all now! If I was allowed one meal right now, I would have a gravy chip! But just started 4th week today, I think I can wait till Xmas time for that gravy chip ( as long as I can have mushrooms too ) lol!

I don't feel hungry but I do crave food - not naughty stuff but healthy stuff. I just keep remembering why I am doing this and can I really afford to waste £36 a week and the answer is NO!!!!! I also dream cheat but not often now.

It does get easier to resist but you do need willpower. Set yourself little mini goals that you can attain easily. Or promise yourself little non-food treats after WI on weeks you have stuck to LT 100%. Anything that works for you. One of the girls puts aside £1 for each lb she loses to go towards a new wardrobe when she gets to target!

Good luck hun.

x

Alas I dont crave healthy stuff, just the bad stuff. Having a HUGE craving for sausage and egg sandwiches right now!!

I wanna eat but i drink a black coffee and then think of what i will be like once the weights gone, how happy il be etc and i get through it!

Good luck

Hi!

I have been on TFR for 8 weeks, just going into the 9th and have to say that it does become so much easier. For the first couple of weeks I couldn't cook for my OH and kids because I found just being around proper food too much, however once I lost the association with it (I wasn't hungry and therefore I DO NOT need to eat) I was fine.

I think it all depends on how we got overweight in the first place. I work in an office which involves sitting on my arse all day and eating at odd times. I found that I wasn't hungry during the day, but once I got home at 10:30 I was starving and although what I was eating was 'good food', it was just the wrong time of day. As for dealing with cravings..... I don't really have any, but if something smells nice- I smell it and savour that smell! I know it sounds really weird, but somehow it makes it so much easier and I find that it is all I want. Don't forget that your taste and sense of smell will always be linked so maybe come 3 continuous weeks on TFR and this will be all that you need. xx

Last edited:
Back