Food diaries!

cherrytimmers

mines a skimmed latte
Hey folks! Just wondering if this is correct! I know it seems trivial but I just asked my consultant for another food diary and got told Im not allowed anymore! I've tried a notepad method previously and It just isn't the same and I lose track!
I managed to get one in the end so I can photocopy it but I have to return it blank next week! Surely I'm paying every week to get the support and tools I need to succeed!!

Sounds a bit silly to me, not exactly the most expensive thing in the world eh? - you can download them online. I personally track mine in a spreadsheet but i am a spreadsheet geek lol :p x

I think I'm more shocked that you have to return it....that's outrageous!
I wouldn't take it back out of principal, but then I'm a rebel! Lol

I know some C think that there should come a time when we don't write everything down, but if you find it helps, then she shouldn't deny you a food diary!
Personally, I just type it on my iPad as I eat it and write next to it whether it is a he b or whatever. I never found there was enough room on those diaries!

No never heard of that. When as was at group consultant gave me as many as i wanted. I would contact sw and see what they say. You don't have to name people you can do it ananomously via e mail

I think the SW policy is to only issue them for the first four weeks, the reasoning being that 'normal' people don't log their daily food intake. So you get them for the first few weeks while the money back guarantee is in place, but then you are encouraged not to. That said some consultants do still make them available but is it really so difficult to keep your own note or come up with a simple form yourself? (not expecting a reply as the thread is an old one :) )

In the past when I went to a class I kept a blank one to photocopy but to be honest this time round I bought an A5 Pukka Pad Project Book which has 3 moveable dividers from Morrisons last week for 98p (went back & bought another 3 lol) I have 1st section as my daily food diary, 2nd as a recipe section & 3rd as a syns value list.

I use a ww diary. There great a different page every day marked breakfast lunch tea and snacks and where you put the points i put syns and a page to make notes about exercise and some questions about your week at the end of the 7 days. I wish slimming world would get these in. If you have any friends at ww get them to pick 1 up for you.

I use the my fitness pal app for my food diary. It has a notes section where I log my syns & you can also log exercise etc. Just be careful not to pay too much attention to the calorie goals it sets as calorie counting is not slimming world & so they don't tally together in terms of losses (although it is interesting many days I'm under my allowance & I suppose it can't hurt to have an awareness of calorie intake can it?). The paper diaries are too small for all my food!! x

I do slimming world online so I use the diary tool on there. I think it's available to class members too. It has the full list of healthy extras plus the great syn search so I love it.

I made my own on spreadsheet, I think the ones we get in class are rubbish, they don't have enough room and aren't laid out the way I like it to be, let me know if you want a copy and I'll send you one :)

I made a 'diary' on my laptop, with an added extra of what exercise I do daily..... I just copy & paste it each week.....as others have said would be happy to send it to you if you want to compare & chose what suits you

my C has just been to training, and she told us that they weren't supposed to make them freely available because as patchwork puss says generally people don't record all their food.

There're there as a tool when you're struggling to help you identify where you may be going wrong if your weight loss sloews or stops.

I bet loads of people in class have got spare ones...I know I have!!

Why not start a diary on here? that way, we actually talk back to you and it becomes a social event rather than a logging of food :D I talk about everything BUT SW in my diary, haha xx

I surprised you can't get a spare from your C mine used to give them out freely when i went to classes in 2009, maybe the rules have changed since then, never enough room on the things anyway, i get a pack of ringed notepads and use them.

@Hunca i could do with one them, got 3 pads for diary/syns/recipes and random bits of paper round the house, be good to have it all under one cover.

:)

I'm reallly surprised by your C's attitude. Our C is always encouraging us to write a diary. I'm a group member but I complete the diary on-line on the SW website.

If you've not tried the on-line diary before it's really good. You can get it to remember your favourite foods to make entering information much quicker. It will also calculate syns for you and tell you off when you've gone over! (Actually I lie, it gently reminds you!).

Hope this helps...

I'm reallly surprised by your C's attitude. Our C is always encouraging us to write a diary. I'm a group member but I complete the diary on-line on the SW website.

If you've not tried the on-line diary before it's really good. You can get it to remember your favourite foods to make entering information much quicker. It will also calculate syns for you and tell you off when you've gone over! (Actually I lie, it gently reminds you!).

Hope this helps...

Got to say I agree on this. My old C was always encouraging us to write stuff down if we wanted to as it is easy to 'forget' the odd bit here and there and they do all really add up... Besides, if it wasnt 'normal' to write stuff down why even bother with the online diary? :confused: I can only imagine some C's are too tight to have to provide the diaries as I assume they have to pay for them? But that's what distinguishes betweemn good consultants (that you come back to) and bad ones (that you dont)... :rolleyes:

I'm 7 weeks into the plan and still write everything down, I think i'd easily 'forget' i'd eaten certain things if I didn't. I know I wouldn't be denied a food diary but I always forget to ask so i've done one on my computer now and print it out every week. I still also hand my diary in to my C and she still gives feedback, knowing that she will see what i'm eating every day helps keep me on the straight and narrow or I risk the embarrassment! x

Back