Food diaries!

vanilla_cupcake said:
I made my own on spreadsheet, I think the ones we get in class are rubbish, they don't have enough room and aren't laid out the way I like it to be, let me know if you want a copy and I'll send you one :)

Could you please send this to me, I would love a copy :) X

Hey folks! Just wondering if this is correct! I know it seems trivial but I just asked my consultant for another food diary and got told Im not allowed anymore! I've tried a notepad method previously and It just isn't the same and I lose track!
I managed to get one in the end so I can photocopy it but I have to return it blank next week! Surely I'm paying every week to get the support and tools I need to succeed!!

This is perfectly normal. The food diaries from group are a consultants "tool" - for the first 4 weeks to see how you are doing, if you are getting the hang of the plans, getting enough superfree etc. After that, you'll be given a diary if you are struggling, or if you are a bit stuck or need a hand getting back on track. They should always be given back to the consultant.

SW say it is not normal behaviour to constantly log your food, so they don't encourage it, all you should really have to count is your syns.

You are getting the support and tools you need but food diaries are not one of them. There is an online food diary on the SW website if you want to use it.

I still write out what I eat each week for future reference
even after 44 weeks! It's good to be able to look back and to see when you had a good weight loss week and to be able to see what food you had that week.

I still write out what I eat each week for future reference
even after 44 weeks! It's good to be able to look back and to see when you had a good weight loss week and to be able to see what food you had that week.

Exactly! Ive been doing it over a year an always write down what I eat. It lets me look back on what I had when I had good weeks and keeps plenty of ideas for planning meals ahead. I really dont agree that its "not normal behaviour" to write your food down, Why would they give you permanent access to the online food diary if that was the case? :confused:

cherrytimmers said:
Hey folks! Just wondering if this is correct! I know it seems trivial but I just asked my consultant for another food diary and got told Im not allowed anymore! I've tried a notepad method previously and It just isn't the same and I lose track!
I managed to get one in the end so I can photocopy it but I have to return it blank next week! Surely I'm paying every week to get the support and tools I need to succeed!!

Omg! I couldn't function without my food diary! Each week mine are completed and put into a folder so I can look back on good weeks! I've never heard of anyone being denied a food diary!

last time i did SW i didn't write anything down but i was doing that by myself at home, this time i'm finding it far easier now i'm filling in the online diary. If you're not suppose to fill them in after the 4 weeks them i'm sure the online diary shouldn't be available either. I like being able to look back to see why one week was bad and how i could change it. I think your consultant is wrong to not give you a paper diary, if you want to write it down then you should be able too.

l. I think your consultant is wrong to not give you a paper diary, if you want to write it down then you should be able too.

If you want to write it down then you can do, you can also use the online diary.
The food diary sheet from a consultant is classed as a consultants tool, to help her see why you are struggling and in the early stages of weight loss to make sure you are following the plans okay and not making any obvious mistakes.

Think the poor consultant is getting a bit of bad press here! We are all able to write things down on a piece of paper if we choose to do so.

When I started I bought myself a little a6 notebook and spent 10 mins drawing columns in to list my food and tick for superfree, free, hex (i write a or b in this column) and a syn column. Even in my first few weeks when I used the diaries from my consultant I would write them out from what had gone in my book. Having it with me all the time helped to keep on track (usually!) plus was really handy having it all in one place so if I needed a quick ref for syns on an item ive already worked out syns per portion its there already. X

I asked for and got a 'page per day' diary for Christmas, (they're reduced in Tesco at the mo), I write my food, exercise and anything else including weekly weigh ins.
I have a laminated menu planner, I fill that in and my diary, I tick it off in my diary each day and add any extras.

Last edited:
Years ago i was on a really good roll with slimming world, we had a fab consultant who always gave out diary pages, stickers and cercificates and even soweek fridge magnets. But then she left and the woman who took over was an area manager and what a tight arse, she didnt give anything out, she said as she had to buy it all, but if we really really wanted a certificate she would see if she could get one from someone else, making you feel bad for asking. What a cow, id paid her for the class, so should be entitled to it after all week by week id earned them. I left after 3 weeks of this woman taking over, its these little things that keep us going, a diary, a certificate even a photocopy of a recipe. I wish these consultants would remember when they first started with sw and how little thigs did matter and help. Ive now got a new great group, the c is always handing out diarys or body magic sheets and the girls who help print out recipes or make tasters for class and because there nice i have no intention of leaving even when i get to target.

Back