Food diaries

Spaniel2

At our class this week our consultant said they don't want people to fill in food diaries anymore. Apparently it puts too much pressure on you if you have to write down what you're eating. Has anyone else been told this?

Really? That's interesting as most people would say that the key to consistent success is recording everything.

i don't go to class, I WI in at home so can't comment on consultants and weekly SW updates but I do find that recording everything on my food diary on here really helps keep me on track!x

I couldn't go a day without tracking things. How would you remember? !

Saying this a lot of big looser in our class don't track but I think this is asthey are syn free 90 percent of the time. Using syns for the same drinks/treat at weekends.

Sent from my GT-I9300 using MiniMins.com mobile app

I think it is the general view of SW that after the first four weeks you shouldn't use the food diary. That would be because the aim is normalcy and "normal" people do not record everything they eat and drink. That said consultants will have their own way of approaching it - some may encourage their use and other may advise using them if people are struggling. At the end of the day, do whats right for you. I seldom keep a food diary now but I have been doing it for a good while and its essentially just a way of life now :)

You fill them in for four weeks to get used to the plans and you hand them in for the consultant to see if you need any help.
After that, you will be given one if you are struggling and need help - they are a tool for the consultant to help you.
Im not sure what you need to remember though as really, all you need to think about is your A and B and count to 15 for your syns.
Write things down if you want to, but you shouldn't get them given by a consultant after the first four weeks unless you need help.

At our class this week our consultant said they don't want people to fill in food diaries anymore. Apparently it puts too much pressure on you if you have to write down what you're eating. Has anyone else been told this?
I don't attend group but do keep a diary as helps me keep on track.
Do you want to keep a diary or do you want to try and see how you get on without?

Thanks for all your input! I do find that when keeping a food diary I tend to think about food all the time. I think I'll just keep a note if my syns for a week or two and see how I get on, thanks guys!

I find that I can stick to the plan better if I write things down. Although once I'm comfortable with it I do just record my healthy extras and syns. I can sometimes conveniently forget and go over whereas if I've got them written down that doesn't happen. Whatever works for you.

Sent from my GT-I9195 using MiniMins.com mobile app

I try to track on here but forget. But I remember. Lot in my head and I also plan my food the day before. So I pretty much eat what I planned to eat.

Tracking is fine, if it helps you, the question about consultants giving out food diaries (or not) was the thing I answered.

Our Consultant asks we keep diaries all the time, not just first four weeks but I don't mind, I seem to be obsessed with filling it in to see how I am doing

If I didn't keep track. . Then had a gain I would be lost as to where I went wrong! !

Find it helps and avoids mindless nibbling!

Sent from my GT-I9300 using MiniMins.com mobile app

Back