Food Diary (...and the rest) of a Katerpillar

Katerpillar- don't worry too much about the pitta-I would count it as hex. Your photos are great.:cool: I really think that seeing the pictures helps others to see what great food you can eat on SW. I am drooling here!!

I think I will try the sw doner at the weekend- have to make it when oh not about- he automatically makes faces whan he sees me doing my "diet" food. Always eats it though!

I am hoping that I can get some asda wholemeal pittas smuggled across the border to me on Friday!! Asda is 1 hour drive so I have a friend who does his shopping there on a Friday - and bless him - he usually gets a list every week!
Hope you have a good couple of days !
Sheila

Hey Sheila!
Thanks for stopping by :D
I have started putting pics on because I love to see everyone elses and it helps me when i go back through my diary to choose what I want to eat again!! It also brightens the place up a a bit! :D

The doner is seriously :drool:

My OH is on SW but he loves quite a lot of the stuff I make (even though he is quite fussy!!) He loved the doner and asked if I would make it again the other night! Bonus!

Hope you enjoy and hope your VERY helpful friend does the good deed of getting you the right pitta for your HexB ;)

If the pitta is 8 syns, why don't you count a heb+2 syns?

Thanks kibou - I think I will leave it synned for now and see how I get on over the weekend syn-wise ;) Always good to have a contingency plan!!! :D

I'm sure you'll be fine syn-wise with the amazing 1 syn lager!!
I'm now absolutely gutted I don't like lager (thinking post-pregnancy obviously!), why does wine have to be so so high in syns??

Well done at Bootcamp - you are a strong woman to get up and outside into the freezing cold that time in the morning!

I know - I would usually much rather a glass of wine too but I do love lager as well so was very pleased with this revelation!! :D

Friday 4th March - Extra Easy (I think, maybe Green?)

Breakfast - Banana and 2 plums

Lunch - Speed soup, 2 slices of WM bread (HexB) with Flora Light (2 syns), Strawberry Muller light and an apple

Tea - Undecided - will be trying one of the 1syn lagers with it whatever I have!

Healthy Extras
A -
B - 2 slices of WM bread

Total syns - 2 + 2 (milk in coffee) + 2 (lagers) = 6

Total syns for the week - 63/105

I have just been trying to plan my meals for the weekend and started to get really nervous! This is my first ever real shot at a 100% week and I'm nearly there! Pretty sure I can get through today with no problems - it's the weekend that is staring at me with big FEED ME eyes waiting to gobble me up!!! :17729:

Tomorrow morning I am up early for Bootcamp and then home for a mega quick shower and straight to hair dressers for about 3 hours and then directly on to get my nails done (can you tell it's pay weekend!! ;) ) So, I MUST prepare some food tonight to make sure I don't get to 1pm and think I am STARVING and end up in Greggs!!! :confused:

So, I'm thinking I should probably make something 'brunchy' that I can eat in the hairdressers - maybe a sandwich of some description and maybe take some cereal bars!

Then on Sunday we are going to a Christening - cue copious amounts of alcohol and my biggest fear of all - the dreaded buffet!!!! :argh: I am food demon around buffets - they have always been my downfall! I feel like I should eat as much as I possibly can for as long as I can - plate after plate piled high! I'm REALLY worried! :( I feel stronger, I feel so much more in control than I have ever felt - but I have not had to face my fear as yet!!! Sounds absolutely ridiculous I know it does!!! But I'm terrified I'm going to get there and think sod it - and eating my face off!!

So, to start with I have decided to be the nominated driver! If I was to have a drink my resolve would dwindle with every sip I took - of that I am sure! So - the safest option (at this point in my SW journey) is to not have any!! 1 or 2 drinks in the house is fine but out with friends all day drinking = massive syns and also = hungry belly!!
The foody part is going to be slightly harder - do I take something with me? Do I eat a lot before I go? Or do I attempt to pick out the SW friendly bits from the table and try to avoid the minefields whilst hoping my willpower holds its own? I will be having a long think today as to what the best solution is - I will let you know my thoughts later!!! Fingers crossed I don't just dive head first into a table of scotch eggs, cheese, mayo-laden sandwiches and scoff the lot!!!! :cross: :cross: :cross:

First of all kat, you have had a fabby week so far and whatever happens at the weekend is not going to undo all that hard work.

I also really really REALLY believe that you can complete the whole week 100%.

I would suggest nipping away from Boot Camp a wee bit early and getting a proper, filling breakfast down you before you head to the hairdressers. If not, then yes, take nice snacks to munch on while you're there.
Why not promise yourself something that you consider a 'treat' for when you emerge all beautified and starving, but syn it. So a pie if that's what you want (no idea if that's possible within a day's syns..) or a chocolate bar or something ? Then you'll get that naughty splurge feeling but actually it is all under control.
And also plan a nice big homemade meal for Saturday evening so you will have that to look forward to all day which will help stop you drifting towards the cake shop.....

Sunday I would recommend trying to choose some of the more SW-friendly options, but take tiny platefuls at a time and wait as long as you can between platefuls. Then really weigh up if you're actually hungry for another plateful or not...

Personally I hate a buffet, I can't help but imagine all the grubby mitts that have been touching the food before it arrives on the table (I'm sure they're all very hygienic catering staff, but it still creeps me out), so if it helps imagine that ;)

I have faith in you, and imagine that each plateful of food at that buffet will need an extra session of bootcamp to get rid of.. That should put you off the scotch eggs!!

I've got a 4 pack of 1 syn lager in the fridge ready to go tonight as well. Can't quite believe it can be true, but hey, bottoms up :)

Thank you!! Your advice and kind words are MUCH appreciated!!!!!

I know I can do it! I can, I can. I can! It's just daunting as it is my first proper test!!! I'm glad I've made the decision to drive even though everyone is asking me why, saying I'm boring etc. Whatever! :rolleyes:

I think I will make a tuna salad sandwich tonight to take to the hairdressers with me - there we go see - plans already! :D

Thank you again for spurring me on - I will hopefully be reporting my 100% weekend on Monday! I will bear in the mind the grubby fingers and think dirt, dirt, dirt and see how that works!!! :D :D

Have a good one :)

Hi hun!

Firastly - way to go you with your 100% days :D Reading other people doing them really does inspire me to keep on at it. Eeeee! :D We can do this- yessss!!

Secondly - don't worry about the pitta, although eek! 8 syns, this is why I steer clear from bread/nans/garlic breads/pittas/wraps. Not only do I not trust myself to only have one :)o) But I never know how to syn them!

I have just been trying to plan my meals for the weekend and started to get really nervous! This is my first ever real shot at a 100% week and I'm nearly there! Pretty sure I can get through today with no problems - it's the weekend that is staring at me with big FEED ME eyes waiting to gobble me up!!! :17729:
do it do it!
When do you weigh in? I'll be rooting for ya :D

Tomorrow morning I am up early for Bootcamp and then home for a mega quick shower and straight to hair dressers for about 3 hours and then directly on to get my nails done (can you tell it's pay weekend!! ;) ) So, I MUST prepare some food tonight to make sure I don't get to 1pm and think I am STARVING and end up in Greggs!!! :confused:
So, I'm thinking I should probably make something 'brunchy' that I can eat in the hairdressers - maybe a sandwich of some description and maybe take some cereal bars!

Then on Sunday we are going to a Christening - cue copious amounts of alcohol and my biggest fear of all - the dreaded buffet!!!! :argh: I am food demon around buffets - they have always been my downfall! I feel like I should eat as much as I possibly can for as long as I can - plate after plate piled high! I'm REALLY worried! :( I feel stronger, I feel so much more in control than I have ever felt - but I have not had to face my fear as yet!!! Sounds absolutely ridiculous I know it does!!! But I'm terrified I'm going to get there and think sod it - and eating my face off!!

So, to start with I have decided to be the nominated driver! If I was to have a drink my resolve would dwindle with every sip I took - of that I am sure! So - the safest option (at this point in my SW journey) is to not have any!! 1 or 2 drinks in the house is fine but out with friends all day drinking = massive syns and also = hungry belly!!
The foody part is going to be slightly harder - do I take something with me? Do I eat a lot before I go? Or do I attempt to pick out the SW friendly bits from the table and try to avoid the minefields whilst hoping my willpower holds its own? I will be having a long think today as to what the best solution is - I will let you know my thoughts later!!! Fingers crossed I don't just dive head first into a table of scotch eggs, cheese, mayo-laden sandwiches and scoff the lot!!!! :cross: :cross: :cross:

wow! I am so glad you are doing what you are doing this weekend!
I shall tell you why :p
Tomorrow morning - nails and hairdressers! Now, the hair dressers is fine, but stupidly the only appointment I could get was at 9am.. I know what happens here - my brain knows it's Satuday and stays in bed.. I quickly get up and shower (because you have to wash your hair before you go to the hairdressers, right?) and run out of the house...without eating ... oppsie! :(.. I then get really hungry (and the hair-dresers only ever make me one cup of tea :eek:) so I get REALLY hungry by about 11am...so tonight I plan to make somethign to take, am thinking maybe mini pizzas or perhaps a fruit salad and some yogurt (I always feel kinda awkward eating in hairdressers though!) anyway, the reason I am definitely going to take some food is because the lady who does my nails, while she is really lovely, she has two small children! Eeek so there are always wotsits/penguins/midget gems and goodness only knows flying round! and when I'm having my fingers and toes done, I cannot cope with 2 hours of that temptation - ha ha ha!

Second point (you'll be getting sick of me soon :p) I'm going to Cambridge straight after to a birthday weekend! :break_diet:
Not good. Not good at all! Like you, have offered to drive us there, and then back.. so will tell evryone 'I can't drink as much as have to drive back in the morning :angel09:

However, I know this will mean just staying later on the Sunday and having bacon sandwiches or somethng :eek:I'm not even thinking about crispy bacon on white bread or anything :rolleyes:

Anyway - the Party is in a house, which means I can't even leave! :eat: :17729:
I am, tonight, going to make cup cakes and vodka jellies - the jellies will be vodka because I don't like vodka (ha ha!) and I'll say I ate some cup cake son the drive down. I'll eat a whole punet of strawberries in the car (instead of sweets) and then.. who knows? I still have no idea.. do i look a little bit crazy (not judging - but I know my friends will judge me :p) taking my own packed lunch, or do I look for sw friendly foods among the buffet.. hmm... let's face it there are not going to be many.

Don't know whether to just flexi syn - allow for x ammount and research the best things I can have for my syns, so to speak.
wow - I'm blabbing - my comment has got huge, so sorry!

In conclusion, good luck this weekend, so glad we're in similiar situations. Not only will we have beautiful hair at weigh in.. but we will see a good loss next week!

I'm now thinking how gutted I will be to have cheated and have to write a depressing cheat post in my diary and then look in here and see you've done so well :rolleyes: .. and how on earth will I feel when I put on from all the drinking and buffet food :17729: when you've had a good loss from your 100% week. :clap:

Oh Kat, you're such a good influence :D

:vibes: :vibes: :vibes:

prawnchopSuey said:
yep yep yep, I like it.... I'll report back here after a 100% weekend if you ladies do too ;)

That's it! Whoo yes we will! Yes we will! x

Katerpillar, prawnchopsuey... Can't believe this - 100% day on Sat and had NO syns at the buffet (just chomped on salad, cous cous I took and a WHOLE sw quiche - to myself ha ha ha!) did drink 12 syns of Bacardi with diet lemonade though and then stuck to lemonade lime and Ice (noone even noticed)!!!

But! Today was literally a 0% day, have to' confess! Knew we were going to American diner for lunch so prepared to flexi syn but - that's all I've had - JUST syns! And one banana! Eeep! Going to tally up now! Sugar sugar sugar!

Elaine! Thank you soooooooo much for your lovely posts! :D :D You really give great support at a much needed time!
Sounds like our weekends were very similar!! How did the hair and nails turn out then? My hair went a little bit ashy and had a slight ‘blue-rinse’ tinge to it to be honest but it seems to be getting back to normal now! I looked like a 90 year old at the Christening on Sunday though!!! :eek:

WELL DONE for your 100% Sat :happy096:– shows real determination on your behalf – especially as you were so convinced you were going to have to flexi-syn all weekend! Massive pat on the back you my love!!!

I hope that you had a good weekend in Cambridge – somewhere I have never been but I have heard it’s a beautiful City!

As far as my weekend goes it went something like this:

Friday night – OH must have wanted to get me off to a bad start as he decided we should go out for our tea! (I need to stop thinking of all these lovely things my poor OH is doing as bad stuff bless him!! :p ) I was ravenous by the time we got there and tempted to order everything off the menu but I thought about you ladies and how I would explain that in my diary and opted for half a roast chicken and swapped the chips for a jacket potato! Yaay! I did have a small glass of red wine with it though – just the 1!

Saturday – went to Bootcamp and then dashed home and dashed out again – forgetting to pick up my cereal bars!!!!! :cry: However, I capitalised on my current strong state of mind (wonder how long it will last) and had a cup of coffee and waited until I got home at 12.30pm for some food! Needless to say I could have eaten a scabby horse!! :) I settled for pasta and sauce and steamed veg with some cooked chicken, Filled the spot nicely – quick and easy!!!
The rest of the day was all on plan too:
Tea – speed soup
Was at work on the night so took my HexB of cereal bars and my HexA of milk and had them there.

Sunday – TEST DAY!

Woke up early and made us a breakfast of WM toast (HexB), mushrooms and scrambled eggs.

Christening was at 11.30am and then straight onto the ‘do’.

The buffet was amazing – our friends had bought and prepared al of the food themselves so no grubby hands unfortunately! However, the food they had bought was fantastic! They had bought a whole salmon and trays of sushi etc so I had a feeling I was going to bo ok(ish!)

Not sure of how many syns or even where to start adding them up but I had:
Salmon
4 bits of sushi
1 triangle (1/4) tuna sandwich in WM bread
Carrot sticks
Cucumber sticks
Pickled onions
3 cubes of cheese
1 tiny bit of chicken pizza

And then one spoonful of my niece’s lemon cheesecake.

I had a couple of diet cokes and couple of soda waters.

When we got back in the house however I was quite naughty and had a hot beef sandwich – on a big white roll! :eek: So I was good(ish) all day and then spoilt in on the night! :eek: Ho-hum!
I wasn’t too disappointed though as I know that the day could have gone a whole lot worse!!! Hopefully I won’t have to face another buffet for a while yet! I will be having one at my 30th birthday party but I will be taking some SW friendly food to that one so that won’t be half as bad!

All in all a reasonably good weekend! - more like 90% than 100% but I can live with that!

Attachments

• brekkkie.jpg
    brekkkie.jpg
    69.1 KB · Views: 39
Last edited:
Monday 7th March – Extra Easy

WEIGH DAY!!! Lost 1lb! :D :D Yay! After Sunday’s night time slip up 1lb will definitely do for me!

Day off! Bliss! Didn’t wake up til 10am.

Breakfast – 2 slices of WM bread (HexB) and half a tin of beans

Lunch – Smash pizza – this was nice but I made the base a bit too soggy! The pieces that I left were much nicer later on once the base had hardened up a little. That was my fault though for piling the passata on!! I used 57g of low fat Mozarella as my HexA.

Tea – Roast beef dinner (as we missed ours on Sunday) – roast beef, broccoli, cauliflower and SW roasties (far too many – carb overload!) and gravy (2 syns)

Snacks – banana, Alpen light (3 syns) and 1 can of Crown lager (1 syn)

Healthy Extras
A - cheese
B - bread

Total syns – 6

Syns for the week – 6/105

Attachments

• pizza.jpg
    pizza.jpg
    89.7 KB · Views: 30
  • pizza slice.jpg
    pizza slice.jpg
    60.8 KB · Views: 24
Last edited:
Tuesday 8th March - Green

Going to try for a red day today due to the massive amounts of carbs I consumed yesterday - FAIL!!!

6.30am – 7.30am – an extra hard Bootcamp!!! :eek:

Breakfast – Banana, 2 Alpen Lights (HexB) and a Strawberry Muller light

Lunch – Cheat Tomato Soup (recipe again half-inched from Mrs Wilsoncroft!!) and 2 slices of WM bread (HexB)
Just realised that my tomatop soup has a tin of baked beans in so this will have to be a Green or EE day! Derrr!!!
Soup was really nice - especially bearing in my mind it took all of 5 minutes (if that!) to make :D

Also had another banana (need to cut down on these!), some strawberries and a satsuma.

Teathink I will have a Jacket Potato, beans and cheese (HExA) and call yet another Green Day (not sure how I would fare with a red day to be honest - it's been a while and I love my carbs!! ) :confused:

I picked and picked and picked last night - some good, some not so good!
I picked at a tiny bit of beef, loads of pickled onions (stinky!) and some extra cheese when grating it for my tea. I will say 6 syns for the lot. No wine for me this week though…….

Healthy Extras
A – Milk in coffee / tea
A - cheese
B – 2 Alpen Light Bars
B - 2 slices of WM bread

Snacks
1/2 choclate biscuit (2.5 syns)

Syns - 2.5 + 6 = 8.5

Total syns for the week - 14.5 / 105

Attachments

• tommy soup.jpg
    tommy soup.jpg
    46.7 KB · Views: 28
  • Jacket Potato.jpg
    Jacket Potato.jpg
    82.7 KB · Views: 25
Last edited:
Katerpillar said:
Elaine! Thank you soooooooo much for your lovely posts! :D :D You really give great support at a much needed time!
Sounds like our weekends were very similar!! How did the hair and nails turn out then? My hair went a little bit ashy and had a slight ‘blue-rinse’ tinge to it to be honest but it seems to be getting back to normal now! I looked like a 90 year old at the Christening on Sunday though!!! :eek:

WELL DONE for your 100% Sat :happy096:– shows real determination on your behalf – especially as you were so convinced you were going to have to flexi-syn all weekend! Massive pat on the back you my love!!!

I hope that you had a good weekend in Cambridge – somewhere I have never been but I have heard it’s a beautiful City!

Heh thanks sugar! My hair kinda went a bit too light at the roots (hate getting it done the day before things etc - it always looks nicer a few days after :p)

Thanks for the support although I could have DEFINITELY made better choices on The Sunday - just crossing everything for a loss on Wed :p

Whooo hooooooooo! Well done for losing another pound! Slinky slinky!!!!!

You did absolutely fan Friday night/sat/sun and deserve it!
I'm telling you I would NOT have been able to resist a hot beef sandwich either - you can actually make them
Yourself? Ha - I'm not a *great* cook, truth be told.

So pleased about your loss hun, it's really spurred me on!!!
Gonna have smash pizza for brunch now - I have got down cooking it to a T! (as well as sw roast potatoes, but of course not at the same time - carb overload :eek:)
Even took mini smash pizzas into group for raster night and everyone loved them :D

Good look for this week xxx

Thank you hun!!! :D

How do you make your pizza un-soggy? Is it to do wih the amount of passata or do you let yours cool when you take it out of the oven?

Back