Food Diary (...and the rest) of a Katerpillar

Thursday 10th Feb - Extra Easy

Breakfast - 2 slices of WM Nible (HexB), butter (3 syns) and 40g Cathedral City Light (HexA)

Lunch - Seafood salad - Lettuce, cucumber, tomatoes, peppers, pickles, red onion, jalepenos, mussels, squid rings, prawns, lemon juice

Tea - WW beef hotpot (4.5 syns) with steamed (microwave) veg (going stright to work II from work I tonight so this may seem like a lazy option but options are limited!!)

Snacks / Extras

Tea - milk - 3 syns
2 x clementines
1 x apple
8 x seafood sticks
Bag of Roast Ox Crisps

3 L of water throughou day!

Total syns = 3 + 4.5 + 3 + 8.5 =19 :(

Yesterday went perfectly to plan until about 9pm when I was stod behind the bar at work and decided to munch my way through a packet of Roast Ox crisps! Awaiting a syn value from the syn section but think I am looking at 8.5 syns for the bag! Were they worth it - of course not - well saying that I toyed with the idea of eating them for about an hour - no, yes, no, yes, no, yes! In the end I think half the bag was worth it the other hald really not! :confused:

I have such a bad, bad, BAD relationship with food - I see it, I eat it! I am very slowly but hopefully very surely getting there! Once I had eaten the crisps I wanted to eat one of the sandwiches we keep behind the bar and pull myself a pint of lager - not because I was hungry but becasuse I am greedy!! So very greedy! - but I didn't - I had 3 pints of soda and fresh lime instead and was up all night going to the loo! :rolleyes:

Sorry for rambling if anyone is actually reading this! This is more of a counselling session than a food diary. I will get on with it now.

Last edited:
Friday 11th February 2011 - Extra Easy

Breakfast - 2 slices of WM Nimble bread (HexB) and spread (3 syns)

Lunch - Seafood salad - same as yesterday

Tea - At work again tonight at very short notice so I will be having Batchelors Beef Rice with steamed veg

Snacks / Extras
Milk in tea (HexA)
Curly Wurly (6)

Syns = 3 + 6 = 9

Going to buy a stockpot from Argos tonight so I can make masses of soup - the saucepan I am currently using is just not cutting the mustard! This new bad boy should be just what the soup kitchen ordered! I might buy a handblender as well so I can blend in the pan rather than the food processor.

Last edited:
Plans.....

Saturday 12th February 2011 - Extra Easy

Bootcamp 8am - 9am

Breakfast - 2 Alpen light bars (HexB)

Lunch - Cheese and broccoli pasta n sauce (I think it's 1 syn - need to check) with a bag of steamed veg stirred in.

Tea - Home made SW Donner Kebab with SW garlic (1 syn) and chilli sauce with Co-op pitta (6 syns) and salad (can't wait to try this!) - was deeeeeeeelightful! Better than I ever expected - the OH was very dubious but once he tasted it he loved it and ate much more than his fair share :rolleyes:
Glass of red wine - 8 syns

Healthy Extras
A - milk in coffees
B - Alpen lights

Total syns - 6 + 1 + 1 + 8 = 16

Sunday 13th February 2011 - Extra Easy

Lunch - Sunday lunch - pork, roast potatoes (done in Actifry), selection of veg, Yorkshire pudding (3 syns), gravy (3 syns)

Tea - Still stuffed of lunch so waited far too long and then had a slice of OH's pizza - going to say 9 syns as I know how bad pizza is! (and that way I can say I am within my daily syn allowance! ;))

Healthy Extras
A - milk in coffees
B - none :eek:

Total syns - 9 + 3 + 3 = 15

Last edited:
Mmm the donner kebab is lovely - I made it a while back. Although me and hubby did manage to eat the whole recipe between us on the night !!

Hi Kat, looks like you're doing really well, one bag of crisps is not a major slip up at all, do not worry yourself about it!
I love my handblender - much handier than getting the big robot out when you just want to whizz up some soup. I also use it to blend fromage frais and frozen yoghurt together in a bowl - so much more likely to have something healthy when it is so quick and not much washing up involved! :)

Hiya Sue - thank you for your reassurance - I make myself feel so guilty sometimes which can often lead to a downhill spiral - but not this time - thankfully! :)

Monday 14th February 2011 - WEIGH DAY!

Happy Valentine's Day people! :bananalove:

Weighed in this morning - lost 3lb and got my half stone award! Woo hoo!

Breakfast - 2 slices of wholemeal bread (HexB) with spread (3 syns) and 4 slices of ham

Lunch - seafood salad - again!

Tea - At work 2 straight from work 1 again tonight (boooooo!) so will be tea on the run - will update as soon as I get myself together! ;)
OK, - lovely OH had made me a steak to eat in the 20 minutes I get before having to dash out to work 2! Bless him! However, he served the steak with half a portion of chips and gravy from the Chinese (arrrrgggghhhh! ) He never goes to this much effort though so I ate them - and they were bloody lovely! The portion wasn't huge so I am going to estimate 10 syns what do you reckon? My book says 18 syns for chippy chips - so for half a portion + gravy?? - OK, 11!

He also bought me chocolates (feeder alert!!) and I ate 3 - 79 cals per chocolate so 4 syns each !!! OMG - 12 syns on 3 measly chocolates! Bloody Valentine's Day! He got me a bottle of wine too but that remains unopened!

Healthy Extras
A - milk in coffee / tea
B - bread

Total syns - 3 + 11 + 12 = 26 :eek:

At work they had a buffet on and my boss think it's hilarious that I'm trying to lose weight for some reason! He is willing me to fail and keeps telling me to get myself a drink and help myself to the chocolates - I had one last week and he loved it! He was over the moon and didn't stop going on about how I'll never manage! He does it in a way though where he pretends to be funny - be he's really not! So last night I was a very good girl (if I can say that after scoffing chips and chocs!) and nothing passed my lips except a diet coke! Ha! :p

Last edited:
Well done on your fab loss Kat!! Keep up the good work!

xxx

Well done on your loss! You deserve it Hun x

Thank you ladies :D :D - I am well chuffed! Was expecting maybe 2lbs so am chuffed with 3! It has really spurred me on to be extra good this week! I'd love to be comfortably back in the size 12's by my birthday!

Tuesday 15th February 2011 - Extra Easy

Today I must be good and try to claw backk some of the damage done yesterday by my OH (I will blame him to make myself feel a little better!!) ;)

1 hour of Bootcamp - 6.30am - 7.30am - INTENSE! She is getting harder on us as the weeks go on!

Breakfast - 2 slice of WM bread (HexB) with spread (3 syns) and 4 slices of ham

Snack (11.30am) - apple

Lunch - the usual - seafood salad - loving this at the minute and it's so quick and easy and FREE! (syn-wise!)

Tea - no work tonight - yaaaaay! So, think I will probably do a chilli tonight - extra lean beef mince, peppers, mushrooms, courgettes, onion, passata, chillies, chilli powder and garlic! YUM! I did the chilli and it was HOT - like REALLY HOT :eek: I think that was due to the chilli seeds I left in! :rolleyes: I still managed to eat it though!!! ;)

Picture of my tea below.

Had a glass of red wine whilst cooking up a storm in the kitchen last night (6 syns) and then just one of the Thornton's chocs that I got off OH - how good am I stopping at just one ha ha!!! :innocent0002: (4 syns)

Healthy Extras
A - milk in coffee
B - bread

Total syns - 3 + 6 + 4 = 13

Attachments

• chilli.jpg
    chilli.jpg
    73.5 KB · Views: 33
Last edited:
Purchased the said stockpot and hand blender last night and made another batch of Spicy Butternut Squash soup last night - you are right PrawnchopSuey it is MUCH easier with the hand bleder!

Ingredients:
I replaced the oliver oil with frylite and used a whole chilli instead of half.

It is lush! :D

So that's my dinner today.

Diary to follow.............

Wednesday 16th February 2011 - Green

Breakfast - nothing :eek: - didn't have time!!!

Lunch - Spicy Butternut Squash Soup with 2 slices of WM bread (HexB) and spread (3 syns)

Tea - Good old SW chips, eggs and beans + tomato ketchup - 3 syns

I made the SW doner kebab again last night for OH as he loves it and I had about 4 slices - I know I should have weighed it - I was a naughty girl - but I am going to use this as my other B

Healthy Extras
A - milk in tea
B - bread
B - SW donner kebab

Total syns - 3 + 3 + 6 = 12

Last edited:
Your soup sounds good, I will keep the recipe to try for when my appetite returns.
I bought myself a hand blender a while back, but it was a Tesco value one and absolutely rubbish (although it was about £3!) so I think I'll need to get myself a better one! Which one have you got?

Oh and don't forget today to have your extra HEXs as you're on green...

It was just a cheapy from Argos - £12.99- and it does the job perfectly well! It's got 3 speeds and is really easy to clean! Happy days!

58-4219048SPA73UC622733M.jpg

and the Stockpot was half price - £5.99 - what a BARGAIN!! :D

363be9377fa469cf5052bdf2950d9f425d693d58.jpg

Last edited:
Thanks, I will keep my eye out!
Good buy on the stock pot too! I've got a fab huge pan I use when I'm batch cooking - it was a freebie when I worked for a pub in uni that closed for refurb... as was our dining table lol!

Thursday 17th February 2011 - Extra Easy

1 hour of Bootcamp - 6.30am - 7.30am

Breakfast - 2 slices of WM bread (HexB) with a tiny smear of spread (2 syns)

Lunch - Left over chilli from Tuesday.

EDIT: ate my lunch at 11ish :eek: - now starving again! (slight exaggeration - but there was mnimal amount of chilli!) Best go and get something before I get too hungry - we all know what happens then!!!! - had an apple and a Muller Light

Tea - OH is taking me out for out Valentine's meal as I was working on Monday night. I'm not sure where we are going so am going Extra Easy and saving most of my syns.

So, we went out for our meal and it was bloody lush! I tried to be as good a SW'er as I possibly could and I had

Starter: none (we don't generally do starters anymore as we prefer to enjoy our main course
Main: - Rib eye steak and I swapped the chips for veg. I asked the waitress to make sure the veg wasn't swimming in butter or anything and she said they cooked the veg in butter water so I have no idea how many sysn that would be?? (will guesstimate 3) (picture of food attached at bottom - the picture really doesn't do it justice at all - it tasted beautiful)
OH had chips with his and I ate 3 of them (8 syns? - they were big fat ones!)
Dessert: - I had 2 mouthfuls of OH's lemon sorbet (syns?? - would really be a total guess but I will say 5??)

I had 2 medium glasses of red wine (12 syns)

So around 28 syns - I'm not going to worry myself about it at all though - it was beautiful and we hadn't been out for ages so it was WELL worth it!

When we got back we took the dogs for a long walk and we stopped in the local on the way back - we both had a pint - except mine was of soda water and fresh lime!! :D :D

Healthy Extras
A - Milk in Tea
B - Bread

Total syns - 2 + 28 = 30

Attachments

• Steak.jpg
    Steak.jpg
    81.6 KB · Views: 28
Last edited:
I like your style Sarah - love feeebies! :D

Back