Food diary of a chunky girl

My Persian chicken stew, yum yum!

Attachments

• image-1401257860.jpg
    image-1401257860.jpg
    44.9 KB · Views: 39
I've been taken out for lunch by my new work to a Thai restaurant, which was very nice of them. I was planning to have a salad but when I got there the only thing in the lunch menu which was gluten free was the Thai green curry. I believe it very very high in syns!

I wish I could say I have a good rest of the day planned so I could make it up but I'm going to a Gordon Ramsey restaurant tonight so I definitely won't!

Oh well, a day for flexi syns I guess?

X

hello you, well it was WI for me today, 2.5lbs down which is good, am pleased becuase I wasn't totally committed this week. Dont' worry about today, back on it tomorrow girly, flexy sinning is good. I'm not advocating you weigh regularly, so don't get excited! :p but I've bought some Weight Watcher's sclaes from argos, they were half price and seem pretty accurate, don't know if this helps oh and they are cute looking too!

The persian stew looks nice, whats in it?

Food plan for the week?

Well done Loho, 8.5lbs already! You really are doing very well. You'll be at your target in no time. What plan are you doing?

The persian stew is chicken coated in a mixture of tumeric and paprika, browned and then added to a slow cooker with onions, stock, garlic and cooked for hours with spinach added at the end. It is very yummy and its lovely to come home from work with a hot and tasty meal ready for you.

My plan for the coming week is:-

Sat D - Bolognese bake with broccoli
Sun L -Bolognese bake with broccoli

Sun D - Green masala chicken
Mon L - Chilli soup
D - Green masala chicken
Tues L - Chilli soup
D - Butternut squash and pancetta lasagne (I am entertaining)
Weds L - Carrot and ginger soup
D - Turkey and butternut curry
Thurs L -Carrot and ginger soup
D - Turkey and butternut curry

Breakfasts will be a roll, ham or mackeral, with tomato and some fruit.

Em x

Now I'll pop Thursday's food on but it was not a very good day!!!!!!!!!

Breakfast - mackeral bap
Lunch - thai green curry (syns 20??)
Snack - sugarsnap peas
Dinner - gluten free bread and butter, smoked duck with asian coleslaw, followed by sea bream, new potatoes and broadbeans (I think it was the best thing on the menu syn wise) 1/2 bottle of wine. Followed by a cocktail at the Dorchester (oh dear....)

I'm not even going to try to add up the syns, but it wasn't good!

Friday - a red day to try and make up for yesterday
B - bacon roll with sliced tomatoes
Snack - pear
Lunch - leek and bacon soup, sugarsnap peas and carrots
Dinner - Persian chicken stew with spinach
Gin and slim line tonic (2.5 syns)
Hot milk

HEXA - milk
Hexb - roll
Syns - 2.5
Exercise - none - I will get back on it tomorrow
Superfree - 7 (must try better)

Em x

Hello you! I'm doing extra easy, and I love it. The first goal is my ten percent and the final target is about another 8 stone after that! so I may be here for some time! lol I might try to stew this week, I love slow cooker food its great, nothing better than walking in from work to a foody smelling house!!!

Did you get your scales? I bought the Zumba Fitness game for the Wii so am gonna try that this week me thinks!

hows your weekend going? Doing ok?

Extra easy is great isn't it? I throw a red day in occasionally for a bit of a boost but I couldn't stick to it all the time. Do you go to group?
I think it is a really good idea to break your target down into smaller ones. I need to lose another 1.5-2 stones after my first stone and a half but it seems a bit daunting when you look at that much weight all together doesn't it?
I love my slow cooker! I got it for Christmas and when I am working late it is so nice to know that I have a tasty meal waiting for me. It helps me to stop going for the snickers bars!
Well done on the zumba. I've got myself a rosemary connelly book which I am trying (and failing) to do most days. My Dad had the book years ago and I seem to remember it being quite good.
I hope you've got a good day planned. I was woken up early by a car beeping its horn early outside my flat so am feeling very tired. Tiredness is a trigger point for me being naughty so I will need to make sure I stick to plan today.

xx

Saturday's food:
Breakfast - fried egg roll (waiting for my shopping & I had no superfree in the house)
Snack - Cadbury light mousse (3 syns) meringue (2.5 syns)
Lunch - mackerel fillet, superspeed tomato soup
Dinner - bolognese bake (includes mince, bacon, onion, tomato, red pepper, spinach, pasta, cheese)& rocket. Banana, yoghurt
4 x gins (10 syns)

HEXA - cheese
HEXB- roll
Syns - 15.5
Exercise - none, need to rectify
Superfree - 6 (I'm trying for closer to 10)

Attachments

• image-4229864168.jpg
    image-4229864168.jpg
    57.4 KB · Views: 43
Well today hasn't been a great day, but I've stuck more or less to plan so I'm not too annoyed with myself. Tiredness is my weak point & I have been quite weary today.

Sunday's food :-
Breakfast - pancakes with nectarine, banana & honey (1 syn). Bacon roll.
Snack - meringues (5 syns)
Lunch - bolognese bake (with loads of veg in it), cheese with rocket.
Snack - muller, banana, Cadbury mousse (3 syns)
Dinner - green masala chicken with carrot salad. Meringues (5 syns)

HEXA - cheese
HEXB - roll
Syns - 14
Superfree - 8
Exercise - rosemary C day 4

After a day like this I think it's useful to remember why I want to lose weight (& therefore why I don't want to stuff my face)
1. So I don't feel so self conscious.
2. So I feel healthier.
3. So I have more energy.
4. So I can wear the clothes I want.
5. To get the confidence to start dating again.

And that's why I shall be sticking to plan tomorrow

Today I am feeling pretty good, I've stick to the plan for four weeks now & I am pretty pleased with myself. I can definitely feel a difference & although I haven't lost loads of weight I feel happy with my journey so far.

Hopefully I will have a good WI tomorrow to help me keep up the positive thinking.

Today's food:
Breakfast - bacon & tomato roll
Snack - pear
Lunch - chilli soup
Snack - grapes, sugarsnap peas, plum
Dinner - green masala chicken, rice, carrot & cucumber salad
Eton mess (eaten in bed watching sex & the city, very decadent & 5 syns)

HEXA - none
HEXB - roll
Syns - 5
Superfree - 10
Exercise - rosemary c day 5

Attachments

• image-600271649.jpg
    image-600271649.jpg
    51.8 KB · Views: 38
After an excellent start to the day it has been a rather lazy one. I'm feeling really tired, I'm not sure why. I might get myself some iron tomorrow.

Todays food :
Breakfast - tomato & ham roll
Snack - plums
Lunch - chilli soup (I popped an extra bit of rice in it to fill me up in my tired state), followed by malteasers (9.5 syns & worth every bit)
Snack - cadbury mousse (3 syns)
Dinner - crab, sugarsnaps, noodles, chilli dressing. Nectarine, Cadbury mousse (3 syns)

HEXA - none
HEXB - roll
Syns - 15.5
Exercise - walking up escalators, missed rosemary C due to too much chatting on the phone!

I've bought new scales today. I hope I'm not heavier on these! X x

Today's food:

Breakfast - muller & a banana
Snack - plums & sugarsnaps
Lunch - noodles, crab, sugarsnaps
Snack - plums, fudge (5.5 syns), honey (1 syn)
Dinner - butternut squash, bacon, cheese

HEXA - cheese
HEXB - none
Syns - 6.5 syns
Superfree - 4
Exercise - rosemary c day 6

hello you! sounds like you're doing goo overall missy, keep it up! :) any more hair on the horizon?

Hey Loho,

Im feeling pretty positive about it all at the moment. In more or less on track (well less actually but only a lb). I'm also quite enjoying my new all be it limited exercise regime.

How are you doing? You were doing really well last time I looked but I'm on my iPhone so I can't see your tracker.

On the hair front it's getting there. Every time I look there are a few more hairs. I've even found my first grey hair, which I was still very excited about! I think it will probably take longer to come back than I originally thought but it's all progress.

I hope you have a lovely weekend. Have you got nice plans?
X

Back