Food diary of a newbie!!!

LizzieB78

Hi all

Day 1 today on SW -and I'm hoping that posting a food diary on here will keep me motivated and on track!

Please feel free to add any tips/advice along the way... As a newbie to the plan, all help gratefully accepted as not sure if I'm eating too much, but i guess time will tell!!!

Thanks for looking!! :)

xx

EE day

A - 875ml Blue Diamond unsweetened almond Milk
B - 2 weetabix (well, the tescos own brand wheat biscuits!!)

Breakfast - 2 weetabix (B) with banana and milk from A choice

Snack - grapes, carrot sticks, boiled egg

Lunch - Batchelors low fat chilli chicken super noodles and salad plus 1/3 tin of beans

snack - tin of morrisons mackerel in spicy tomato sauce & cherry tomatoes

Dinner - Chilli (made with extra lean mince, veg, passata & spices), boiled rice

Evening - walkers crisps from multipack, 6 1/2 syns, options sachet, 2 syns

Here to follow x

Hi Emmaline,

Yes I did join last year, but I am a newbie to SW, have managed to lose about 3 stone over the last year, but going to use SW to try and get the last stone and a half off as I a now struggling and the pounds are starting to creep back on...

Anyway, here is how today is shaping up...

A - 875ml almond milk (for cereal/tea/coffee)
B- 2 weetabix

Brekkie - 2 weetabix, banana and milk from A (think this is going to be a regular thing!!0

Lunch - Jacket potato, tin of Heinz Fiery chilli flavour baked beans, salad, and mango chunks (large pack of!!!) for pudding

Mid afternoon - 2 plums and a spicy sweet & sour mug shotz

Dinner - prawns, onion and pepper in half a jar of Uncle Ben's Sweet & sour sauce light (6 1/2 syns) with boiled rice and stir fryed veg (from a pack!!)

Probably a muller light and options sachet for 2 syns too!!

xx

Well so far, today is shaping up to be much the same as yesterday -- up to lunchtime the only change is Heinz BBQ beans instead of Fiery chilli beans!

Dinner tonight will be Linda Mccartney red onion & rosemary Sausages, mash, peas, carrots & gravy (I am allowing 4.5 syns for 300ml gravy - made from granules).

A bit of advice would be welcome here as unintentionally I seem to be having all green free food - so can I have a green day and an extra H Ex B?

Thanks

xx

Hi LIzzie

Well you seem to be managing better than me!

I am not so good yet at the syns part as I have not really planned enough and only have the basic three meals stuff in my kitchen at the moment. How do you like the almond milk stuff? Is it ok in tea and coffee? I must say I liked the Karo (now coco? milk) but cannot always afford it. I am pleased to see that the Sainsbury's basics noodles in 'chicken' or curry flavours are not bad - 2.5 syns each. I do tend to live on them when I run out of other things!

I bought some kitchen scales but I really need a model that goes down to snaller amount such as 1.4 oz rather than have to work it out. I obviously got the wrong one. It is so easy to not realise how much ceereal I am actually eating. If it looks a decent amount - it is too much!!!

I actually really like the almond milk and find it really nice in tea, but especially in coffee and have even been using what I have left at the end of the day to make a nice mug of milky coffee - and its lovely! Plus I got it on offer in Tesco for £1.09 so stocked up!

Still trying to get to grips with the syns, but having a look at everyone else's food diary definitely helps with ideas.

I am trying to plan my meals in advance, and do the shopping just for what I need - and I found mug shotz in my local home bargains for 33p each so stocked up on them!

xx

Thank you, Yes, I am hoping that this diary will keep me going as I can't get to a class and am doing it online, but it seems a bit lonely so hoping to get support and inspiration on here - so far so good!!

Bit of a last minute addition to yesterday - 5 pink panther wafer biscuits - 5 syns, totalling 14 11/2 yesterday! Plus since yesterday I am back on steroid tablets so my appetite will go through the roof - but am going going to stick with free foods when I get the urge to munch!

so here goes for today....

A - 875 ml of my almond milk
B - 2 weetabix

Breakfast -as usual - weetaix with banana and milk from A

late morning snack - some ham, tesco everyday value chunky chicken and gherkins

Lunch - 3 Linda Mccartney red onion and rosemary sausages (I really think these have to be the nicest sausages ever, think I could eat them every day!!!), with bacon, scrambled egg, tin of tomatoes and mushrooms.

Pm snack - sweet & sour mug shot, plums

Dinner - Asda hot & spicy chicken, Aynsley Harriott roasted vegetable cous cous (2.5 syns per pack), baby corn and green beans

Not sure how I will use he rest o my syns, but maybe for a bar of chocolate later!!! Any recomendations around 8 -10 syns??!!!

Thanks

xxx

Thank you, Yes, I am hoping that this diary will keep me going as I can't get to a class and am doing it online, but it seems a bit lonely so hoping to get support and inspiration on here - so far so good!!

Bit of a last minute addition to yesterday - 5 pink panther wafer biscuits - 5 syns, totalling 14 11/2 yesterday! Plus since yesterday I am back on steroid tablets so my appetite will go through the roof - but am going going to stick with free foods when I get the urge to munch!

so here goes for today....

A - 875 ml of my almond milk
B - 2 weetabix

Breakfast -as usual - weetaix with banana and milk from A

late morning snack - some ham, tesco everyday value chunky chicken and gherkins

Lunch - 3 Linda Mccartney red onion and rosemary sausages (I really think these have to be the nicest sausages ever, think I could eat them every day!!!), with bacon, scrambled egg, tin of tomatoes and mushrooms.

Pm snack - sweet & sour mug shot, plums

Dinner - Asda hot & spicy chicken, Aynsley Harriott roasted vegetable cous cous (2.5 syns per pack), baby corn and green beans

Not sure how I will use he rest o my syns, but maybe for a bar of chocolate later!!! Any recomendations around 8 -10 syns??!!!

Thanks

xxx

Hey subscribing, where do u buy the Linda McCartney sausages from? Chilled or frozen? I've heard a few people say these are nice x

So here goes for today -

A - 875ml Almond Milk (blue diamond unsweetedned!!)
B - 2 weetabix

B - My usual - weetabix, banana and milk from A, but i am finding this keeps me full and stops me snacking all morning.

L - Tesco Vegetable Quarter pounder ( 6 syns) Batchelors Savoury Golden rice and brocolli

Snacks - pickled gherkins (yum!!!) , sweet & sour mug shot, plum,

Dinner - Chilli con carne with boiled rice, sw chips and salad followed by an activia fat free vanilla yogurt

Eve snack will prob be a packet of walkers crisps for 6 1/2 syns

xx

Back