food diary of a student

Emzy22

heya all so I thought i would start a food diary seeings as i'm just about to do my last year at university, so stressful times ahead, and i just figured it may keep me on track and hopefully if you guys dont mind reading my stuff i can get some hints and tips on things im doing wrong, hope you've all had a good day=)

ok so today i got up late so i had like a brunch type thing of
2 slices of toast (HeX b) with half a tin of beans 3 grilled tomatoes and 3 spring onions

then i met my friend for coffee and had a starbucks medium coffee light frap so thats my syns for the day

dinner i had: a bag of mixed stir fry veg (cooked in fry light) with some quorn pieces chucked in and a jacket potatoe on the side. pudding was 5 plums and a banana

i've also just had another banana because i was a bit peckish

my heA goes on all the tea i have throughout the day:)

night nightsxxxx

Hi ya,
What plan are you following??
With only 1x HEA and 1x HEB i am presuming your doing EE.
But it doesn't strike me as you have had ENOUGH food today. The food you have had today has been all GREEN foods, so you could have had another HEA and HEB choice.
Your starbucks coffee
Starbucks Frappucino Blended Coffee, Light 1 grande

6½ Syns on Extra Easy Original 6½ Syns Green 6½ Syns

so infact you could have had upto 8.5 more syns

heya=) is that really all there is in a starbucks frap? omg thats awesome i am off to get a curly wurly out the fridge! yer i do EE, just becuase it's cheaper to not buy more to have another HeA or HeB choice. Do you think there is anything i should add in? thank you sooo much for your feedback lovely:)and seriosuly well done on getting to your target=D!xxx

Hi ya. Yeah the largest light frap coffee was 7.5syns.
Are you veggie??

Having 2 HEA/ 2 HEB doesnt need to be more expensive. The EE means you can have more meat and carbs in the same day.
The green option is mostly carbs ( pasta/ rice/ Potato) and red option mainly meat and fish. the EE allows you to eat both, but for it to work there must be 1/3 superfree a day.

There are lots of things you can have as A/B choices if you stick to GREEN. Pasta and potato meals are cheap and filling.

Do you have a weekly food budget to stick too??

thank you for reinforming me on the coffee syn, i enjoyed a bit of chocolate last night after i read it=D
i'm not a veggie, but because meat and fish is quite pricey i pretty much am on a veggies diet if that makes sense? my food budget is about £10-£12 pounds a week, but your right i may switch to green days and fill up on potatoes and things because they are cheap, thank you so much for your advice hun=)

So thanks to *honey amazing advice i've gone for a green day today=)!

Breakfast: bowl of bran flakes (HEB) and skimmed milk (HEA) with a cuppa tea (HEA for milk) and a bannah

Lunch: 2 slices of toast (HEB) with peanut butter (4 syns) a large salad on the side

Dinner: big portion of brocolli and SW chips with gravy (2 syns)

other syns:
Curly wurly (i think its 8 syns)

will use up the rest of my HEA milk this evening for tea=)

so i'm back home with my parents for a week which is lovely, but always find it a bit harder to keep on track when i'm at home because there is always yummy things in the house, so hopefully this food diary will keep me on the straight and narrow. i had weigh in today aswel, lost 1/2 which is in the right direction if nothing else, want to do 1-2 pounds next week though if possible!

So because i was travelling home today my food diary isn't going to be great but will be back on track tomorrow

HEA= skimmed milk used in my tea
HEB= 2 slices of WW bread
Syns= x2 Kellogg's Honey & Nut Crunchy Nut Clusters 28g= 13 syns
Cadbury Highlights Hot Chocolate Drink= 2 syns
TOTAL SYNS= 15

Brunchy time = toast with marmite a banana and 2 cups of tea

Dinner = stir fry: packet of Asdas stir fry crunchy veg with soy sauce and 2 chopped up quorn sausage with fat free nat yog mixed with the highlights dry powder hot choc for pudding

evening snacks= 2 cups of tea, an apple, crunchy nut

For following GREEN your still needing to have 2x HEA and 2x HEB. It also strikes me that your not eating enough! compared to me...lol or at least each meal doesnt look very filling eg toast wouldn't keep me satisfied for the 'cost' of syns or HEB

What sorts of meals to you like? are you fussy or will you eat anything? would you like to include meat just the cost putting you off??
How good are your cooking skills?
re budget can you spend it on a monthly basis? so £40 to £48 a month rather than £10 a week??
have you got access to a freezer?
sorry for all the Q's!
I love planning...lol... i'm a freak lol
so thought i would be able to come up with some costed meals that are SW friendly and in budget, but better than toast, or broccoli and chips and gravy! just need some info to base my ideas on...

things like.........
cottage pie, spag bol, pasta dishes, currys, stews, soups, fishcakes,
A lot of things can be bought in the 'value' range in tescos and if you can budget monthly it will save money.

To do Red and Green days you can have up to 2 healthy As and 2 Bs but you don't have to have them, SW only recommends you have them to make sure you're having a balanced diet.

Emzy, I've just graduated so have been cooking on a tight budget for over three years now. I found a great way of getting superfree foods in was to bulk cook veggie and bean chillis, curries, stews and soups. These are all super cheap and a way of eating a variety of foods, also winter is coming up so big bowls of warm food like this will be great for keeping you full and satisfied. It does look like you generally don't eat much during the day but then bulk up on your evening meal, but I guess this is fine as long as you're not feeling starving all day :) I'm rubbish at getting myself breakfast so I often have brunch instead!

Good luck!

Back