Food Doctor

year2teacher

Hi there,

I just joined up yesterday after having looked through the posts for a while. Does anyone here do the Food Doctor plan?

I had a little search but nothing much came up.

I'm really enjoying it myself, carb cravings have gone and I'm eating much smaller portions. All good generally!

Good luck to the rest of you :)

xxx

Hi and welcome to the forum. I have one of Ian Marber's books. The principles are all Gi/GL so keep posting here, sharing your own knowledge and getting any help here too. It's good that you have settled into it. Keep posting as it will help keep you motivated. Set up a ticker as well as it helps when you see it moving.

How are you getting on on the food doctor plan? Let us know how you are doing!

Hey!

Thanks for your reply Irish Molly :)

It's all going well thank you - next weigh in is tomorrow so we'll see how it goes but I'm pretty confident that I'll lose! Fingers crossed anyway! I did go to a wedding on Saturday and drank far too much, but food wise I was good. Hopefully the rest of the week will balance any naughtiness out!

xxx

Well despite the huge amount of champagne and mojitos that I drank on Saturday, I have lost 1 1/2lb this week, so that's 13lb in 3 weeks, not too shoddy! Good luck everyone else :)

xxx

Oh wow!! Great result. Well done to you.
Roll on next weigh in and roll off another pound or two.

How are you doing? Did you have a loss this week? Let us know how you are doing.

Hi everyone,

I put on last week as I had my hen do and the weekend and drank and ate lots! However I was straight back on it on Monday last week and lost 6lbs this week. Totally embracing the food doctor lifestyle! Monday was a bit tricky as I had lots of carbs at the weekend so the cravings were hard on Monday but now I'm back to normal :).

Hope everyone else is doing well too!

xxx

Ah that is marvellous!!! What a loss! GL really rocks doesn't it. I have one of Ian marber's books. It has some nice recipes in it.
I bet the hen weekend was great. Well done for getting straight back on the wagon.

I know it's really changed my way of eating completely :)

I'm seeing it more as changing the way I eat rather than a short term diet, although of course I have my short term goal of looking good in my wedding dress! I have my fitting next week so fingers crossed for another couple of pounds this week.

I've also been trying to follow the principles of Ian's plan more too, as opposed to just following the recipes. This helps me see it as more long term.

I made fajitas the other day for dinner but used lettuce instead of tortilla wraps; it was fab and I didn't feel like I was missing out even though my future husband had them.

Have a good week everyone :) xxx

I love the attitude of GL being for life. I am completely sold on thinking that way. On GL foods I never ever feel deprived or that I am on a diet. I have just discovered loads of lovely new foods. Do I miss the stodge and how it made me feel? Not in the least.
I'm sure you will be a stunner on your wedding day. Keep at it hon.

Back