Food flask

Principessa N

Minimins Addict
What do you put in yours?
i've tried pasta'n'sauce and it just goes mushy the only other think i can think of is a stew (i hate soup)
Any ideas? my fiance bought it for me and is moaning cos i never use it.

i haven't tried this myself but someone says you can put batchelors savoury rice in straight from the packet, pour the boiling water into the flask, stir and leave and, when you open the flask at lunch time, it's cooked.

you also could try only part-cooking the pasta n sauce before putting it in.

ooo rice is a good idea thanks, tried pasta n sauce, raw, part cooked and fully cooked and they all turn out a mushy tasteless mess

I tried savoury rice and the pasta and they both came out mushy. Trying to think of uses for it other than keeping food hot. xxx

I put in pasta n sauce and boiling water from the kettle in the flask 10 minutes before I want to eat it. You don't need as much water as when youcook it on the hob. Works much better than leaving it in all morning cos as you say - nasty, slimey mess.

For other ideas how about chilli or curry? I think you need something with a fair amount of sauce as I've found it doesn't keep hot otherwise.

I sometimes microwave a can of vegetable lasagne to put in mine. You could also put in a can of baked beans with some quorn sausage chopped up. I've used it with leftover homemade pasta and sauce, the pasta is a little on the soft side, but certainly edible!

Back