1. You can now easily put an SW award in your signature/posts like a smilie. Just look for the SW award tab after you tap on the smilie face.
    Dismiss Notice

Food flask

Discussion in 'Slimming World' started by Principessa N, 30 April 2009 Social URL.

1. Principessa N

Principessa N Minimins Addict

Diet:
    Anything
    What do you put in yours?
    i've tried pasta'n'sauce and it just goes mushy the only other think i can think of is a stew (i hate soup)
    Any ideas? my fiance bought it for me and is moaning cos i never use it.

2. Avatar

MiniMins.com Matched Content

Register a free account with MiniMins and join in the conversation!
  3. Karenlou

Karenlou Gold Member

i haven't tried this myself but someone says you can put batchelors savoury rice in straight from the packet, pour the boiling water into the flask, stir and leave and, when you open the flask at lunch time, it's cooked.

you also could try only part-cooking the pasta n sauce before putting it in.

4. Principessa N

Principessa N Minimins Addict

Diet:
    Anything
    ooo rice is a good idea thanks, tried pasta n sauce, raw, part cooked and fully cooked and they all turn out a mushy tasteless mess

5. loobylou

loobylou Reached Target. woohoo

Start Weight:
    14st0lb
    Current Weight:
    9st4lb
    Goal Weight:
    9st7lb
    Lost(%):
    4st10lb(33.67%)
    Diet:
    Slimming World
    I tried savoury rice and the pasta and they both came out mushy. Trying to think of uses for it other than keeping food hot. xxx

6. metrognome

metrognome is getting better at it

Start Weight:
    17st10lb
    Current Weight:
    15st3lb
    Goal Weight:
    9st0lb
    Lost(%):
    2st7lb(14.11%)
    Diet:
    slimming world
    i put chilli and rice in mine or spaghetti bolognese, chunky stews
    karen

7. Circes

Circes Strutting her stuff

Start Weight:
    17st12lb
    Current Weight:
    10st7lb
    Lost(%):
    7st5lb(41.2%)
    Badges:
    Maintainer
    Diet:
    Slimming World
    I put in pasta n sauce and boiling water from the kettle in the flask 10 minutes before I want to eat it. You don't need as much water as when youcook it on the hob. Works much better than leaving it in all morning cos as you say - nasty, slimey mess.

For other ideas how about chilli or curry? I think you need something with a fair amount of sauce as I've found it doesn't keep hot otherwise.

8. dehli

dehli Silver Member

Start Weight:
    13st9lb
    Current Weight:
    12st3lb
    Goal Weight:
    10st0lb
    Lost(%):
    1st6lb(10.47%)
    Diet:
    slimming world
    I sometimes microwave a can of vegetable lasagne to put in mine. You could also put in a can of baked beans with some quorn sausage chopped up. I've used it with leftover homemade pasta and sauce, the pasta is a little on the soft side, but certainly edible!