• Upgrades have been completed! Including conversations, 😁😎🏀⚾⚽ Emojis and more.. Read more

food - has this happened to anyone else?

C: 18st3lb G: 12st0lb BMI: 37.7
Hi, I have just restarted SS after gaining all my weight and more:cry:

Just like last time, I have become obsessed with food. Not for me but for others. I spend hours cooking for the family and actually enjoy going to the supermarket. Before starting the diet I would have said I would have done everything to avoid food.

Has anyone else done the same since starting SS?

Get Rid of this ad and join in on the conversation for free today! Tap here!

Zoe.D

loving life
S: 22st3lb C: 11st7lb G: 11st7lb BMI: 27.6 Loss: 10st10lb(48.23%)
Hi, I loved to cook for the family before cd and on it and found it quite theraputic. I have read quite alot of people say the same on here to. The other thing is loving cooking programmes lol. I think it's a good thing to do and show's determination, strength and will power. Good luck with your journey xx.

Ellie

S: 20st12lb C: 20st12lb G: 11st0lb BMI: 50.1 Loss: 0st0lb(0%)
You're not alone, I'm a bit like that as well. I enjoy cooking for my family (most of the time) and that's not changed since I started CD. The only thing I have had to watch is not tasting as I'm cooking, this was part of how I ended up so overweight - grated cheeese for the pie, grated cheese for me and so on! I have continued to sit down with the family to eat each evening I have my chilli soup (eaten from a bowl with a spoon) and I've not been tempted by what they are eating :)

Oh my gosh! I thought i was the only one! I have become obsessed with cooking for my partner, I think the prep and smell of food really helps me. He told me off the other day saying i was trying to fatten him up becuase i feed him so often! lol :eek:

lool im a feeder to! Iv started baking! made lemon drizzle cake,fairy cakes, tried to make homemade bread lol i make "proper" food too lol i love it!

Camille

Silver Member
S: 20st7lb C: 17st6lb G: 15st7lb Loss: 3st1lb(14.98%)
Yep me too love cooking for the family & I'm obsessed with cookery programs, Come Dine With me being my fave!! I think in a strange way not eating the yummy food I make has made food not threatening!

S: 18st2lb C: 17st4lb G: 13st12lb BMI: 31.1 Loss: 0st12lb(4.72%)
When I started CD I became hooked on cookery programmes... I was already into e.g. Hairy Bikers on BBC2 or whatever but I found I was starting to hunt out foody stuff on those Sky channels like Watch and Food TV or whatever lol

sumayyah

please try again
S: 23st6lb C: 17st7lb G: 9st0lb BMI: 44.8 Loss: 5st13lb(25.3%)
my frezzer suggests i like cooking for them

i spend HOURS looking for recipies online to test out on them, have also been baking cakes, even took one round to an ex when he asked if i would go visit him, lol

Eternalflame

Excited about the new me!
S: 16st6.5lb C: 15st9lb G: 9st10lb BMI: 34.3 Loss: 0st11.5lb(4.99%)
The things that make us feel better about ourselves could be the key here. I love cooking and feel by continuing to do that for the family, watching them enjoy it, makes me feel good. Most of all, that I can be strict and have something different for me. The thought if I could have that .. but I won't!! Its motivating isn't it? The feel good factor, we all need it, lol. xx

Surfhunny

Laugh in the face of food
S: 17st11lb C: 14st9lb G: 12st0lb BMI: 32.1 Loss: 3st2lb(17.67%)
Ha ha me too, I have become the worst feeder ever! I also do something much worse, fortunately my friends are used to it.... I sniff food. It makes me feel better in an odd sort of way. I don't necessarily want to eat the food, but the smell just satisfies me. I'm crackers right?

stokegal

Silver Member
S: 21st0lb C: 18st13lb G: 10st0lb Loss: 2st1lb(9.86%)
I'm a feeder too - my other half and son have never eaten so much - the only thing I can't cook for them is toast in the morning - if I ever end up going on a full on binge (which I wont) it would be over toast - I could easily eat a full loaf, slight exageration, lol