food intolerances

colly strings

ooh la la
hi all

i have recently found out i'm intolerant to gluten, dairy, artificial sweeteners among other things including eggs, pork, the list just goes on and on and on...

i'm concentrating on my big players first before tackling anything else- so i am now dairy, gluten, artificial sweetener, wheat oats rye and barley free!

just wondered if anyone else is in the same boat and can share hints and tips about a sustainable and affordable lifestyle avoiding certain foods :) and also give heads up on bargains to be found etc.

the last bargain i found was the free from.. range at sainsburys, their chilli con carne/spanish meatballs etc are down to £1! the chilli is lovely in a baked potato or with soya nachos if you need a quick fix, and its low in cals too :)

and for anyone who has an inkling they might be intolerant to certain foods def get tested- i noticed an almost instant difference in how much bloating i lost and lost half a stone in my first week INCLUDING having home made chocolate cakes at the weekend! i am really getting behind the idea that its not just about the cals you eat (of course thats an issue) but also figuring out what your body is struggling to cope with. of all things i am very intolerant of GRAPES! i thought i was doing myself a favour by eating raisins regularly!

They do say (whoever they are) that most of us would be allergic to/intolerant of at least one thing if we actually got tested out properly.

I often wonder if I've some sort of wheat intolerance as bread/pasta etc. makes me really bloated. Not that I get to eat much bread or pasta nowadays (cutting out those naughty carbs ;))

I'm allergic to lactose, the main replacements I use are Pure soya butter, and alpro soya milk but I've given up trying to replace cheese, it's i m p o s s i b l e

They do say (whoever they are) that most of us would be allergic to/intolerant of at least one thing if we actually got tested out properly.

I often wonder if I've some sort of wheat intolerance as bread/pasta etc. makes me really bloated. Not that I get to eat much bread or pasta nowadays (cutting out those naughty carbs ;))

yeah as soon as i stopped with the bread and stuff my work trousers became loose! like within 3/4 days. i dont miss it much either :)

I have an intolerance to onion, leek, and tomatos. It's a pain!

i feel your pain a little, im meant to avoid onions but its too hard to along with everything else i have to avoid. how bads your reaction if you decide to have those things?

I'm allergic to lactose, the main replacements I use are Pure soya butter, and alpro soya milk but I've given up trying to replace cheese, it's i m p o s s i b l e

have you tried the st helens goat products? m+ s do sheeps milk halloumi and also goats milk soft cheese both of which are lovely. alpro soya yoghurts chocolate flavour are really tasty :) x

hi, i have been dairy and lactose free my whole life, anything u want or need just ask

hi all

i have recently found out i'm intolerant to gluten, dairy, artificial sweeteners among other things including eggs, pork, the list just goes on and on and on...

Who diagnosed you? I only ask because these days there is quite a number of poorly-qualified, self-styled 'nutritionists' around who have a tendency of diagnosing pretty much everyone who comes to them with gluten and dairy intolerances, when in fact few people really have such intolerances.

Unless you were diagnosed by a medical professional I would take this diagnosis with a pinch of salt (if you're not salt intolerant, that is!).

I have a high intolerance to wheat...its horrible when I have anything nowadays i become really really bloated and suffer terrible cramps and loose stools or constipation.
I have to check the labels for everything as wheat is in almost everything. The free from ranges are great. Asda's pasta is definetly the best. It just takes a lot of getting used to. If i can help you with anything just let me know.

Back