Food.. its soooo last year..12 pesky pounds till goal :D

Hey Kirstin,

I don't know if I am imagining it but I feel my body is close to having enough and it wants protein. I have never been like this before and don't know if it is just my head as I am getting closer or whether it is my body.

I reckon its your head Mel, similar thing happened to me back at end of Jan - don't listen to it!! I was craving chicken salads all the time if you remember and look what happened, i went from chicken to allsorts!!!

20 days to go

Weight the same today, will stop weighing myself daily I think over next few days, since its nearly the end of my second week back ss'ing.

Didn't go for a run yesterday in the end, have no excuses other than I felt so damn hungry yesterday, if I had ran I really don't think I would have stuck to SS. Would have made me hungrier. I just want this weight off now, I really need to start introducing some carbs in order for my running to improve. I can't add any mileage on at the moment, my energy is running out at the 3mile (4mile if I am lucky) mark. I have a five mile race on May day and I really need to be at goal and doing a WW stylee diet to get me down to 9 1/2 or 10 stone.

Was going to run this morning, but calf is stiffer in the morning, so will go after my last appointment this afternoon, just hope my soon to be freshly washed, conditioned and shiny hair (just about to jump in bath), won't look too bad afterwards as I have a date tonight (really don't want to have to wash it twice in one day, as then I have to straighten it twice and it knackers it up!)

Pretty certain i'm back in ketosis judging by taste and grotty mouth, feel sure the two glasses of wine I had Sunday night took me out of ketosis and made me feel hungry yesterday. So fingers crossed I am better today.

SO frustrating these last pounds, made even more so by the fact that I really do need to have some carbs in my diet, driving me mad, but i won't stop I have to get to goal! Having said that by payday (a week before the race) I may stop the SS'ing then, I should be into the 10's by then and would have a week to eat some carbs for energy. I need to find out one of my old WW diet books assuming I still have them, but if not I'm sure I have Rosemary Conley book somewhere, the diet is irrelevant really, it just needs to get me eating healthly and still losing weight, but whilst giving me enough energy to burn running!

Weight the same today, will stop weighing myself daily I think over next few days, since its nearly the end of my second week back ss'ing.

Didn't go for a run yesterday in the end, have no excuses other than I felt so damn hungry yesterday, if I had ran I really don't think I would have stuck to SS. Would have made me hungrier. I just want this weight off now, I really need to start introducing some carbs in order for my running to improve. I can't add any mileage on at the moment, my energy is running out at the 3mile (4mile if I am lucky) mark. I have a five mile race on May day and I really need to be at goal and doing a WW stylee diet to get me down to 9 1/2 or 10 stone.

Was going to run this morning, but calf is stiffer in the morning, so will go after my last appointment this afternoon, just hope my soon to be freshly washed, conditioned and shiny hair (just about to jump in bath), won't look too bad afterwards as I have a date tonight (really don't want to have to wash it twice in one day, as then I have to straighten it twice and it knackers it up!)

Pretty certain i'm back in ketosis judging by taste and grotty mouth, feel sure the two glasses of wine I had Sunday night took me out of ketosis and made me feel hungry yesterday. So fingers crossed I am better today.

SO frustrating these last pounds, made even more so by the fact that I really do need to have some carbs in my diet, driving me mad, but i won't stop I have to get to goal! Having said that by payday (a week before the race) I may stop the SS'ing then, I should be into the 10's by then and would have a week to eat some carbs for energy. I need to find out one of my old WW diet books assuming I still have them, but if not I'm sure I have Rosemary Conley book somewhere, the diet is irrelevant really, it just needs to get me eating healthly and still losing weight, but whilst giving me enough energy to burn running!

I've got an archive of diet books that I can loan/give you hun if you can't find them.

I've got an archive of diet books that I can loan/give you hun if you can't find them.

Cheers me dears, I def have the rosemary conley jeans diet or whatever it was called, so may have a look at that one... will let u know if i don't like it. I threw all my others.. had millions! All dieters do don't they lol!

BTW u need a more upbeat ticker... a tortoise really isn't very motivational now is it!

Hiya,

Totally understand you feeling hungry if you do all that running. Better as you say to crack one thing at a time, finish SS'ing then a healthy diet to give you the energy for running. I am about to buy some Low GI/GL cookery books I think as my way forward.

Yes I agree, I don't understand why I am getting cravings for protein just now but I hope this week to have under a stone to go before I AAM then 790 so it isn't worth giving in. :) The feeling is strong though ! Just don't know where it has come from - scarey :eek:

Do you do the ketostix tests to tell if you are in ketosis ? It would drive me bananas not being able to know for sure. Control freak that I am - he he :D

Do you do the ketostix tests to tell if you are in ketosis ? It would drive me bananas not being able to know for sure. Control freak that I am - he he :D

No I used to, but then I ran out and never stocked up again.. i just judge by dodgy gob in the morning!! I generally assume that if i have had wine then i'm out of ketosis.. of course in my angellic period up until January I never cheated so I figured I was always in ketosis.

Sounds like you'll defo be well into the 10s before you start that first race.

Thanks for dropping by Chelle.. I really hope I am in the 10's soon.. I'm getting v impatient (all my own fault of course - i should just have got the last stone out of the way back at end of January when I fell off the wagon!)

I may be knocking one of the half marathons on the head, the great north run.... It is two weeks after the marathon and people tell me you need a day recovery for every race mile ran... which means I need 26 days to recover from the marathon... maybe a half, two weeks later, isn't one of my better ideas :doh:

Thanks for dropping by Chelle.. I really hope I am in the 10's soon.. I'm getting v impatient (all my own fault of course - i should just have got the last stone out of the way back at end of January when I fell off the wagon!)

I may be knocking one of the half marathons on the head, the great north run.... It is two weeks after the marathon and people tell me you need a day recovery for every race mile ran... which means I need 26 days to recover from the marathon... maybe a half, two weeks later, isn't one of my better ideas :doh:

Hey hun,
I really think u will definately be in the 10s before u kno it - just got a feeling!
Hmm, don't talk to me about falling off the wagon!!! I've fallen so much that the wagon isn't a wagon anymore and has entered the 21st century, and is now a motorbike lol

I kno what u mean about needing carbs for working out. Have been to the gym 4 times in the last 9 days, and going from somone who does NO exericse to that is a real change of pace that I'm not yet used to. I'm soo tired and in need of (good) carbs after working out, so I don't kno how u're surviving on ssing whilst training!! Just be careful and listen to ur body.
Definately sounds like 2 maratons was a bit ambitious, but even if u just do the one, thats a brilliant achievement already!!

Hope all is well!!

Much love, chelle xx

Cheers me dears, I def have the rosemary conley jeans diet or whatever it was called, so may have a look at that one... will let u know if i don't like it. I threw all my others.. had millions! All dieters do don't they lol!

BTW u need a more upbeat ticker... a tortoise really isn't very motivational now is it!
But I am plodding!! Anyway - A centipede isn't exactly a whippet or a hare young lady!!!

:D

19 days to go... unless i bring target down a bit due to carbs need!

Weigh in today.. after thinking I would try and resist the scales.. 11stone 5lbs!!! :clap: SO 5lbs to go till i'm BMI 25... although realistically due to skintness I have to stick to diet for next week anyway!

Date went very well last night... third date..... so erm was okay that he stopped .. wasn't it?! Seeing him again either thurs or Sunday, dependent on whether I have cash to get to Portsmouth for Trivium gig on Thursday.. if I don't then will see him (his suggestion)...

Never ran yesterday, think my motivation to get out the door is lacking too when not on carbs! I do intend to go today.. actually feel like one now, but got some work to catch up on before taking car in for service.. will go out at some point this afternoon if I can get away, looks like it will be nice day, calf still stiff every morning, but sure I can manage a slow easy run.

OMG, your soo lucky, only 5lbs till normal BMI,,,oooohhh i'm soooo jealous,,ha ha,,well a little bit jealous, but happy for ya all the same, you've worked hard and you deserve it LOL :)

Gutted

Been out for a run today, my first since I hurt my calf last Friday... I still can't run!! Warmed up and stretched first, slight twinge but I have that every morning anyway, set off on run, felt great physically, gorgeous weather, thought i'd just run slow to make sure I didn't strain my calf.. and after 3 mins, it became painful again, stopped and stretched.. ran a bit further, got to half mile point and then knew if I carried on the same thing that happened on Friday would happen again, so I had to stop stretch and walk back :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry:

Its so unbelievably annoying!!!! So guess I will be doing some training at the gym for the time being and avoiding running for a few days.. I just want it to get better :(

PS weight today still the same as yesterday

Important decision to aid injury healing and running!

Have spent afternoon resting my leg sunbathing (any excuse!). Whilst doing it I read all my old sports nutrition books to find out why my calf muscle isn't healing.. well it got better, but then got worse as soon as I ran.

Anyway the books say that Protein is the most important thing in the diet for fixing dodgy muscles. Normally 50-70g of protein are recommended but in a person who trains regularly they should have 80g plus.

I get 43g in my shakes, and it goes on to say that anyone on a low calorie or low carb diet suffers further, as the body burns the protein to compensate for not being able to burn carbs, and then when that runs out it burns the muscle and fat store. The diet of course has never been a problem for me at all, have had plenty of energy and I certainly wouldn't normally think of coming off it. But I do need to heal and I do need to up my training.

So the plan is to AAM for the next few days whilst I am healing, I can't run anyway, so no point in coming off the diet totally! I may have a little bit more than the recommended amount of chicken on AAM purely because the amount allowed wouldn't really make any difference! But I am going to stick to the guidelines on the protein to have. I am also going to have salads - the ones recommended, although probably mainly spinach based!! Because spinach is full of antioxidants and iron etc.. also useful when healing or training.

Will see how I feel in a weeks time, If I am still not running then I will continue with AAM, if I am able to run again and the 5lbs has gone then I will probably start GI diet to lose the last stone. Benefit of doing AAM now is it gives me some control over food before I go back to eating it to lose my final stone.

Off to shops now to stock up on food! Since my house is always food free!

Hey hun

Sorry to hear ur leg is playing up - but glad to hear u're resting it. For what its worth, I think u're doing the right thing to start AAM and definately think this'll help ur recovery.

Hope it gets better soon!! If not, more sunbathing is called for!!!

Much love, chelle xx

Hey Chelle

Its a pain in the arse, was gorgeous day for running today.. and I actually felt all motivated and keen to get on with it! But nevermind.. just ate chicken - v full now.. but maybe it will get to work on my leg lol

Hows ur healthy eating going?

Kx

16 days to go

Weight has stayed the same for last couple of days.

My calf muscle feels much better now. Went to the gym yesterday and did 40 mins on the hill program on the bike and then 1000m row (using just arms - I want nice shoulder definition!) and then did some weights for toning. As soon as I left I noticed I was walking properly, I'd been limping slightly before I got there! Today I've been for a 30minute swim - would have carried on but I hate it when it gets crowded in my lane - I get lottie's lane rage! Anyway felt really good when I got out the pool, steam room finished me off... not sure why the steam room depletes energy???? I go in feeling okay and come out feeling like I can barely take another step let alone get changed!

Will see how my calf feels in the morning, may just do gym tomorrow morning rather than a run, i could maybe do a 5 min run on treadmill as it will be low impact and see how it feels.

Date went very well on Thursday night... was erm "exercising" until gone 4am... :p So yesterday I was particularly shattered after only about 2 1/2 hours sleep! Wide awake now though.. seeing him again tomorrow night .. will be 5th date and i'm not bored yet!

Right sun is beckoning.... can't believe i have white bits in april (very very tiny g string white bit... got to make the most of my private garden!)

Well done on ALL the exercising Kirsten!!!

Have you thought about doing 790 to let your body have extra protein??? It's a good plan and I use the soups as sauces to make the chicken/fish more interesting.

Great news about the dating too!!! Keep up the exercising!!! LOL

Back