Food Poisoning

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by Lottie-kins, 27 February 2007 Social URL.

1. Lottie-kins

Lottie-kins Nice and Normal

Diet:
    Cambridge diet
    Hi guys,

Does anyone know anything about food poisoning? I've only ever 'ate something dodgy' previously and it has passed through within 24hrs, but the last I ate was Sunday and I'm being sick and have diarrhea now. I was on holiday just over 2 weeks ago and suffered with it then for about 4 days, but it seemed to clear up.

The only thing I'm concerned about is my mum had a friend who had got salmonella and it lasted about 6 months, continually coming back. I just didn't know how it works, whether it can lie latent in stomach and keep reoffending. Thing is I was fine when I was doing a VLCD when I came back from hols, but then started to get diarrhea again when I ate normal food.

I'm just hoping that I haven't damaged my insides by doing a VLCD, you hear all kinds of horror stories. Can anyone put my paranoid mind at ease?

Popular Forums
  1. MiniMins.com is a weight loss support community helping each other on their weight loss journey. We have a multitude of forums, from Slimming World and Exante, to Success Stories. Click the logo at the top right to return to the forum home page at any time.