• Upgrades have been completed! Including conversations, 😁😎🏀⚾⚽ Emojis and more.. Read more

Food Poisoning

jadeelizabeth

becoming a happier, healthier me
I ate out at my local pub earlier for lunch and had gammon, egg and veg. It all seemed pretty well cooked.

A couple of hours later and I've had a little bit of a dicky stomach. Nothing too bad and it seems to have settled, for now!

Might sound like a silly question bit Does anyone know whether this could be food poisoning?

Get Rid of this ad and join in on the conversation for free today! Tap here!
Gotta agree with the others!!

I have had food poisoning and believe me when you do, you don't even need to ask!
Without going into horrible detail I didn't leave the bathroom for 3 days and felt weak after it for about two weeks

Hope you feel better soon, but sounds a bit like an upset stomach rather than food poisoning x

Usually food poisoning symptoms take around 12-24 hours after eating before they start seriously. That's when your body starts breaking the food down, digesting it and absorbing it.
You can sometimes feel a little off before hand.
Just be careful and drink plenty of water.
I hope you feel better soon :-D

Mini_Mog

Silver Member
Some forms can start within 4 hours, if it's caused by a bacterial toxin- but you would have severe symptoms- and I mean severe! Been there and it's unmistakable!

I had food poisoning once after eating a pasty and had violent vomiting and diarrhoea. So I agree you'd really know if you had it!

I have had campylobacter from chicken that wasn't cooked properly and it took a whole 7 days for it to effect me - and was sooo ill, nearly ended up in hospital was so bad for at least 2 weeks without going into the details!!

Glad you are feeling better though
xxx