Food question

Lfc

Morning all. Quick question. Can I have green beans as part of my veg allowance. ??? As thinking today chilli with 200g green beans. Thanks

Lfc said:
Morning all. Quick question. Can I have green beans as part of my veg allowance. ??? As thinking today chilli with 200g green beans. Thanks

No, they're not on the allowed veg list. I think it's cos they're higher in carbs. 100g has about 7g of carbs

They're not on the list that I received with my packs so I doubt lt. That does sound nice though! Maybe you could use broccoli instead?

Ok thanks guys x. With think of summat else to mix with it :)

I tend to check out the calorie and carb content per 100g of any vegetables I fancy that aren't on the list. If it's the same or lower than say broccoli or cauliflower then I might decide to include it. As a warning though many of the vegetables that aren't on the list aren't there because they are carby; sweetcorn, peas, carrots, onions to name a few. I also don't tend to have 200g of just one vegetable. I try to have a mix of 2 or more as they contain different nutrients so a variety is probably better for you.

BordersGirl said:
I tend to check out the calorie and carb content per 100g of any vegetables I fancy that aren't on the list. If it's the same or lower than say broccoli or cauliflower then I might decide to include it. As a warning though many of the vegetables that aren't on the list aren't there because they are carby; sweetcorn, peas, carrots, onions to name a few. I also don't tend to have 200g of just one vegetable. I try to have a mix of 2 or more as they contain different nutrients so a variety is probably better for you.

As I posted further up-green beans are 7g carb per 100g, and isn't brocolli only about 2??

Yeah, it was more of a general answer to how I decide whether to include certain vegetables rather than specifically about the green beans. If I really really wanted a particular veg I'd work out what I would need to reduce the quantity down to in order to keep the calories / carbs within limits of the other allowed veggies. If it's a really pathetic amount then it's probably not worth having as a substitute for something on the list. So for green beans you'd be looking at having about a third of the quantity to keep within limits.

Lfc have you tried cauliflower 'rice' with the chilli? Grate raw cauliflower or I chuck mine in a blender then put in a bowl, cover in cling film, no water, and microwave for 1 and a half minutes. 200g makes loads. I also like steamed cabbage with my chilli.

I have green beans to snack on sometimes, but less than 50g. I put everything on mfp

Saddlebag said:
Lfc have you tried cauliflower 'rice' with the chilli? Grate raw cauliflower or I chuck mine in a blender then put in a bowl, cover in cling film, no water, and microwave for 1 and a half minutes. 200g makes loads. I also like steamed cabbage with my chilli.

Cheers. Think I will give this a try :)

Saddlebag said:

Hey what a great idea. I'm going to try that little trick tomorrow. Any substitute for the nachos lol (joking).

Back