Food without the angst - Vegan SW

Only half a pound off. I know why though, I've just bothered to look up the very wonderful Foxe's chunkie dark chocolate biscuiits (special offer in Tesco at a quid a packet atm) and they are 5 syns each, I had been guessing them at 3 and had 6 after wi last week. Also, where I;ve been so tired I've been eating more than I really need. Good free foods but not enough SF to go with them and too much, eaten at a time when I wouldn't normally be eating - just to give me some energy.

So this week I'm limiting myself to three of them tonight. G has just taken the packet into the kitchen for me. Next week I shall have a mega loss and get SOW :) Or at least, my half stone award.

So all of today's food that I can remember:

8 cashews
various bananas, melon, mango and strawberries - I dare not eat an apple without slicing it first as the new filling on my inscisor will pop off again if I bite into a whole one, I've lost it twice before like that.
Scrambled tofu with nutritional yeast, balsamic vinegar, black salt and tumeric
Roasted cherry tomatoes
Rice salad with capers, lettuce, gherkins, tomatoes and nutritional yeast.

Syns - 15 for the biccies and say 3 for the yeast flakes.

During this evening if I get the munchies I'll have the salad wich does at least have some super free in it, and I'm shattered, no going out again for a run or anything.

Only half a pound off. I know why though, I've just bothered to look up the very wonderful Foxe's chunkie dark chocolate biscuiits (special offer in Tesco at a quid a packet atm) and they are 5 syns each, I had been guessing them at 3 and had 6 after wi last week. Also, where I;ve been so tired I've been eating more than I really need. Good free foods but not enough SF to go with them and too much, eaten at a time when I wouldn't normally be eating - just to give me some energy. So this week I'm limiting myself to three of them tonight. G has just taken the packet into the kitchen for me. Next week I shall have a mega loss and get SOW :) Or at least, my half stone award. So all of today's food that I can remember: 8 cashews various bananas, melon, mango and strawberries - I dare not eat an apple without slicing it first as the new filling on my inscisor will pop off again if I bite into a whole one, I've lost it twice before like that. Scrambled tofu with nutritional yeast, balsamic vinegar, black salt and tumeric Roasted cherry tomatoes Rice salad with capers, lettuce, gherkins, tomatoes and nutritional yeast. Syns - 15 for the biccies and say 3 for the yeast flakes. During this evening if I get the munchies I'll have the salad wich does at least have some super free in it, and I'm shattered, no going out again for a run or anything.

A half is a half and it's good you know why it wasn't more. Starting exercise too puts weight on at first due to extra water to cushion bones. Next week is your week

Only half a pound off. I know why though, I've just bothered to look up the very wonderful Foxe's chunkie dark chocolate biscuiits (special offer in Tesco at a quid a packet atm) and they are 5 syns each, I had been guessing them at 3 and had 6 after wi last week. Also, where I;ve been so tired I've been eating more than I really need. Good free foods but not enough SF to go with them and too much, eaten at a time when I wouldn't normally be eating - just to give me some energy. So this week I'm limiting myself to three of them tonight. G has just taken the packet into the kitchen for me. Next week I shall have a mega loss and get SOW :) Or at least, my half stone award. So all of today's food that I can remember: 8 cashews various bananas, melon, mango and strawberries - I dare not eat an apple without slicing it first as the new filling on my inscisor will pop off again if I bite into a whole one, I've lost it twice before like that. Scrambled tofu with nutritional yeast, balsamic vinegar, black salt and tumeric Roasted cherry tomatoes Rice salad with capers, lettuce, gherkins, tomatoes and nutritional yeast. Syns - 15 for the biccies and say 3 for the yeast flakes. During this evening if I get the munchies I'll have the salad wich does at least have some super free in it, and I'm shattered, no going out again for a run or anything.

At least it's a loss! You'll smash it next week because you know where you went wrong this week, even though I doubt those biscuits would of had much affect to be honest, you should of lost loads more than that. It must play havoc with your appetite having to stay up so late and then being on the go and being tired all day. Like M said you hold fluid when you first start exercise. Keep doing what you're doing :)

Lisa xxx

Thanks for the encouragement :) Oh, thank goodness this is SW. I lost it last night, but have seen that it is recoverable. At about 1.30 I thought that a box of chocolates would be a good idea, then I saw G had left a glass of chocolate almond milk lying around. Food left lying around is a bit of a trigger for me, apart from being sick with tiredness last night.

So I've looked it all up. The damage was:

3 biscuits 15 syns
10 chocolates 20 syns
300 ml (I measured the glass today) of Alpro Almond Chocolate milk. 250 ml can be one of todays A choices Just looked that up, 100ml is 2.5 syns so lets call that 2

SO 37 syns to recover. That's only three days worth of syns but if I go syn free I could get to feel a bit resentful so I'm going to reckon 5 syns a day for the rest of this week and do some success express days.

Right now I feel dazed with tiredness and have to go off to do 5 hours lugging a hoover up and down three stories, plus all the ancilary bits and scrub and clean all day. Then dealing with the tutor and then counselling. At least G is here to get the lad up. Guess what, I don't feel like it one little bit, and my back hurts. Whinge over. Good thing is, bedtime should happen at 12.30 tonight and I can sleep in a bit Thursday.

There is a nice success express breakfast waiting for me, lots of mushrooms and tomatoes done in frylight to have with last night's scrambled tofu, which I shall force down.

Then off I go with the day, this week is salvageable. Phew.

Sorry you had a hickup last night. I think being tired is the hardest thing to deal with. As you say, you can recover it though if you're careful for the rest of the week. Good luck.

Thanks for the encouragement :) Oh, thank goodness this is SW. I lost it last night, but have seen that it is recoverable. At about 1.30 I thought that a box of chocolates would be a good idea, then I saw G had left a glass of chocolate almond milk lying around. Food left lying around is a bit of a trigger for me, apart from being sick with tiredness last night. So I've looked it all up. The damage was: 3 biscuits 15 syns 10 chocolates 20 syns 300 ml (I measured the glass today) of Alpro Almond Chocolate milk. 250 ml can be one of todays A choices Just looked that up, 100ml is 2.5 syns so lets call that 2 SO 37 syns to recover. That's only three days worth of syns but if I go syn free I could get to feel a bit resentful so I'm going to reckon 5 syns a day for the rest of this week and do some success express days. Right now I feel dazed with tiredness and have to go off to do 5 hours lugging a hoover up and down three stories, plus all the ancilary bits and scrub and clean all day. Then dealing with the tutor and then counselling. At least G is here to get the lad up. Guess what, I don't feel like it one little bit, and my back hurts. Whinge over. Good thing is, bedtime should happen at 12.30 tonight and I can sleep in a bit Thursday. There is a nice success express breakfast waiting for me, lots of mushrooms and tomatoes done in frylight to have with last night's scrambled tofu, which I shall force down. Then off I go with the day, this week is salvageable. Phew.

I always overestimate when I'm tired. You are 100% right not to go for zero syns - you need a treat every day,

Sorry you had a hickup last night. I think being tired is the hardest thing to deal with. As you say, you can recover it though if you're careful for the rest of the week. Good luck.

Ha, thanks Beanfeast, a hiccup, not what I was calling it when I woke up. It's exactly what would have plunged be into a serious despairing binge before but looking at the structure of SW made me see I could salvage the week. So long as it doesn't happen again.

Have eaten sensibly today and had a snooze.

You did well. I must admit I suffer terribly with the throw the towel in mentality once I've made a mistake.
I'm sure you will still lose on your next weigh in.

Oh, what have I had?

Breakfast: Scrambled tofu with roast tomatoes - didn't have the mushrooms as they were under cooked
Lunch: Rice salad with broad beans, capers, gherking, tomatoes and lettuce with a sprinkling of nooch. Lets call it 1 syn
half a melon.
2 bowls of rice with some of my almond milk and splenda half and hlaf. 1 syn but not a good choice to have so much rice on it's own
1 litre mug of soup made of a tin of carrots, a tin of baked beans, tomato puree and boiling water bunged in the proccessor with onion salt and smoked paprika

As I had a few hours snooze earlier and have to wait up with my boy there are some potential eating hours ahead. I think I'll plan ahead and get some SW chips in the oven now with the BBQ frylight and if I do get the munchies I can have them with a Linda M sausage or two and some toms. Need the SF even if on green.

Oh, no HES Bs today, might munch some cashews OR some synfree houmous and ryvita. Just thinking aloud here, will update tomorrow on what I did have.

ETA In the end I had an apple and 5 ryvitas with a pate made putting some black eyed beans in the food processor with garlic salt, smoked garlic and smoked paprika. It was very nice, I've got a bit addicted to smoked paprika etc.

Last edited:
Ha, thanks Beanfeast, a hiccup, not what I was calling it when I woke up. It's exactly what would have plunged be into a serious despairing binge before but looking at the structure of SW made me see I could salvage the week. So long as it doesn't happen again.

Have eaten sensibly today and had a snooze.

Well done! I really empathise and know the warped workings of the mind when it comes to bingeing. It can almost feel like a relief to have a hiccup because it seems like you've got permission to throw all good plans and structure out of the window and go mad. Once I feel like that it is ever so difficult to stop it and rein it back in before the thoughts turn to actions.

Oh, what have I had?

Breakfast: Scrambled tofu with roast tomatoes - didn't have the mushrooms as they were under cooked
Lunch: Rice salad with broad beans, capers, gherking, tomatoes and lettuce with a sprinkling of nooch. Lets call it 1 syn
half a melon.
2 bowls of rice with some of my almond milk and splenda half and hlaf. 1 syn but not a good choice to have so much rice on it's own
1 litre mug of soup made of a tin of carrots, a tin of baked beans, tomato puree and boiling water bunged in the proccessor with onion salt and smoked paprika

As I had a few hours snooze earlier and have to wait up with my boy there are some potential eating hours ahead. I think I'll plan ahead and get some SW chips in the oven now with the BBQ frylight and if I do get the munchies I can have them with a Linda M sausage or two and some toms. Need the SF even if on green.

Oh, no HES Bs today, might munch some cashews OR some synfree houmous and ryvita. Just thinking aloud here, will update tomorrow on what I did have.

ETA In the end I had an apple and 5 ryvitas with a pate made putting some black eyed beans in the food processor with garlic salt, smoked garlic and smoked paprika. It was very nice, I've got a bit addicted to smoked paprika etc.

It seems although I'm not vegan that we have very similar taste buds. I had a lovely rice salad with capers in it yesterday ( I LOVE capers) and I am so so addicted to smoked paprika! Thankfully we have a wonderful little healthfood shop in a town nearby where you can buy all herbs and spices in larger quantities and it's very cheap. If I bought the 30g jars from sainsbury's at £1 each, I'd be a poor woman now because it goes into most things.

One of my favourite and easiest meals is an onion salad (yep, I like eye watering sharpness) with some yogurt and lots of smoked paprika and have that with mixed raw peppers and a jacket potato.

Thanks for asking, he is a reclusive young man with Aspergers so I am SO happy he is meeting an online friend and they are going out together to a special event on Sunday. Lots of driving and organising with the other lads family but SO worth it.

Food today, before I forget. 2 Ryvitas with pate, off to get in stocks of stuff human foods and MELONS ;)

tasters whilst cooking the others food. It was nice, Fry's chick'n strips with a creamy sauce made from soya milk, parsley stock cube and cornflour, red peppers and onion. a quarter of the pack would have been 5 and I certainly didn't have that so will guestimate four. Not a lot I can do with one syn so will 'put it in the bank' so as to speak for tomorrow.

Last edited:
The BBQ frylight is good. Did myself some SW chippy things with it, and roasted cherry toms and courgette with the normal tasting one. Yum. And mango :)

Sainsbury I think, or possibly tesco, sorry I can't be sure.

Thanks, I'll have a look.

I'll keep my eyes open for it too and report back. The rest of my food today was more BBQ chips with tinned toms this time but have woken hungry so will have some cashews as I've a HEX b left for today and an apple.

250 ml alpro almond dark chocolate HEX a

a list to be continued ....

Before I go out, I'd like to share this with you. How sad that the majority of women hate their bodies. I don't just say this because of the video on the link I'm about to share as I've seen figures from many surveys.

This is about acceptance, about teaching our daughters to love themselves. From a very personal point of view I know that when I am caught up in hating my body, any attempt at improving my fitness is very short lived. It is only when I am in a state of acceptance and self love that I can change my lifestyle to help my fitness.

Only when I can genuinely take rolls of my tummy squishyness (or mummy blob as my children endearingly called it when they were smaller) and appreciate them and acknowledge if it were not for my over eating I'd have been alchoholic or cutting myself or something else, only then can I move onto making positive changes that benefit my health.

The Story Behind One Of The Best Before-And-After Photos I've Ever Seen

Back