Food without the angst - Vegan SW

As already listed

250ml Almond chocolate milk, HEX A
Frozen black sweet cherries - yum!
2 bananas

Strange I don't really feel like eating. I've yet another disc problem. Self diagnosed but I recognise the symptoms now, pain in back radiating down arm, not one line of pain but very specific patches, weekness and sometimes intensely painful pins and needles all more or less in the same places, it feels very cold sometimes too. So I'm back on the old meds, they did make me feel sick and woozy but I know from past experience that I'll get used to them and will heal. Spose I should go to the GP and inform of the fact the sciatica has just about gone, but I'm using the codiene for this instead. And, yay me, I'm totally off the anti Ds now and no sign of either jumping off the nearest bridge or pushing anyone else off.

I supect that running on hard pavements didn't do me any favours, bearing in mind the excess weight that is also dragging on my spine so I'm dropping that for a while. Perhaps get my but in gear for swimming again which is not a load bearing exercise of course. Speaking of which, I have a bath waiting for me. Sploosh sploosh :)

I hadn't planned this, but it looks as though today will be a day of fasting on fruit and my HEX A allowances. I made a big bowlful of fruit salad with raspberries, melon, mango and banana and that is all I want now. Not SW approved but if I'm not hungry for anything else so be it.

The cashews cried out to me, 'Eat me, eat me' so I did. 8 cashews = 1 x HEX B

Saturday 06.27
Before I go back to bed and forget. 1 banana, and a drink made of 100 ml chocolate almond milk and 200 ml coconut milk, I'm counting this as a HEX A

tofu frozen and squeezed with BBQ frylight, pearS

Last edited:
I think this could descend into tired waffling, if not there already. With my new mindset of 'I'm successfully loosing weight' I have new thoughts whenever I pass a mirror. There is one on the way downstairs, because of it's angle I can ever see myself from the front, an angle that looks less stout than from the side. I saw myself this morning going down and thought of myself as the incredible shrinking woman - good self talk I thought for loosing weight. Oh, I am so hoping for a decent loss this week to make up for last week.

I've also cut my hair and using a temporary hair colourant from Superdrug that is suitable for vegans. It is good to be taking care of my appearance again. After my husband commented on my wearing neutral or black colours all the time, I've splashed out on some flowery tee shirts and PINK sandals. I do feel better about myself and more summery and light hearted.

Hope you are feeling better soon. Sometimes fruit is just enough. I haven't tried the HEX coconut milk. I rarely use my A choices, but I might try that one. Is it very coconutty?

Thanks Beanie. The Alpro one isn't on the list but I expect it will be soon. It is delicious. You do get 425 ml of the Koko one. I've not had that one for years, but I remember it as not being so good.

Still food for saturday.

Veggie soup - lots
raspberries and 1 digestive biscuit 4 syns - what a waste of my syns for today! I thought they were less :(

and then another four foxes ginger crinkles. :)( ) which came to 10 syns - 14 syns today and it was meant to be 5. Ah well, if this is another week of lower losses or the dreaded STS or (in a teeny teeny voice) a gain I really will have to pull my socks up.

More bananas, orange and rice with whole green beans, about 50/50

I'm determined not to get into binging and fasting, so am doing my best to be relaxed about what really is a pretty minor hiccupp. Heck, four biscuits and then I stopped. This is the woman who could gorge the entire supermarket shelf full of biscuits in a pretty short time so I'm not beating myself up about it.

It was sunny most of the day, I've got the sewing machine out and sewed myself a nice new top, I'm helping my boy have an afternoon out with an online friend he is meeting for the first time tomorrow. This is the boy who won't leave the house, has major panic attacks that get in the way of his life generally, who certainly is not capable of going into a shop on his own and buying things anymore. Who said, when we talked about how much spending money he would have, that he's work something out. And planned off his own bat to take paacetomol for the headache that will doubtless come with the stress.

See, life is getting better and if it takes me longer than I'd planned to lose some of my extra cuddliness then so be it. Though, tbh, it would greatly benefit my health when it does.

Last edited:
Thanks for asking, he is a reclusive young man with Aspergers so I am SO happy he is meeting an online friend and they are going out together to a special event on Sunday. Lots of driving and organising with the other lads family but SO worth it.

Sorry I never replied to this. I hope your son will have a lovely time on Sunday. I don't know much about Aspergers but have friends whose son has it too and from reading up about it, it expresses itself quite differently in different people. But my friends' son, although he's a real sweetie, does struggle so much with people and him having a pal now to go on bike rides and generally be friends is such a lifeline. So I'm really glad you have managed to arrange the meeting tomorrow.

I think this could descend into tired waffling, if not there already. With my new mindset of 'I'm successfully loosing weight' I have new thoughts whenever I pass a mirror. There is one on the way downstairs, because of it's angle I can ever see myself from the front, an angle that looks less stout than from the side. I saw myself this morning going down and thought of myself as the incredible shrinking woman - good self talk I thought for loosing weight. Oh, I am so hoping for a decent loss this week to make up for last week.

I've also cut my hair and using a temporary hair colourant from Superdrug that is suitable for vegans. It is good to be taking care of my appearance again. After my husband commented on my wearing neutral or black colours all the time, I've splashed out on some flowery tee shirts and PINK sandals. I do feel better about myself and more summery and light hearted.

Positive thoughts about yourself are so important and saying them out loud regularly can have quite an impact. And well done on sprucing up your wardrobe, it makes such a difference to how you feel and especially with longer days and hopefully more sunshine and possibly heat (dare I say it!) there is no reason why you shouldn't enjoy it and show that in your appearance. Regardless of your weight.

Im so pleased that you're in a happier place :) and you shouldn't need an excuse to treat yourself and make yourself feel nice, it's good for the soul :heartpump:

Phew, lots off driving today but so worth it to see my boy out with a friend. I've some curtains to hang, then back to pick them up, feed them and then take the visitor to a station so his parents can collect him at the other end. Now they've met me they trust me to do this :)

Food has been yummy and very definitely generous on the SFs and lacking in the sysn. One day to get back on track. Two meals the same of lots of cherry tomatoes cooked till soft with a squirt or several of frylight, black eyed beans and rice seasoned with bouillon powder. I lurve black eyed beans at the moment, hard to believe that such a simple concoction could be so delicious. In my opinion. Snacks of orange, banana and pear.

It has been a good day and worth every inch of driving to see my boy looking happy and fulfilled doing something he enjoyed with a friend. The rest of my food has been two bowls full of a mix of tinned green beans, rice and a tofu mayo inspired by the recipe I linked to last night, but as I only used 8 cashews they counted as my HEX B. A very nutritious yet full of super free meal, more fruit, pear, banana and apple. 3 ryvita for my other HEX B

I've had minimal syns today. A level teaspoon of prepared mustard which cannot be much and less than half a syn as I tested the boys meal and three scra[ings of marmalade less than 3 syns.

Last edited:
mayo recipe sounds good, with so few syns. Glad you are starting to feel more positive. New clothes and a new hair do helps enormously. I'll keep my fingers crossed for your weigh in.

Woo, go me :) I cooked bread tonight and din't have any of it, I cooked cake and had a few crumbs, then as I started to gather more crumbs to make a larger real mouthfull I put them down and left the room. How's that for focus? I've put all of those things plus some stuffed tomatoes and chips in packaging for OH's work food tomorrow and served food for the other family members and just had the teeniest of nibbles. I do so hope that this week has been enough to counteract the big er hiccup on WI day and the lesser one later in the week.

If not, at least I'll know I can stay on track well enough not to have put on a stone this week.

Beanfeast, we were talking about seitan either here or on your diary. The Granovita mock duck is free. Looking up nutritional values and ingredients makes me SURE that home made seitan would be free, as you said. It's 3.2% fat and has wheat gluten, safflower oil and sugar in the ingredients.

So, of I go to the Gentle Chef's books again and start cooking. I've been wanting to try his recipes but it's not much fun to cook if you can't have any of it. Throw in an OH who has difficulty eating but needs to put on weight and a picky son and I could be faced with a lot of left overs with a high syn value. But I think it wall be good. He has a nice website too, have an explore here. The Gentle Chef

Amongst today's food I had some rather nice tomatoes I roasted and stuffed with rice and lentils, tomato pulp from the stuffed tomatoes flavoured with Lebanese 7 spice powder. For my son and husband I also added some Vegusto herby 'cheese' in quotations as it is vegan and I tried some of the little oozings on the baking sheet. I think I'll save some syns for that next week.

It has been a good day and worth every inch of driving to see my boy looking happy and fulfilled doing something he enjoyed with a friend. The rest of my food has been two bowls full of a mix of tinned green beans, rice and a tofu mayo inspired by the recipe I linked to last night, but as I only used 8 cashews they counted as my HEX B. A very nutritious yet full of super free meal, more fruit, pear, banana and apple. 3 ryvita for my other HEX B

I've had minimal syns today. A level teaspoon of prepared mustard which cannot be much and less than half a syn as I tested the boys meal and three scra[ings of marmalade less than 3 syns.

Sounded like a really good day! By the way, I'm a little confused, you say the 3 ryvitas are you other HexB? Is there more than one in the day? I have only ever had on of the HexA and the HexB.

Back