Food without the angst - Vegan SW

Ah, that's where the people doing the other plans get lucky :) On red and green days you can two As and 2 Bs. SW don't promote these plans and sadly, may of the consultants don't know them very well. The woman who was standing in for the regular C in the group I go to now admitted she knew nothing of the green plan and tried to push me into EE. I tried it and soon realsied I was eating just the same as on a green day but with only one A and B choice.

However, people on this forum seem to be losing very well, better than I remember in the days when more people were doing the red and green days and I'm wondering if the decreased HE intake has anything to do with it.

In the groups though, this does not seem to be the case, there are plenty plodding on with 1 or 2 a week lost, some STS and some gains so perhaps I've been a little selective in what I've been reading here.

Ryvitas in themselves are a little strange. You can have either 2 or 4 for a HE. 2 I think was recommended as speed. But I , going out into treachorous uncharted waters
again have been going for 3.

We have a couple of cats to get to the vets today, so long as I can wake the lad up, I need him to carry one. So here I go, launching myself into mum mode again. All the whilst with my fingers crossed for tonight.

Thanks Kami2112

It was 1.5 off, not bad considering the considerable 'hiccup' earlier in the week. All the way home I was planning how to eat this week to get a better loss and as soon I was home I decided to have a slice of the cake I cooked yesterday. Very good it was too, but yet again I will be limiting my syns for the rest of the week. Still, 8 lbs off in total, I am pleased that I stared when I did.

It's been a busy day, cats to the vet, nothing to worry about, we went to see the new Godzilla after that, then a second bath of the day as my arm/back is seriously sore and that does ease it, them SW and here I am back again.

Thanks Kami2112 It was 1.5 off, not bad considering the considerable 'hiccup' earlier in the week. All the way home I was planning how to eat this week to get a better loss and as soon I was home I decided to have a slice of the cake I cooked yesterday. Very good it was too, but yet again I will be limiting my syns for the rest of the week. Still, 8 lbs off in total, I am pleased that I stared when I did. It's been a busy day, cats to the vet, nothing to worry about, we went to see the new Godzilla after that, then a second bath of the day as my arm/back is seriously sore and that does ease it, them SW and here I am back again.

1.5 off is great!! ...and 8lb off in 3 weeks is even better. Well done! :)

Lisa :)

Ah, that's where the people doing the other plans get lucky :) On red and green days you can two As and 2 Bs.

Ah yes of course! I did read that somewhere. And I noticed the ryvita issue (I would like to call it Ryvita Gate) with 2 being a HexB and 4 being a HexB literally just one below the other on the same table in the book. Surely someone picked up on that not being quite clear?

Thanks Kami2112

It was 1.5 off, not bad considering the considerable 'hiccup' earlier in the week. All the way home I was planning how to eat this week to get a better loss and as soon I was home I decided to have a slice of the cake I cooked yesterday. Very good it was too, but yet again I will be limiting my syns for the rest of the week. Still, 8 lbs off in total, I am pleased that I stared when I did.

It's been a busy day, cats to the vet, nothing to worry about, we went to see the new Godzilla after that, then a second bath of the day as my arm/back is seriously sore and that does ease it, them SW and here I am back again.

Well done on your loss, that's great!! I'm sure that will keep you motivated through this week now. How was the film?

I cried. But then I cry over most films. Good graphics, started in an interesting way with old looking graphics and I think some real shots from the really old Godzilla films, got quite exciting for the last hour.

I'm glad the Granovita mock duck is free, I like that stuff very much. I bought some seitan in a jar, just to see if it tasted anything like mine, but I think my home made one was nicer. I've still got a jar of tempeh here, but I'm a bit frightened of it and not sure what to do with it. I've never tasted it before.
Thanks for the Gentle Chef's website. I looked for the cookbook on Amazon, but it wasn't on kindle, which I need as fractions in cookbooks don't turn out well on the scanner. I am excited now to go and look at the site, so night night and catch up tomorrow.

The Gentle Chef, ie Skye Michael seems really nice, he has a professional fb page and a personal one and I warm to him. People there rave over his non dairy recipes.

Big congrats on the loss this week. I must admit that when I get home from class it's the most dangerous time for me to snack on something off plan. I think it's next Tuesday being so far away.

I'm glad you enjoyed the film. Cinema is such an expensive affair these days, I always begrudge it if the film isn't as good as I had hoped.

By the way, on the Ryvita issue again, I had a think about it this morning when I had my Weetabix as a HexB. 2 Weetabix are free as a healthy extra and they have 136 calories, one ryvita has 35 (original rye) so 4 of that would be 140 cals. So I reckon 4 would be ok even on EE where there is only 1 HexB. Sorry for the overthinking of things, it's my way :D

Thanks for doing the working out of the ryvita calories. That sounds about right. Films ... tbh, I've slept through a lot of noisy and boring action films but I like to take my lad out to them when he is wanting to go. We have insider cards for showcase so it's £6 each. The silly thing is that this is still less than a standard child's ticket. So when he looked younger I would make him loiter out of site whilst I bought the tickets. As the insider deals are for 18 and above.

Ah, the things I've slept through, in a tent at the Womad festival when Concord went supersonic overhead, Moterhead under a table at the back of the Lyceum, countless films. This is why I couldn't make head nor tail out of the latest batman movie as I only woke up for the loud action bits. I am told I can be a tad embarrassing as a cinema companion, so he digs me in the ribs every so often to make sure I am awake. :)

Food, lost it a bit this week apart from my post weigh in indulgance, H&B had some reduced easter goodies and I've always wondered what vegan white chocolate tasted like. The Choices bunnies are not bad, if a bit over sweet is all I'm saying.

So I'm praying for a STS this week.

Thanks for doing the working out of the ryvita calories. That sounds about right. Films ... tbh, I've slept through a lot of noisy and boring action films but I like to take my lad out to them when he is wanting to go. We have insider cards for showcase so it's £6 each. The silly thing is that this is still less than a standard child's ticket. So when he looked younger I would make him loiter out of site whilst I bought the tickets. As the insider deals are for 18 and above. Ah, the things I've slept through, in a tent at the Womad festival when Concord went supersonic overhead, Moterhead under a table at the back of the Lyceum, countless films. This is why I couldn't make head nor tail out of the latest batman movie as I only woke up for the loud action bits. I am told I can be a tad embarrassing as a cinema companion, so he digs me in the ribs every so often to make sure I am awake. :) Food, lost it a bit this week apart from my post weigh in indulgance, H&B had some reduced easter goodies and I've always wondered what vegan white chocolate tasted like. The Choices bunnies are not bad, if a bit over sweet is all I'm saying. So I'm praying for a STS this week.

Fingers xd for you micci. Sleeping through Motörhead?! How?! I saw them at the regent in Ipswich and they were so loud I'm surprised my ears didn't bleed!!! I love loud but pheweeee - it was unbelievable. Saw them at sonisphere in 2012 - really good but not as good as slipknot (in my opinion)!!

A little bit of white choc shouldn't send you over the edge too badly. I can feel my will I weak at the moment. I so so want the loss but my head is trying to do other things!!

No running. It's official, have just got back from the doctor who has sent me for an MRI scan of my upper spine to see what is causing the pain. But, tbh, I know, will keep taking painkillers and having hot baths tilll it gets better. Swimming is an option, and one that I enjoy, but the pool I'm signed up to is a bit of a journey away.

Ho hum, but on the good side, I bought a dozen peaches today that need eating before tomorrow. Noone else is very keen on them so womanfully I am steppping into the breach. I've also been chomping away on some rather good home made seitan so am hoping very strongly it can count as a free food.

No running. It's official, have just got back from the doctor who has sent me for an MRI scan of my upper spine to see what is causing the pain. But, tbh, I know, will keep taking painkillers and having hot baths tilll it gets better. Swimming is an option, and one that I enjoy, but the pool I'm signed up to is a bit of a journey away. Ho hum, but on the good side, I bought a dozen peaches today that need eating before tomorrow. Noone else is very keen on them so womanfully I am steppping into the breach. I've also been chomping away on some rather good home made seitan so am hoping very strongly it can count as a free food.

I love fresh peaches. I like them fried with a little sugar. Never tried it with sweetener and fry light :)

Lisa x

I love fresh peaches. I like them fried with a little sugar. Never tried it with sweetener and fry light :)

Lisa x

Have I started typing noncense? I had some valium off the doctor.

It was probably my post that was confusing. I was talking about how much I like peaches (after you mentioned buying some that needed eating by tomorrow) but I like them fried with a little sugar but I don't think they would taste the same if I tried to do them SW friendly style by using fry-light and sweetener sugar.
I should've worded it better.

Lisa x

Fried peaches eh? Never heard of such a thing, and I suppose I won't now until at target .... unless I give up.

Today was the deadline for filling in the DLA form for my son. I HATE doing it and have been putting it off and putting it off, so today with the excuse of taking the diazapam I have for my sore neck and arm I pigged out on half a flipping cake that was left in the cake tin, F*&^k knows what else and crashed out, missing OH going off to work. I feel really bad about that as when he is on nights he really does need support with me getting food ready for him to take in and eat before he goes out.

I've messed up totally and still haven't filled in the form or looked for supporting paperwork

Back